PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence softball team played a doubleheader against the St. John’s Red Storm on Saturday, April 28. The Friars took game one, 10-0, before dropping the second game, 6-1. Providence now has a record of 12-28 (6-10) on the season.
Game One Highlights:
-Both the Friars and Red Storm were held scoreless through three innings.
- The Friars struck first in the bottom of the fourth when Paige Mulry (West Roxbury, Mass.) hit a two-run single over the head of the first basemen and put Providence up 2-0.
- Providence exploded for an eight-run inning in the bottom of the fifth inning.
- Emma Lee (Orange, Calif.) started the score by hitting an RBI single to drive in Taylor Stephen (Monarch Beach, Calif.) and make the score 3-0.
- Julianne Rurka (Warrenville, Ill.) hit a sacrifice fly to score Jackie Martin (Bridgeton, N.J.) and put PC up 4-0.
-Brittney Veler (Santa Rosa, Calif.) followed this up with a single to centerfield that scored Annie Flego (Little Silver, N.J.) and made the score 5-0.
- Paige Mulry (West Roxbury, Mass.) drew a walk to score Lee and make the score 6-0.
- Mackensie Compton (Langhorne, Pa.) ended the game with one swing of the bat as she hit a grand
slam home run to put Providence up 10-0.
- Christina Ramirez (Niceville, Fla.) pitched 5.0 innings in the win for Providence. Ramirez did not allow a run while striking out four batters in the victory. She improves her record to 6-12 on the season.
Game Two Highlights:
- St. John’s started the scoring early, taking four runs in the top of the first inning.
- The Red Storm added to their lead in the top of the fourth, scoring a run to take a 5-0 lead.
- St. John’s scored again in the top of the sixth to take a 6-0 lead.
- Veler cut into the Red Storm lead when she slammed her ninth home run of the year in the bottom of the sixth inning. The solo shot made the score 6-1.
- Providence would be unable to score again and would drop the game 6-1.
- Megan McCune (Orange, Calif.) was credited with the loss after allowing four runs in the top of the first. McCune’s record is now 3-7 on the year.
- Miranda Trinidad (La Habra, Calif.) pitched seven innings of relief, allowing only two runs.
Providence finishes off its series against St. John’s on Sunday, April 29 with a game starting at 12:00 p.m.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Softball Set For Senior Weekend
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence College softball team will host a three-game weekend series against the DePaul Blue Demons on May 5-6. The Friars...
Providence Softball Tops CCSU
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence College softball team played a single game against the Central Connecticut Blue Devils on Tuesday, May 1. Providence ...
Providence To Host CCSU For ...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence College softball team hosts the Central Connecticut State University Blue Devils for its final non-conference game of...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence College softball team announced today (April 30) that its game against the DePaul Blue Demons, scheduled for Sunday, ...
Providence Softball Downed...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence College softball team played the final game of its three-game series against the St. John’s Red Storm on Sunday...
Softball Pushes Back Start...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - The Providence College softball team announced that the start time for its game against St. John's has been pushed back to start at 2:00 p...
Providence Softball Splits...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence softball team played a doubleheader against the St. John’s Red Storm on Saturday, April 28. The Friars took...
Softball To Host St. John...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence College softball team is set to host the St. John’s Red Storm for a three game series on April 28-29. The...