PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence College Softball team finished its weekend series against the Seton Hall Pirates with a doubleheader on Sunday, April 23. The Friars won the first game, 4-2, before dropping the second game, 4-3. Providence now has an overall record of 17-23 with a record of 5-10 in the BIG EAST. Seton Hall now has a record of 21-20-1 and a record of 6-9 in the BIG EAST this season.
Game One Highlights:
- Providence scored two runs in the bottom of the first inning. Emma Lee (Orange, Calif.) began the game with a double and was driven in by an RBI single by Julianne Rurka (Warrenville, Ill.). The second run was scored when Nadia Kemp (Wappinger’s Falls, N.Y.) drew a walk with the bases loaded.
- In the bottom of the 3rd inning, Paige Mulry (West Roxbury, Mass.) scored from third base on a single hit by Megan McCune (Orange, Calif.).
- Seton Hall scored their two runs in the top of the 5th
- Providence scored an insurance run in bottom of the 6th inning when Rurka hit an RBI single up the middle to score Nicole Lundstrom (Rehoboth, Mass.).
- McCune was the pitcher of record for Providence and improved her record to 2-5 on the season. In 4.2 innings of work, McCune allowed two runs and four hits while striking out two. Miranda Trinidad (La Habra, Calif.) pitched 2.1 innings to record her first save of the season.
Game Two Highlights:
- Seton Hall started the scoring after earning a run in to top of the 2nd
- Providence scored two runs in the bottom of the 2nd Mulry scored after Mackensie Compton (Langhorne, Penn.) reached on an error by the third baseman. Compton advanced to second on the error. Lee drove in Compton with a single to put Providence up 2-1.
- Seton Hall tied the game by scoring a run in the top of the 4th
- In the bottom of the 4th inning, Kemp reached on an error by the first baseman. McCune advanced Kemp by hitting a sacrifice bunt. Compton hit an RBI double to drive in Kemp and put Providence up 3-2.
- Seton Hall scored a run in the top of the 5th to tie the game and then scored again in the top of the 6th to take the lead.
- Christina Ramirez (Niceville, Fla.) pitched a complete game in the loss (11-13). Ramirez allowed four runs in seven innings of work, while striking out eight.
The Friars return to action with a doubleheader against Central Connecticut on Tuesday, April 25. The first game is set to start at 3:00 p.m. and will be followed by the second game at 5:00 p.m.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Softball Drops Doubleheader ...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence College softball team played a doubleheader against the DePaul Blue Demons on Saturday, May 5. The Friars dropped the...
Softball Set For Senior Weekend
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence College softball team will host a three-game weekend series against the DePaul Blue Demons on May 5-6. The Friars...
Providence Softball Tops CCSU
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence College softball team played a single game against the Central Connecticut Blue Devils on Tuesday, May 1. Providence ...
Providence To Host CCSU For ...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence College softball team hosts the Central Connecticut State University Blue Devils for its final non-conference game of...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence College softball team announced today (April 30) that its game against the DePaul Blue Demons, scheduled for Sunday, ...
Providence Softball Downed...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence College softball team played the final game of its three-game series against the St. John’s Red Storm on Sunday...
Softball Pushes Back Start...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - The Providence College softball team announced that the start time for its game against St. John's has been pushed back to start at 2:00 p...
Providence Softball Splits...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence softball team played a doubleheader against the St. John’s Red Storm on Saturday, April 28. The Friars took...