Women's Hockey Set For Non-Conference Match-Up With Big Green
The Friars hold an all-time series record of 28-23-1 against Dartmouth.
Morse leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Big Green with two assists.
Dec. 29, 2013
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
Game Notes at Dartmouth
- The Friars will travel to Hanover, N.H. to take on the Dartmouth Big Green in a non-conference match-up.
- The puck is set to drop at 2:00 p.m. at Thompson Arena on Tuesday, Dec. 31.
- The game will mark the first for the Friars after a three week break from games for the holiday season.
- Dartmouth will be providing live stats of the game, to access the feed CLICK HERE.
- Providence will also be providing live updates of the game through its Twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST TIME OUT..
- Last time out the Friars fell 5-1 to the Yale Bulldogs on home ice on Dec. 6.
- The Friars outshot the Bulldogs 39-28 but could not find a way to break Yale goaltender Jamie Leonoff, who stopped 38 of the 39 shots she faced.
- Yale took a strong three-goal lead before Providence was able to respond with a goal from Stephanie Demars.
- It was DeMars' second goal of the season, notching her first against Clarkson earlier in the year.
- Leading scorer Corinne Buie notched the lone assist on the play to move her point streak to four games.
- Buie is now three points away from the 100-point plateau with 97 points on 44 goals and 53 assists.
- Sarah Bryant made 23 saves in her 16th appearance between the pipes for the Friars this season.
SCOUTING THE BIG GREEN...
- Dartmouth enters Tuesday's game with a 2-11-0 overall record and a 2-7-0 mark in ECAC play.
- The Big Green are led by Lindsey Allen, who has collected a team-best eight points on two assists and a team-high six goals.
- Three Dartmouth players are tied for the team-lead in assists with four apiece.
- Lindsay Holdcroft has played the majority of minutes in goal for the Big Green, playing 544:37 minutes in nine appearances this season.
- Holdcroft holds a .903 save percentage and a 2.86 goals against average with an overall record of 2-7-0.
- Freshman goaltender Robyn Chemago has also notched time in goal for Dartmouth.
- Chemago holds a .905 save percentage and a 3.02 goals against average in 178:46 minutes of play.
- The Big Green are currently on a five game losing streak, with two of the five being overtime losses.
- Last time out Dartmouth was edged by Vermont 1-0 on Dec. 11 after falling 2-1 to New Hampshire on Dec. 8.
- Holdcroft made 24 saves in the loss to Vermont, while Chemago made 33 against New Hampshire.
- Dartmouth's two wins came against Rensselaer (3-1 on Nov. 2) and Colgate (2-1 on Nov. 15).
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- The series history between the Big Green and the Friars dates back to Feb. 7, 1979, when the Friars defeated Dartmouth 5-1 at Schneider Arena.
- The two will be meeting for the 53rd time in the history of the two programs, with Providence holding the edge in the all-time series with a record of 28-23-1.
- Rebecca Morse leads the Friars in scoring against the Big Green with two points on two assists in three career games against Dartmouth.
- Last time the two faced, Dartmouth edged Providence 4-2 at Schneider Arena.
- Morse notched two assists in the loss, while Lexi Romanchuk tallied a goal and Molly Illikainen notched an assist.
- Though outshooting the Big Green 34-20, the Friars could not beat Holdcroft to steal the win.