Dec. 29, 2013
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- The Friars will travel to Hanover, N.H. to take on the Dartmouth Big Green in a non-conference match-up.
- The puck is set to drop at 2:00 p.m. at Thompson Arena on Tuesday, Dec. 31.
- The game will mark the first for the Friars after a three week break from games for the holiday season.
- Dartmouth will be providing live stats of the game, to access the feed CLICK HERE.
- Providence will also be providing live updates of the game through its Twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST TIME OUT..
- Last time out the Friars fell 5-1 to the Yale Bulldogs on home ice on Dec. 6.
- The Friars outshot the Bulldogs 39-28 but could not find a way to break Yale goaltender Jamie Leonoff, who stopped 38 of the 39 shots she faced.
- Yale took a strong three-goal lead before Providence was able to respond with a goal from Stephanie Demars.
- It was DeMars' second goal of the season, notching her first against Clarkson earlier in the year.
- Leading scorer Corinne Buie notched the lone assist on the play to move her point streak to four games.
- Buie is now three points away from the 100-point plateau with 97 points on 44 goals and 53 assists.
- Sarah Bryant made 23 saves in her 16th appearance between the pipes for the Friars this season.
SCOUTING THE BIG GREEN...
- Dartmouth enters Tuesday's game with a 2-11-0 overall record and a 2-7-0 mark in ECAC play.
- The Big Green are led by Lindsey Allen, who has collected a team-best eight points on two assists and a team-high six goals.
- Three Dartmouth players are tied for the team-lead in assists with four apiece.
- Lindsay Holdcroft has played the majority of minutes in goal for the Big Green, playing 544:37 minutes in nine appearances this season.
- Holdcroft holds a .903 save percentage and a 2.86 goals against average with an overall record of 2-7-0.
- Freshman goaltender Robyn Chemago has also notched time in goal for Dartmouth.
- Chemago holds a .905 save percentage and a 3.02 goals against average in 178:46 minutes of play.
- The Big Green are currently on a five game losing streak, with two of the five being overtime losses.
- Last time out Dartmouth was edged by Vermont 1-0 on Dec. 11 after falling 2-1 to New Hampshire on Dec. 8.
- Holdcroft made 24 saves in the loss to Vermont, while Chemago made 33 against New Hampshire.
- Dartmouth's two wins came against Rensselaer (3-1 on Nov. 2) and Colgate (2-1 on Nov. 15).
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- The series history between the Big Green and the Friars dates back to Feb. 7, 1979, when the Friars defeated Dartmouth 5-1 at Schneider Arena.
- The two will be meeting for the 53rd time in the history of the two programs, with Providence holding the edge in the all-time series with a record of 28-23-1.
- Rebecca Morse leads the Friars in scoring against the Big Green with two points on two assists in three career games against Dartmouth.
- Last time the two faced, Dartmouth edged Providence 4-2 at Schneider Arena.
- Morse notched two assists in the loss, while Lexi Romanchuk tallied a goal and Molly Illikainen notched an assist.
- Though outshooting the Big Green 34-20, the Friars could not beat Holdcroft to steal the win.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Eleven Women’s Hockey ...
It was announced by the Hockey East Association today (June 28) that 11 Providence College women’s hockey players were named to the league’s 2016...
Women’s Hockey Unveils...
Providence College women’s hockey Head Coach Bob Deraney announced today (June 13) the program’s 34-game schedule for 2017-18.
Christina Putigna Selected...
Providence College women’s hockey forward Christina Putigna (Grimsby, Ontario) has been selected to the Hockey Canada’s National Women’s...
Alanna Serviss '18 on the...
Alanna Serviss, the junior goalie for the Women's Ice Hockey team, was a guest on the college's podcast.
Women’s Ice Hockey...
It was announced today [April 24] by Providence College Athletics Director Bob Driscoll that women’s ice hockey Head Coach Bob Deraney has signed a...
Women's Hockey Holds End Of ...
The Providence College women’s hockey team held its annual year end awards banquet at Schneider Arena on April 23. The team honored its five graduating...
Whitney Dove Wins Hockey...
The Providence College women’s hockey team claimed two major Hockey East end-of-year awards and placed three on the Honorable Mention All Star Team....
Carels won the Sportsmanship Award and Dove was named to the Pro Ambitions All-Rookie Team.