Dec. 29, 2013
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- The Friars will travel to Hanover, N.H. to take on the Dartmouth Big Green in a non-conference match-up.
- The puck is set to drop at 2:00 p.m. at Thompson Arena on Tuesday, Dec. 31.
- The game will mark the first for the Friars after a three week break from games for the holiday season.
- Dartmouth will be providing live stats of the game, to access the feed CLICK HERE.
- Providence will also be providing live updates of the game through its Twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST TIME OUT..
- Last time out the Friars fell 5-1 to the Yale Bulldogs on home ice on Dec. 6.
- The Friars outshot the Bulldogs 39-28 but could not find a way to break Yale goaltender Jamie Leonoff, who stopped 38 of the 39 shots she faced.
- Yale took a strong three-goal lead before Providence was able to respond with a goal from Stephanie Demars.
- It was DeMars' second goal of the season, notching her first against Clarkson earlier in the year.
- Leading scorer Corinne Buie notched the lone assist on the play to move her point streak to four games.
- Buie is now three points away from the 100-point plateau with 97 points on 44 goals and 53 assists.
- Sarah Bryant made 23 saves in her 16th appearance between the pipes for the Friars this season.
SCOUTING THE BIG GREEN...
- Dartmouth enters Tuesday's game with a 2-11-0 overall record and a 2-7-0 mark in ECAC play.
- The Big Green are led by Lindsey Allen, who has collected a team-best eight points on two assists and a team-high six goals.
- Three Dartmouth players are tied for the team-lead in assists with four apiece.
- Lindsay Holdcroft has played the majority of minutes in goal for the Big Green, playing 544:37 minutes in nine appearances this season.
- Holdcroft holds a .903 save percentage and a 2.86 goals against average with an overall record of 2-7-0.
- Freshman goaltender Robyn Chemago has also notched time in goal for Dartmouth.
- Chemago holds a .905 save percentage and a 3.02 goals against average in 178:46 minutes of play.
- The Big Green are currently on a five game losing streak, with two of the five being overtime losses.
- Last time out Dartmouth was edged by Vermont 1-0 on Dec. 11 after falling 2-1 to New Hampshire on Dec. 8.
- Holdcroft made 24 saves in the loss to Vermont, while Chemago made 33 against New Hampshire.
- Dartmouth's two wins came against Rensselaer (3-1 on Nov. 2) and Colgate (2-1 on Nov. 15).
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- The series history between the Big Green and the Friars dates back to Feb. 7, 1979, when the Friars defeated Dartmouth 5-1 at Schneider Arena.
- The two will be meeting for the 53rd time in the history of the two programs, with Providence holding the edge in the all-time series with a record of 28-23-1.
- Rebecca Morse leads the Friars in scoring against the Big Green with two points on two assists in three career games against Dartmouth.
- Last time the two faced, Dartmouth edged Providence 4-2 at Schneider Arena.
- Morse notched two assists in the loss, while Lexi Romanchuk tallied a goal and Molly Illikainen notched an assist.
- Though outshooting the Big Green 34-20, the Friars could not beat Holdcroft to steal the win.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Christina Putigna Named To...
In an announcement made by the league on Mach 2, Christina Putigna (Grimsby, Ontario) was named to the Hockey East Pro Ambitions All-Rookie Team. Seven other...
Women’s Hockey Finish ...
The Providence College women’s hockey team finished their season with a quarterfinal loss against No. 6 Northeastern, 6-2. Northeastern notched two...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by No. 6 Northeastern in the first game of the best-of-three Hockey East Quarterfinal series....
Women's Hockey Set To...
Providence will play a best of three series at No. 6 Northeastern for the Hockey East Quarter Finals. Providence will travel to Boston, Mass. for a 2:00 p.m...
Women’s Hockey To...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team earned a spot in the 2016 Hockey East playoffs. Providence will play a best-of-three series at No. 6...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by No. 1 Boston College, 9-1. The Friars moved to 10-22-2 (6-16-2 WHEA) and the Eagles improved...
Women's Hockey Defeated ...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated by No. 1 Boston College, 7-1. The Friars moved to 10-21-2 (6-15-2 WHEA) and the Eagles...
Providence To Close Regular ...
Providence will play a home-and-home series with No. 1 Boston College for the final two regular season game in the series. With a three point weekend, the...