PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- Providence will host UNH in a single Hockey East game at Schneider Arena on Friday, Dec. 5.
- The contest is set to begin at 7:00 p.m.
- New Hampshire holds the advantage in the overall series with a 79-51-13 record.
- The Wildcats won last year's series 2-1.
- The winning team in all three games scored four goals.
- UNH won the first two games, 4-2 (Nov. 7, 2013) and 4-1 (Jan. 10, 2014), both in Durham, N.H.
- Providence won the finale, 4-1, on Jan. 11, 2014 at Schneider Arena.
- Senior Allison Micheletti scored a career-high two goals in the contests.
- Sophomore Cassidy Carels and graduate student Stephanie Demars also scored in the game.
- New Hampshire enters the game with a 3-13-1 overall record and a 1-7-0 mark in the WHEA.
- The team most recently dropped two games to No. 3 Wisconsin, both 5-0 losses on Friday, Nov. 28 and Saturday, Nov. 29.
- UNH's lone conference win came against Vermont on Nov. 8 with a 5-1 victory.
- The Wildcats are led by Jonna Curtis who has a team-high five goals, two assists and a team-best seven points
- Kayla Mork has the team lead in assists with five on the season.
- Vilma Vaattovaara has appeared in 14 games in net, compiling a 3.14 goals-against average and a .895 save percentage.
- The junior has recorded one shutout on the season.
- The Friars split a two game series with Brown on Nov. 28 and Nov. 29.
- In the first game, Providence fell 2-1 at Brown in the 20th Annual Mayor's Cup.
- Freshman Blair Parent netted her first career goal in the game while sophomore Ariana Buxman recorded her first career point on an assist.
- The Friars bounced back in the second game against the Bears, winning 4-2.
- Senior Beth Hanrahan and sophomore Liv Halvorson netted goals before sophomore Cassidy Carels scored the game-winning goal at 15:29 in the third period.
- Hanrahan added her second goal of the game, the Friars' first empty net goal of the season, to cap the game off at 4-2.
- Freshman Madison Sansone recorded her first career point off of an assist on Halvorson's goal.
- Providence tied its most shots in a game on Nov. 28 with 33 shots in the game.
- Following the New Hampshire game, the Friars close out the first half of the season with a Hockey East road game at Boston University on Monday, Dec. 8 at Walter Brown Arena. The puck drop is set for 7:00 p.m.
- As of this week, BU is ranked fifth in both the USCHO.com poll and the USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine polls.
- The game will mark the fourth ranked opponent PC has faced this year
- Senior forward Beth Hanrahan has scored six goals in her last six games.
- Hanrahan scored just two goals in the opening 12 games of the season.
- She has had two games with two goals, at Maine (2-1 OT win) and vs. Brown (4-2 win).
- The senior is tied for tenth in both WHEA Overall Scoring (eight goals) and WHEA Conference Scoring (four goals).
- Junior goalie Allie Morse was named Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week after saving a career-high 42 shots in the Friars' first win of the season (4-1) over Northeastern on Saturday, Nov. 15.
- For the weekend, Morse finished with 62 total saves and a .912 in a home-and-home series against Northeastern.
- Both of junior Brittney Thunstrom's goals on the year have been unassisted.
- Thunstrom's goal against Northeastern (Nov. 15) proved to be the game-winning goal.
- Her two goals this year tie her career-high output. Thunstrom scored a total of two goals during her sophomore season.
- Freshman forward Brooke Boquist netted her first collegiate goal just 57 seconds into the second period against UConn (11/9/14) en route to a 4-4 draw with the Huskies.
- Boquist finished the weekend with six shots on goal, helping PC earn its first point in HEA play.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women's Hockey Tops Quinnipiac
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated Quinnipiac University, 3-1, in Friday night’s non-conference game at Schneider Arena.
Women's Ice Hockey Game...
The Friars play a home-and-home series with the Quinnipiac Bobcats this weekend. Friday night’s game is at Schneider Arena at 7:00 p.m. Saturday’...
Whitney Dove Named Hockey...
Whitney Dove (Port Moody, British Columbia) of the Providence College women’s ice hockey team was named the Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week on...
Women's Hockey Tops Vermont
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the University of Vermont, 6-2, in the Hockey East opener at Schneider Arena on Sunday afternoon.
Seven Different Friars Score...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Union College Dutchwomen, 7-3, on Friday night at Messa Rink.
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
The Friars visit Union on Friday, Sept. 29 at 6:00 p.m. and host Vermont on Sunday, Oct. 1 at 2:00 p.m.
Women’s Hockey Picked ...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was selected to finish fourth in the Hockey East Preseason Poll, as announced by the league on Tuesday (Sept...
Women’s Hockey Tops...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated Laurentian University, 3-2, in Saturday afternoon’s exhibition game at Schneider Arena.