Maggie Pendleton leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Bulldogs.
Dec. 4, 2013
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- The Friars will play host to the Yale Bulldogs on Friday, Dec. 6 in a non-conference tilt.
- The puck is set to drop at 7:00 p.m. at Schneider Arena.
- The Friars will have live streaming as well as live stats available for the game.
- To access the feeds click on the above links.
- Providence will also be providing live updates of the game through its Twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST WEEKEND'S PLAY...
- Last Saturday, the Friars edged the Brown Bears, 3-2, in overtime in the 19th annual Mayor's Cup.
- Beth Hanrahan tallied a goal and an assist in the win to continue a three-game point streak.
- Corinne Buie is currently on a three-game point streak, after adding an assist against Brown.
- Janine Weber and Molly Illikainen both added goals in the win, with Weber notching the game-winner in overtime.
- Illikainen's first shorthanded goal now makes her one of three Friars to have notched at least one shorthanded tally on the season.
- Sarah Bryant made 24 saves in the win.
- Providence outshot Brown, 39-26, en route to capturing the programs seventh Mayor's Cup title.
- It marked the first time the Friars have taken home the prestigious hardware since Nov. 26, 2010.
- It also marked the first time Providence had captured the cup on home ice since Nov. 24, 2007, when the Friars defeated the Brown Bears 5-2 at Schneider Arena.
SCOUTING THE BULLDOGS...
- Yale enters Friday with a 3-8-1 overall mark and a 2-3-1 record in ECAC play.
- Freshman forward Phoebe Staenz leads the Bulldogs in scoring with 12 points on three goals and a team-best nine assists.
- Following Staenz is sophomore Janelle Ferrara, who is second on the team in scoring with 10 points.
- With a team-best four goals, freshman forward Krista Yip-Chuck has collected one of the team's three game-winning goals.
- Jaime Leonoff has logged the majority of minutes in goal for the Bulldogs, with 657:45 minutes.
- Leonoff has collected a 3-8-1 mark this season with a .916 save percentage and a 3.38 goals against average.
- This season, the Bulldogs have captured wins against Rensselaer (Nov. 15), Union (Nov. 16) and Connecticut (Nov. 29).
- Last weekend, Yale went 1-1-0 with a 5-4 win over Connecticut on Friday (Nov. 29) and a 3-2 loss to Quinnipiac on Saturday (Nov. 30).
- In their win over Connecticut, five different Bulldogs found the back of the net, while Leonoff made 17 saves in the last two periods of play to capture the win.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- Providence and Yale will faceoff for the 33rd time, with the Friars leading the all-time series 25-5-2.
- At Schneider, the Friars hold an all-time record of 11-1-1 against the Bulldogs.
- Last season, Providence edged Yale 3-2 in overtime at Ingulls Rink, with a goal from Beth Hanrahan.
- Three different Friars scored that game to snap a three-game losing streak for Providence.
- Maggie Pendleton leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Bulldogs, with four assists in three career games played.
- Corinne Buie leads the Friars in goals scored, with three against Yale.
- Goaltender Nina Riley has earned an undefeated record against Yale with two wins.
- The last time Providence defeated Yale at Schneider Arena was on Nov. 1, 2012, when the Friars toppled the Bulledogs 9-3.
Official StoreOfficial Online
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by No. 6 Northeastern in the first game of the best-of-three Hockey East Quarterfinal series....
Women's Hockey Set To...
Providence will play a best of three series at No. 6 Northeastern for the Hockey East Quarter Finals. Providence will travel to Boston, Mass. for a 2:00 p.m...
Women’s Hockey To...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team earned a spot in the 2016 Hockey East playoffs. Providence will play a best-of-three series at No. 6...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by No. 1 Boston College, 9-1. The Friars moved to 10-22-2 (6-16-2 WHEA) and the Eagles improved...
Women's Hockey Defeated ...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated by No. 1 Boston College, 7-1. The Friars moved to 10-21-2 (6-15-2 WHEA) and the Eagles...
Providence To Close Regular ...
Providence will play a home-and-home series with No. 1 Boston College for the final two regular season game in the series. With a three point weekend, the...
Women's Hockey Ties...
The Providence College women’s hockey team tied Merrimack College, 2-2. Merrimack scored two power play goals to come back from a two-goal deficit. The...
Women’s Hockey Downs...
The Providence College women’s hockey team clinched a spot in the Hockey East playoffs with a 4-1 win over Merrimack. Christina Putigna (Grimsby,...