Dec. 4, 2013
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- The Friars will play host to the Yale Bulldogs on Friday, Dec. 6 in a non-conference tilt.
- The puck is set to drop at 7:00 p.m. at Schneider Arena.
- The Friars will have live streaming as well as live stats available for the game.
- To access the feeds click on the above links.
- Providence will also be providing live updates of the game through its Twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST WEEKEND'S PLAY...
- Last Saturday, the Friars edged the Brown Bears, 3-2, in overtime in the 19th annual Mayor's Cup.
- Beth Hanrahan tallied a goal and an assist in the win to continue a three-game point streak.
- Corinne Buie is currently on a three-game point streak, after adding an assist against Brown.
- Janine Weber and Molly Illikainen both added goals in the win, with Weber notching the game-winner in overtime.
- Illikainen's first shorthanded goal now makes her one of three Friars to have notched at least one shorthanded tally on the season.
- Sarah Bryant made 24 saves in the win.
- Providence outshot Brown, 39-26, en route to capturing the programs seventh Mayor's Cup title.
- It marked the first time the Friars have taken home the prestigious hardware since Nov. 26, 2010.
- It also marked the first time Providence had captured the cup on home ice since Nov. 24, 2007, when the Friars defeated the Brown Bears 5-2 at Schneider Arena.
SCOUTING THE BULLDOGS...
- Yale enters Friday with a 3-8-1 overall mark and a 2-3-1 record in ECAC play.
- Freshman forward Phoebe Staenz leads the Bulldogs in scoring with 12 points on three goals and a team-best nine assists.
- Following Staenz is sophomore Janelle Ferrara, who is second on the team in scoring with 10 points.
- With a team-best four goals, freshman forward Krista Yip-Chuck has collected one of the team's three game-winning goals.
- Jaime Leonoff has logged the majority of minutes in goal for the Bulldogs, with 657:45 minutes.
- Leonoff has collected a 3-8-1 mark this season with a .916 save percentage and a 3.38 goals against average.
- This season, the Bulldogs have captured wins against Rensselaer (Nov. 15), Union (Nov. 16) and Connecticut (Nov. 29).
- Last weekend, Yale went 1-1-0 with a 5-4 win over Connecticut on Friday (Nov. 29) and a 3-2 loss to Quinnipiac on Saturday (Nov. 30).
- In their win over Connecticut, five different Bulldogs found the back of the net, while Leonoff made 17 saves in the last two periods of play to capture the win.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- Providence and Yale will faceoff for the 33rd time, with the Friars leading the all-time series 25-5-2.
- At Schneider, the Friars hold an all-time record of 11-1-1 against the Bulldogs.
- Last season, Providence edged Yale 3-2 in overtime at Ingulls Rink, with a goal from Beth Hanrahan.
- Three different Friars scored that game to snap a three-game losing streak for Providence.
- Maggie Pendleton leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Bulldogs, with four assists in three career games played.
- Corinne Buie leads the Friars in goals scored, with three against Yale.
- Goaltender Nina Riley has earned an undefeated record against Yale with two wins.
- The last time Providence defeated Yale at Schneider Arena was on Nov. 1, 2012, when the Friars toppled the Bulledogs 9-3.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Christina Putigna Selected...
Providence College women’s hockey sophomore forward Christina Putigna (Grimsby, Ontario) has been invited to Hockey Canada’s National Women’...
Women’s Hockey Places ...
It was announced by the Hockey East Association on Thursday (June 30) that 13 Providence College women’s hockey players were named to the 2015-16 All-A...
Christina Putigna Selected...
Providence College women’s hockey forward Christina Putigna has been selected to the Hockey Canada’s National Women’s Program strength and ...
Women's Hockey Holds End...
The Providence College women’s hockey team held its annual year end banquet at Schneider Arena on April 17. The team honored its five graduating...
Christina Putigna Named To...
In an announcement made by the league on Mach 2, Christina Putigna (Grimsby, Ontario) was named to the Hockey East Pro Ambitions All-Rookie Team. Seven other...
Women’s Hockey Finish ...
The Providence College women’s hockey team finished their season with a quarterfinal loss against No. 6 Northeastern, 6-2. Northeastern notched two...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by No. 6 Northeastern in the first game of the best-of-three Hockey East Quarterfinal series....
Women's Hockey Set To...
Providence will play a best of three series at No. 6 Northeastern for the Hockey East Quarter Finals. Providence will travel to Boston, Mass. for a 2:00 p.m...