Maggie Pendleton leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Bulldogs.
Dec. 4, 2013
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- The Friars will play host to the Yale Bulldogs on Friday, Dec. 6 in a non-conference tilt.
- The puck is set to drop at 7:00 p.m. at Schneider Arena.
- The Friars will have live streaming as well as live stats available for the game.
- To access the feeds click on the above links.
- Providence will also be providing live updates of the game through its Twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST WEEKEND'S PLAY...
- Last Saturday, the Friars edged the Brown Bears, 3-2, in overtime in the 19th annual Mayor's Cup.
- Beth Hanrahan tallied a goal and an assist in the win to continue a three-game point streak.
- Corinne Buie is currently on a three-game point streak, after adding an assist against Brown.
- Janine Weber and Molly Illikainen both added goals in the win, with Weber notching the game-winner in overtime.
- Illikainen's first shorthanded goal now makes her one of three Friars to have notched at least one shorthanded tally on the season.
- Sarah Bryant made 24 saves in the win.
- Providence outshot Brown, 39-26, en route to capturing the programs seventh Mayor's Cup title.
- It marked the first time the Friars have taken home the prestigious hardware since Nov. 26, 2010.
- It also marked the first time Providence had captured the cup on home ice since Nov. 24, 2007, when the Friars defeated the Brown Bears 5-2 at Schneider Arena.
SCOUTING THE BULLDOGS...
- Yale enters Friday with a 3-8-1 overall mark and a 2-3-1 record in ECAC play.
- Freshman forward Phoebe Staenz leads the Bulldogs in scoring with 12 points on three goals and a team-best nine assists.
- Following Staenz is sophomore Janelle Ferrara, who is second on the team in scoring with 10 points.
- With a team-best four goals, freshman forward Krista Yip-Chuck has collected one of the team's three game-winning goals.
- Jaime Leonoff has logged the majority of minutes in goal for the Bulldogs, with 657:45 minutes.
- Leonoff has collected a 3-8-1 mark this season with a .916 save percentage and a 3.38 goals against average.
- This season, the Bulldogs have captured wins against Rensselaer (Nov. 15), Union (Nov. 16) and Connecticut (Nov. 29).
- Last weekend, Yale went 1-1-0 with a 5-4 win over Connecticut on Friday (Nov. 29) and a 3-2 loss to Quinnipiac on Saturday (Nov. 30).
- In their win over Connecticut, five different Bulldogs found the back of the net, while Leonoff made 17 saves in the last two periods of play to capture the win.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- Providence and Yale will faceoff for the 33rd time, with the Friars leading the all-time series 25-5-2.
- At Schneider, the Friars hold an all-time record of 11-1-1 against the Bulldogs.
- Last season, Providence edged Yale 3-2 in overtime at Ingulls Rink, with a goal from Beth Hanrahan.
- Three different Friars scored that game to snap a three-game losing streak for Providence.
- Maggie Pendleton leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Bulldogs, with four assists in three career games played.
- Corinne Buie leads the Friars in goals scored, with three against Yale.
- Goaltender Nina Riley has earned an undefeated record against Yale with two wins.
- The last time Providence defeated Yale at Schneider Arena was on Nov. 1, 2012, when the Friars toppled the Bulledogs 9-3.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women's Hockey Travels...
The Friars will travel to compete against Syracuse on Saturday, Oct. 18 and then Colgate for a game on Sunday, Oct. 19. Both games are set for a 2:00 p.m....
Women's Hockey Defeated ...
The Providence College women's ice hockey team registered a 3-0 loss in the second game of the weekend series against the #8/9 Clarkson University Golden...
Women's Hockey Falls 5-0...
The Providence College women's ice hockey team recorded a 5-0 loss to the #8/9 Clarkson University Golden Knights on Saturday, Oct. 11 at Schneider Arena, in...
Women's Hockey Hosts #8/...
The Friars will host #8/9 Clarkson at Schneider Arena on Saturday, Oct. 11 and Sunday, Oct. 12. Saturday's game will start at 7:00 p.m., while Sunday's game ...
Women's Hockey Head Coach...
Providence College women's hockey Head Coach Bob Deraney has been named an assistant coach with Team USA for the 2014 Four Nations Cup.
Women's Hockey Suffers 2-0...
The Providence College women's hockey team was defeated by #9/9 Mercyhurst, 2-0, on Saturday, Oct. 4. Two second period goals sealed the win for the Lakers...
PINK OUT FRIARTOWN
The Providence College Athletic Department is proud to announce seven PINK OUT FRIARTOWN events to raise money and awareness for breast cancer.
Women's Hockey Drops 3-0...
The Providence College women's hockey team was defeated by #9/9 Mercyhurst, 3-0, in its first regular season game on Friday, Oct. 3. Mercyhurst used three...