Maggie Pendleton leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Bulldogs.
Dec. 4, 2013
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- The Friars will play host to the Yale Bulldogs on Friday, Dec. 6 in a non-conference tilt.
- The puck is set to drop at 7:00 p.m. at Schneider Arena.
- The Friars will have live streaming as well as live stats available for the game.
- To access the feeds click on the above links.
- Providence will also be providing live updates of the game through its Twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST WEEKEND'S PLAY...
- Last Saturday, the Friars edged the Brown Bears, 3-2, in overtime in the 19th annual Mayor's Cup.
- Beth Hanrahan tallied a goal and an assist in the win to continue a three-game point streak.
- Corinne Buie is currently on a three-game point streak, after adding an assist against Brown.
- Janine Weber and Molly Illikainen both added goals in the win, with Weber notching the game-winner in overtime.
- Illikainen's first shorthanded goal now makes her one of three Friars to have notched at least one shorthanded tally on the season.
- Sarah Bryant made 24 saves in the win.
- Providence outshot Brown, 39-26, en route to capturing the programs seventh Mayor's Cup title.
- It marked the first time the Friars have taken home the prestigious hardware since Nov. 26, 2010.
- It also marked the first time Providence had captured the cup on home ice since Nov. 24, 2007, when the Friars defeated the Brown Bears 5-2 at Schneider Arena.
SCOUTING THE BULLDOGS...
- Yale enters Friday with a 3-8-1 overall mark and a 2-3-1 record in ECAC play.
- Freshman forward Phoebe Staenz leads the Bulldogs in scoring with 12 points on three goals and a team-best nine assists.
- Following Staenz is sophomore Janelle Ferrara, who is second on the team in scoring with 10 points.
- With a team-best four goals, freshman forward Krista Yip-Chuck has collected one of the team's three game-winning goals.
- Jaime Leonoff has logged the majority of minutes in goal for the Bulldogs, with 657:45 minutes.
- Leonoff has collected a 3-8-1 mark this season with a .916 save percentage and a 3.38 goals against average.
- This season, the Bulldogs have captured wins against Rensselaer (Nov. 15), Union (Nov. 16) and Connecticut (Nov. 29).
- Last weekend, Yale went 1-1-0 with a 5-4 win over Connecticut on Friday (Nov. 29) and a 3-2 loss to Quinnipiac on Saturday (Nov. 30).
- In their win over Connecticut, five different Bulldogs found the back of the net, while Leonoff made 17 saves in the last two periods of play to capture the win.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- Providence and Yale will faceoff for the 33rd time, with the Friars leading the all-time series 25-5-2.
- At Schneider, the Friars hold an all-time record of 11-1-1 against the Bulldogs.
- Last season, Providence edged Yale 3-2 in overtime at Ingulls Rink, with a goal from Beth Hanrahan.
- Three different Friars scored that game to snap a three-game losing streak for Providence.
- Maggie Pendleton leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Bulldogs, with four assists in three career games played.
- Corinne Buie leads the Friars in goals scored, with three against Yale.
- Goaltender Nina Riley has earned an undefeated record against Yale with two wins.
- The last time Providence defeated Yale at Schneider Arena was on Nov. 1, 2012, when the Friars toppled the Bulledogs 9-3.
Official StoreOfficial Online
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated by the Maine Black Bears, 3-1. Maine notched three second period goals and two power play...
Women's Hockey To Host...
Providence will host the University of Maine for two games to finish the Hockey East series. The Friars will play at 1:00 p.m. on Jan. 30 and at 2:00 p.m. on...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by Boston University, 4-2. Four second period goals lifted the Terriers over the Friars....
Women’s Hockey Downed ...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by Boston University, 5-1. Three first period goals lifted the Terriers over the Friars....
Women's Hockey To Face...
Providence will face Boston University in a home-and-home series. The Friars will travel to Boston University to play the Terriers at 3:00 p.m. on Jan. 23...
Former Friar Janine Weber To...
Janine Weber (Innsbruck, Austria) was selected to be a part of the 14-woman roster on Dec. 10 by Team Knight Captain, Hilary Knight.
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by the UConn Huskies, 5-2. Theresa Knutson recorded a hat trick to lift the Huskies over the...
Women’s Hockey Skates ...
The Providence College women’s hockey team tied UConn, 1-1, in Hockey East play. The Friars came back from a 1-0 deficit to tie the game early in the...