PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- Providence will play No. 6 Boston College on Saturday, Dec. 3 at 2:00 p.m. at Schneider Arena.
- The match-up will be the third ranked opponent Providence has faced in the 2016-17 season.
- The Friars last saw No. 10 Northeastern, falling, 5-3, on Nov. 30.
Scouting the Friars
- The Friars are led by senior captain Cassidy Carels, who has tallied 20 points in 16 games.
- Christina Putigna and Brooke Boquist follow with 17 points each. Putigna has seven goals and 10 assists, while Boquist has 10 goals and seven assists.
- Madison Myers leads in net with 11 games played and .912 save percentage.
- Nine Friars have reached the double-digits points mark heading into the close of the first half of the season.
Last Time Out
- Providence faced No. 10 Northeastern for the second time in the 2016-17 season and were defeated 5-3.
- Cassidy Carels scored two goals in the game, giving her 12 goals in her 16 games played.
- Freshman defender Avery Fransoo collected two assists in the mid-week game.
Keeping the Mayor’s Cup
- The Friars played Brown in the 22nd annual Mayor’s Cup, winning, 7-3.
- The win marks the first time either team has been able to claim back-to-back victories since Providence did in 2007 & 2008.
- Blair Parent registered her first career hat-trick, the first Friar hat trick since 2013 when Cassidy Carels scored three goals against Maine (Nov. 23, 2013) in her rookie season.
- Cassidy MacPherson tallied four assists in the game, three coming on each of Parent’s goals.
- Danielle Hardy also collected three assists in the game, all three combined with MacPherson.
- Parent, MacPherson, and Hardy all registered career highs in the game.
- Parent tied the all-time Mayor’s Cup single game goals record (3).
- MacPherson tied the all-time single game points record (4) also held by Brooke Boquist and Cassidy Carels. MacPherson’s four assists also takes the all-time single game assists record.
- The Friars are currently seventh in the nation in goals per game (3.39).
- The Huskies are ranked fifth at 3.50 goals per game.
D is for Dangle
- The Friars are 4-0 when Whitney Dove scores.
- Dove leads Hockey East in defensive scoring with 13 points, on four goals and nine assists.
- Kate Friesen follows with 12 points on four goals and eight assists.
- Dove is fifth overall in Hockey East freshmen scoring.
- Cassidy Carels leads the Friars with 20 points on 12 goals and eight assists.
- In her last six games played, Carels has registered six goals and two assists. She has also collected three multi-point games over that span.
- The co-captain is averaging 1.25 points-per-game.
- She has registered one game-winning-goal and six power play points (3 assists, 3 goals).
Scouting the Eagles
- The No. 6 Eagles travel to Providence with a 10-3-3 over record and a 9-2-1 mark in Hockey East play.
- Boston College boasts a 92.3% success rate on the penalty kill and hold a 25.6% conversion rate on the power play.
- The Eagles are 5-3-2 on the road and 4-2-1 in road Hockey East games.
Who to Watch
- Freshman Caitrin Lonregan leads the Eagles in scoring (9-12-21) and has tallied four power play goals.
- Makenna Newkirk follows with 16 points on five goals and 11 assists.
- Katie Burt has played 14 games and holds an 8-3-3 record, with a .915 save percentage and 1.95 goals against average.
All-Time Series with the Eagles
- The Friars lead the Eagles 50-30-3 all-time.
- The game on Dec. 2 will serve as the first meeting for the two teams in the 2016-17 season.
- Cassidy Carels is the Friar leader against Boston College, with six points on four goals and two assists. Carels has also recorded three power play goals against the Eagles.
- Brooke Boquist has two career assists against Boston College.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women’s Hockey Comes...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Merrimack Warriors, 4-3, in overtime on Feb. 12. The Friars entered the third period down 3...
Women’s Hockey Ties...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team tied the University of Vermont Catamounts on Feb. 10, 2017. Providence moves to 14-14-3 and 9-9-3 in...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will play at 2:00 p.m. on Feb. 10 at Vermont and on Feb. 12 at Merrimack at 2:00 p.m. Both games will close out the Hockey East series with the...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated by the University of Connecticut, 2-1, on Sunday, Feb. 5 at Schneider Arena in Providence, ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was edged by Northeastern, 4-3, in overtime on Feb. 3. The Friars move to 14-13-2 overall and 9-8-2 in...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will face two different Husky opponents. The Friars will travel to Boston, Mass. for a 2:00 p.m. puck drop on Feb. 3 at Northeastern's Matthew's...
Bob Deraney Claims 300th...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Maine Black Bears on Jan. 22 to complete the weekend sweep in Orono. The Friars improve to ...
Women’s Hockey Rallies...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Maine Black Bears, despite being down 3-2 after the first period. Providence improves to 13...