PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- Providence will play No. 10 Northeastern on Wednesday, Nov. 30 at 7:00 p.m. at Schneider Arena.
- The match-up will be the first time the Friars have faced a ranked opponent since their season opener against then-No.10 Boston University.
Scouting the Friars
- The Friars are led by senior captain Cassidy Carels, who has tallied 18 points in 15 games.
- Christina Putigna and Brooke Boquist follow with 17 points each. Putigna has seven goals and 10 assists, while Boquist has 10 goals and seven assists.
- Madison Myers leads in net with 10 games played and .915 save percentage.
Keeping the Mayor’s Cup
- The Friars played Brown in the 22nd annual Mayor’s Cup, winning, 7-3.
- The win marks the first time either team has been able to claim back-to-back victories since Providence did in 2007 & 2008.
- Blair Parent registered her first career hat-tick, the first Friar hat trick since 2013 when Cassidy Carels scored three goals against Maine (Nov. 23, 2013) in her rookie season.
- Cassidy MacPherson tallied four assists in the game, three coming on each of Parent’s goals.
- Danielle Hardy also collected three assists in the game, all three combined with MacPherson.
- Parent, MacPherson, and Hardy all registered career highs in the game.
- Parent tied the all-time Mayor’s Cup single game goals record (3).
- MacPherson tied the all-time single game points record (4) also held by Brooke Boquist and Cassidy Carels. MacPherson’s four assists also takes the all-time single game assists record.
- The Friars are currently seventh in the nation in goals per game (3.41).
- The Huskies are ranked 11 at 3.06 goals per game.
D is for Dangle
- Whitney Dove is tied for first in Hockey East in game-winning goals. The Friars are 3-0 when Dove scores.
- Dove leads Hockey East in defensive scoring with 13 points, on four goals and nine assists.
- Kate Friesen follows with 12 points on four goals and eight assists.
- Dove is fifth overall in Hockey East freshmen scoring.
- Cassidy Carels leads the Friars with 18 points on 10 goals and eight assists.
- In her last five games played, Carels has registered four goals and two assist. She has also collected two multi-point games over that span.
- The co-captain is averaging 1.20 points-per-game.
- She has registered one game-winning-goal and six power play points (3 assists, 3 goals).
Scouting the Huskies
- The No. 10 Huskies travel to Providence with a 10-4-3 overall record and a 6-2-2 mark in Hockey East play.
- Northeastern boasts a 90.9% success rate on the penalty kill and hold a 12% conversion rate on the power play.
- The Huskies are 5-0-1 on the road and 2-0-1 in road Hockey East games.
Who to Watch
- Deenisa Krizova leads the Huskies with 21 points from nine goals and 12 assists.
- McKenna Brand leads the Huskies in goals scored (14).
- Brittany Bugalski has played 16 games and 970:12 minutes between the pipes for the Huskies. She holds a .930 save percentage and 1.98 goals against average.
All-Time Series with the Huskies
- The Friars lead the Huskies 61-55-11 all-time.
- The last time out, Providence fell to the Huskies, 2-1 (Nov. 6).
- All three goals were scored in the first period and were short handed tallies.
- Christina Putigna scored the goal and Whitney Dove assisted.
- Cassidy Carels is the current Friar leader against the Huskies (2-3-5).
Official StoreOfficial Online
Whitney Dove Wins Hockey...
The Providence College women’s hockey team claimed two major Hockey East end-of-year awards and placed three on the Honorable Mention All Star Team....
Carels won the Sportsmanship Award and Dove was named to the Pro Ambitions All-Rookie Team.
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by the Vermont Catamounts, 5-2. Providence finishes the season with a 17-17-3 overall record...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated, 5-1, by the Vermont Catamounts in the second game of the Hockey East Quarterfinals. The...
Women's Hockey Rallies To...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Vermont Catamounts, 5-4, on Feb. 24 at Schneider Arena. Kate Friesen (Altona, Manitoba) and...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
The Friars will host the Hockey East Quarterfinals as the No. 4 seed in the league, hosting No. 5 Vermont. The series will be best-of-three games, and the...
Kathleen McHugh Earns Hockey...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team’s freshman forward, Kathleen McHugh (Billerica, Mass.) was named Hockey East Pro Ambitions Rookie ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by No. 6 Boston College, 3-1, on Feb. 19, 2017. The Friars move to 16-15-3 (11-10-3 HE) and the...