Nov. 29, 2013
- Providence will play host to crosstown rival Brown in the 19th annual Mayor's Cup.
- The Friars and Brown Bears will face-off at 3:00 p.m. at Schneider Arena on Saturday, Nov. 30.
- Providence will be providing live streaming as well as live stats of the game available through Friars.com.
- Play-by-play will be provided by Chris Fama on Friars.com.
- Providence will be providing live updates of the game through its Twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST WEEKENDS PLAY...
- Last time out, the Friars snapped a seven game losing streak with a weekend sweep over Hockey East foe Maine.
- Providence toppled the Black Bears 8-1 on Nov. 23 and followed it with a 4-2 win on Nov. 24.
- Cassidy Carels notched her first collegiate hat trick in the Friars' 8-1 win
- It marked the first time a rookie notched a hat trick since Nicole Anderson '13 did so on Oct. 16, 2009.
- Twelve Friars notched a point during Saturday's game, while five tallied a goal as well as six players with multi-point games.
- On Sunday, Providence was led by Corinne Buie, who tallied four points in the 4-2 win.
- Buie matched a career-high with two goals and two assists.
- Sarah Bryant helped the Friars in both wins, collecting 45 saves with a .933 save percentage over the weekend.
- With the weekend sweep, Providence captured its first series win this season.
SCOUTING THE BROWN BEARS...
- Brown enters the weekend with a 1-7-2 overall record and a 0-5-1 record in ECAC play.
- The Brown Bears are led by Freshman Erin Conway, who has collected seven points on two goals and a team-high five assists.
- Aubree Moore has appeared in net for all 10 of Brown's games this season.
- In 616:30 minutes of play, Moore has collected 342 saves for a .924 save percentage and a 2.73 goals against average.
- Brown is currently on an eight game winless streak, going 0-6-2 since Nov. 1.
- Brown's most recent loss was versus Vermont on Nov. 26, when the Catamounts edged Brown in overtime, 4-3.
- The Brown Bears lone win this season came in overtime at RIT on Oct. 26, freshman Maddie Woo notched the game-winner for Brown that game.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- The Friars and Brown Bears have face a total of 60 times in the history of the two teams.
- Providence leads the all-time series 34-23-3.
- At Schneider, the Friars lead the all-time series 14-12-1.
- Corinne Buie, Beth Hanrahan and Allison Micheletti have all tallied one point against the Brown Bears during their careers.
- In the last ten games, PC holds the edge 5-4-1.
- The last time Providence notched a win over Brown at Schneider was on Nov. 30, 2005, when the Friars defeated the Brown Bears 5-3.
MAYOR'S CUP SHOWDOWN...
- Providence and Brown will face in the 19th annual Mayor's Cup.
- The inter-city rival commenced on 1996, when Brown defeated Providence, 4-3, on Jan. 24.
- Last year, the Brown Bears and Friars skated to a 2-2 tie in the 18th Mayor's Cup game.
- It marked just the third tie in the history of Mayor Cup games.
- Providence trails in the all-time Mayor's Cup series 6-9-3.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Whitney Dove Wins Hockey...
The Providence College women’s hockey team claimed two major Hockey East end-of-year awards and placed three on the Honorable Mention All Star Team....
Carels won the Sportsmanship Award and Dove was named to the Pro Ambitions All-Rookie Team.
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by the Vermont Catamounts, 5-2. Providence finishes the season with a 17-17-3 overall record...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated, 5-1, by the Vermont Catamounts in the second game of the Hockey East Quarterfinals. The...
Women's Hockey Rallies To...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Vermont Catamounts, 5-4, on Feb. 24 at Schneider Arena. Kate Friesen (Altona, Manitoba) and...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
The Friars will host the Hockey East Quarterfinals as the No. 4 seed in the league, hosting No. 5 Vermont. The series will be best-of-three games, and the...
Kathleen McHugh Earns Hockey...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team’s freshman forward, Kathleen McHugh (Billerica, Mass.) was named Hockey East Pro Ambitions Rookie ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by No. 6 Boston College, 3-1, on Feb. 19, 2017. The Friars move to 16-15-3 (11-10-3 HE) and the...