Women's Hockey Set For 19th Annual Mayor's Cup
The Friars will play host to Brown in a 3:00 p.m. puck drop.
Brittney Thunstrom notched her first collegiate goal on Nov. 23.
Nov. 29, 2013
Game Notes vs. Brown
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- Providence will play host to crosstown rival Brown in the 19th annual Mayor's Cup.
- The Friars and Brown Bears will face-off at 3:00 p.m. at Schneider Arena on Saturday, Nov. 30.
- Providence will be providing live streaming as well as live stats of the game available through Friars.com.
- Play-by-play will be provided by Chris Fama on Friars.com.
- Providence will be providing live updates of the game through its Twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST WEEKENDS PLAY...
- Last time out, the Friars snapped a seven game losing streak with a weekend sweep over Hockey East foe Maine.
- Providence toppled the Black Bears 8-1 on Nov. 23 and followed it with a 4-2 win on Nov. 24.
- Cassidy Carels notched her first collegiate hat trick in the Friars' 8-1 win
- It marked the first time a rookie notched a hat trick since Nicole Anderson '13 did so on Oct. 16, 2009.
- Twelve Friars notched a point during Saturday's game, while five tallied a goal as well as six players with multi-point games.
- On Sunday, Providence was led by Corinne Buie, who tallied four points in the 4-2 win.
- Buie matched a career-high with two goals and two assists.
- Sarah Bryant helped the Friars in both wins, collecting 45 saves with a .933 save percentage over the weekend.
- With the weekend sweep, Providence captured its first series win this season.
SCOUTING THE BROWN BEARS...
- Brown enters the weekend with a 1-7-2 overall record and a 0-5-1 record in ECAC play.
- The Brown Bears are led by Freshman Erin Conway, who has collected seven points on two goals and a team-high five assists.
- Aubree Moore has appeared in net for all 10 of Brown's games this season.
- In 616:30 minutes of play, Moore has collected 342 saves for a .924 save percentage and a 2.73 goals against average.
- Brown is currently on an eight game winless streak, going 0-6-2 since Nov. 1.
- Brown's most recent loss was versus Vermont on Nov. 26, when the Catamounts edged Brown in overtime, 4-3.
- The Brown Bears lone win this season came in overtime at RIT on Oct. 26, freshman Maddie Woo notched the game-winner for Brown that game.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- The Friars and Brown Bears have face a total of 60 times in the history of the two teams.
- Providence leads the all-time series 34-23-3.
- At Schneider, the Friars lead the all-time series 14-12-1.
- Corinne Buie, Beth Hanrahan and Allison Micheletti have all tallied one point against the Brown Bears during their careers.
- In the last ten games, PC holds the edge 5-4-1.
- The last time Providence notched a win over Brown at Schneider was on Nov. 30, 2005, when the Friars defeated the Brown Bears 5-3.
MAYOR'S CUP SHOWDOWN...
- Providence and Brown will face in the 19th annual Mayor's Cup.
- The inter-city rival commenced on 1996, when Brown defeated Providence, 4-3, on Jan. 24.
- Last year, the Brown Bears and Friars skated to a 2-2 tie in the 18th Mayor's Cup game.
- It marked just the third tie in the history of Mayor Cup games.
- Providence trails in the all-time Mayor's Cup series 6-9-3.
The Last Meeting
November 23, 2012
Meehan Auditorium, Providence, R.I.