PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- The Friars will face the Bears in the 22nd Annual Mayor’s Cup on Nov. 26 at 3:00 p.m. at Meehan Auditorium.
Scouting the Friars
- Providence is led by sophomore Christina Putigna with seven goals and 10 assists for 17 points.
- Brooke Boquist and Cassidy Carels follow, each with 16 points. Boquist leads the team in goals (10) and Carels has nine goals and seven assists.
- Madison Myers holds a .920 save percentage in nine games played for the Friars.
- The Friars are ranked 10th nationally in scoring, averaging 3.20 points per game.
Splitting with New Hampshire
- The Friars defeated the Wildcats at Schneider Arena on Nov. 19, 6-3.
- Providence scored four third period goals to come back from a 3-1 New Hampshire lead.
- Brooke Boquist scored the game-tying and game-winning goal, and added an assist. Her three points all came in the third period.
- Two other Friars tallied multi-point games. Christina Putigna collected two assists and one goal and Cassidy Carels added two goals.
- Danielle Hardy started Providence’s scoring with an unassisted shorthanded tally and her first goal of the season.
- Madison Myers made 24 saves in the game.
- On Nov. 20, the Friars were defeated by the Wildcats, 2-1.
- Putigna scored 26 seconds into the game for the Friars’ lone goal.
Putigna and Boquist
- Christina Putigna and Brooke Boquist have combined on six goals for the Friars in the 2016 season.
- In the past two games, three of the Friars’ goals came from a Boquist-Putigna combination.
- Boquist is riding a four game point streak, collecting four goals and one assists for five points.
D is for Dangle
- Kate Friesen and Whitney Dove lead Hockey East defensemen with 12 points each.
- Dove leads all freshman defenders in the nation in points per game (0.75).
- When Dove scores, the Friars 2-0.
- Friesen and Dove are tied for sixth nationally in defensive scoring.
- Of all rookies, Dove is tied for tenth in points per game.
Scouting the Bears
- The Bears will host the 22nd Mayor’s Cup with a 3-8-0 overall record and 3-6-0 home record.
- Brown’s three wins came against Sacred Heart (Oct. 21 & 22) and Union (Nov. 4).
- The Bears hold an 11.6% conversion rate on the power play and 66% success rate on the penalty kill.
- Brown averages 1.73 goals per game.
Who to Watch
- Freshman Alley Rempe leads with eight points in 11 games from three goals and five assists.
- Junior Sam Donovan leads the team in goals scored, with five.
- Monica Elvin has played 470:08 minutes, making 268 saves for a .899 save percentage and 3.83 goals against average.
All-Time Series with the Bears
- The Friars lead the all-time series 37-24-3.
- At Meehan Auditorium, Providence leads 18-12-2.
- The Friars won the 21st Mayor’s Cup in 2015, 6-1, the greatest margin in Mayor’s Cup history.
- Carels and Boqusit are the current leaders of single game Mayor’s Cup points, with four.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Kathleen McHugh Earns Hockey...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team’s freshman forward, Kathleen McHugh (Billerica, Mass.) was named Hockey East Pro Ambitions Rookie ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by No. 6 Boston College, 3-1, on Feb. 19, 2017. The Friars move to 16-15-3 (11-10-3 HE) and the...
Women's Ice Hockey Upends No...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated No. 6 Boston College, 4-1, on Saturday, Feb. 18 at Schneider Arena in Providence, R.I. The...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will play a home-and-home with the No. 6 Boston College Eagles. The Friars will host the Eagles on Feb. 18 at 2:00 p.m. and travel to Kelly Rink...
Women’s Hockey Comes...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Merrimack Warriors, 4-3, in overtime on Feb. 12. The Friars entered the third period down 3...
Women’s Hockey Ties...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team tied the University of Vermont Catamounts on Feb. 10, 2017. Providence moves to 14-14-3 and 9-9-3 in...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will play at 2:00 p.m. on Feb. 10 at Vermont and on Feb. 12 at Merrimack at 2:00 p.m. Both games will close out the Hockey East series with the...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated by the University of Connecticut, 2-1, on Sunday, Feb. 5 at Schneider Arena in Providence, ...