PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- Providence and Brown will play in the 20th Annual Mayor's Cup on Friday, Nov. 28 at Brown with the puck drop set for 2:00 p.m.
- The teams will also compete the following day (Saturday, Nov. 29) at Schneider Arena for a 1:00 p.m. game.
- The Mayor's Cup commenced in 1996 when Brown defeated Providence, 4-3, on Jan. 24.
- Brown holds the edge in the Mayor Cup series with a record of 9-7-3.
- Providence holds a 35-23-3 all-time record against Brown.
- The Friars won the 19th Annual Mayor's Cup, edging the Bears 3-2 in overtime on Nov. 30 in the 61st meeting between the two schools.
- Brown enters the Mayor's Cup with a 3-6-0 overall record and a 1-3-0 mark in the ECAC.
- The Bears' three wins have come against St. Lawrence (7-4) and Maine (5-2 and 5-3).
- Kaitlyn Keon leads the Bears in points with 10, on a team-high six goals and four assists.
- Sarah Robson and Janice Yang are tied for the team lead in assists, with six each.
- Monica Elvin has seen the majority of time in net for the Bears, with nine games played.
- She has complied a 3.02 goals-against average and a .909 save percentage.
- The Friars split a two game series with Maine on Saturday, Nov. 22 and Sunday, Nov. 23.
- In the first game the Friars fell 3-2.
- Seniors Beth Hanrahan and Haley Frade scored for PC. Sophomore Liv Halvorson had a strong game with assists on both the goals.
- On Sunday the Friars earned a thrilling 2-1 overtime win.
- Hanrahan scored the game-winning goal with 17 seconds remaining in the extra period.
- Hanrahan had both goals in the game for the Friars.
- The game-winning goal was scored shorthanded. Senior Allison Micheletti started the play by beating a Maine defender to win the puck in PC's offensive zone. She then wrapped around the net and fired a shot off that hit the Black Bears goalie in the leg pad. The deflection went to Hanrahan whose slap shot found the back of the net for the overtime victory.
- Junior netminder Allie Morse turned away 32 shots in the win.
- Providence had its most shots in a game this season on Sunday, firing off 33 shots in the game.
- Following the Brown series, the Friars host New Hampshire in a Hockey East contest on Friday, Dec. 5 at Schneider Arena.
- The game is set to start at 7:00 p.m.
- Senior Beth Hanrahan earned Hockey East Top Performer after finishing the Maine weekend (Nov. 22-23) with four points in two games (3g, 1a).
- The forward scored the game-winning goal in overtime at Maine on Nov. 23 in a 2-1 game.
- Junior netminder Allie Morse saved 67 saves in two games at Maine on Nov. 22-23.
- Morse saved 32 shots in a 2-1 overtime win in the second game of the series.
- She posted a 1.93 goals-against average and a .944 save percentage on the weekend.
- Junior goalie Allie Morse was named Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week after saving a career-high 42 shots in the Friars' first win of the season (4-1) over Northeastern on Saturday, Nov. 15.
- For the weekend, Morse finished with 62 total saves and a .912 in a home-and-home series against Northeastern.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women's Hockey Tops Quinnipiac
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated Quinnipiac University, 3-1, in Friday night’s non-conference game at Schneider Arena.
Women's Ice Hockey Game...
The Friars play a home-and-home series with the Quinnipiac Bobcats this weekend. Friday night’s game is at Schneider Arena at 7:00 p.m. Saturday’...
Whitney Dove Named Hockey...
Whitney Dove (Port Moody, British Columbia) of the Providence College women’s ice hockey team was named the Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week on...
Women's Hockey Tops Vermont
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the University of Vermont, 6-2, in the Hockey East opener at Schneider Arena on Sunday afternoon.
Seven Different Friars Score...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Union College Dutchwomen, 7-3, on Friday night at Messa Rink.
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
The Friars visit Union on Friday, Sept. 29 at 6:00 p.m. and host Vermont on Sunday, Oct. 1 at 2:00 p.m.
Women’s Hockey Picked ...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was selected to finish fourth in the Hockey East Preseason Poll, as announced by the league on Tuesday (Sept...
Women’s Hockey Tops...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated Laurentian University, 3-2, in Saturday afternoon’s exhibition game at Schneider Arena.