PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
• Providence will travel to Druham, N.H. for two Hockey East games against the Wildcats.
• The Friars play at 2:00 p.m. on Nov. 21 and at 2:00 p.m. on Nov. 22 at at Whittemore Center.
• The game will feature live stats and a video that can be accessed using the links above.
• Providence also offers live updates via twitter @PCWHockey.
LAST TIME OUT...
• Providence split with Vermont to finish the Hockey East series.
• On Nov. 13, the Friars downed the Catamounts, 4-1. The game marked the largest lead the Friars have held this season.
• On Nov. 14, the Catamounts edged out the Friars with a last second goal, 4-3.
• The Friars scored seven goals over the weekend, the most they have scored in a weekend this season.
• Ten different Friars registered at least one point in the series, and four Friars tallied multiple points.
• Madison Sansone recorded four goals over the weekend, two in each match-up.
• Sansone also collected a power-play goal and shorthanded goal.
• Brooke Boquist notched two goals and an assist.
SCOUTING THE WILDCATS...
• The Wildcats are 2-11-0 (2-7-0 WHEA) on the 2015-16 season.
• New Hampshire is led by Jonna Curtis, with six goals and eight assists, totalling 14 points.
• Thirteen Wildcats have registered more than one point on the season.
• New Hampshire has claimed two victories this season, both over Hockey East opponents. The Wildcats defeated Vermont, 4-0, and UConn, 2-1.
• The Wildcats played in a home-and-home series with Boston College last weekend. New Hampshire lost both games, 6-1 and 3-0.
• The Wildcats have four rostered goaltenders, each seeing time this season.
• Senior Vilma Vaattovaara has spent the most time in net, seeing 389:56 minutes. Vaattovaara has made 173 saves, with a .865 save percentage and 4.15 goals against average.
• Freshman netminder Kyra Smith has spent the second most time in ent and leads in save percentage, with a .875.
• Both Smith and Vaattovaara have registered a win on the season.
• The Wildcats have converted on the power play five times, for a 11.9% conversion rate.
• New Hampshire’s penalty kill has been successful 73% of the time and the team averages 3.3 penalties per game.
• The Wildcats have yet to a win a game at home, with an 0-5-0 overall record at Whittemore Center and 0-3-0 WHEA record at home.
• Typically, New Hampshire holds an advantage at home because Whittemore Center is the only Hockey East rink with an Olympic sized sheet.
ALL TIME SERIES HISTORY...
• Providence trails the all time series 54-80-13.
• The Providence and New Hampshire rivalry is one of the most intense and storied rivalries in the NCAA and dates back to the programs’ beginnings in 1976.
THE LAST TIME AGAINST THE WILDCATS...
• The Friars scored five goals to defeat the Wildcats on Nov. 7.
• The 5-4 win was the Friars’ first win of the season.
• Madison Sansone scored two goals, the game-tying and the game-winning goal in the last 40 seconds of regulation.
• The Friars came back from a 4-2 third period deficit to claim victory over New Hampshire.
• Brooke Boquist also scored two goals in the match-up.
• Freshman Christina Putigna scored a power-play goal, her first of the season.
SANSONE ON FIRE...
• Madison Sansone has scored six goals in the last three games.
• On Nov. 14 Sansone scored two goals, one being a power-play goal.
• In the 4-1 win over Vermont, Sansone scored a short-handed goal and an even-handed goal.
• Against New Hampshire, the sophomore forward struck twice in 40 seconds.
• Sansone leads the Friars in goals (7), power play goals (2), and short-handed goals (1).
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women’s Hockey Comes...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Merrimack Warriors, 4-3, in overtime on Feb. 12. The Friars entered the third period down 3...
Women’s Hockey Ties...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team tied the University of Vermont Catamounts on Feb. 10, 2017. Providence moves to 14-14-3 and 9-9-3 in...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will play at 2:00 p.m. on Feb. 10 at Vermont and on Feb. 12 at Merrimack at 2:00 p.m. Both games will close out the Hockey East series with the...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated by the University of Connecticut, 2-1, on Sunday, Feb. 5 at Schneider Arena in Providence, ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was edged by Northeastern, 4-3, in overtime on Feb. 3. The Friars move to 14-13-2 overall and 9-8-2 in...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will face two different Husky opponents. The Friars will travel to Boston, Mass. for a 2:00 p.m. puck drop on Feb. 3 at Northeastern's Matthew's...
Bob Deraney Claims 300th...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Maine Black Bears on Jan. 22 to complete the weekend sweep in Orono. The Friars improve to ...
Women’s Hockey Rallies...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Maine Black Bears, despite being down 3-2 after the first period. Providence improves to 13...