Nov. 20, 2013
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- The Friars will return to Hockey East play for a weekend series with Maine.
- Providence and Maine will face-off on Saturday, Nov. 23 and Sunday, Nov. 24.
- Both games will take place at 2:00 p.m. at the newly renovated Schneider Arena.
- Providence will be providing LIVE STREAMING and LIVE STATS of both games, with play-by-play by John Carchedi and color from Moira Sweeney.
- To access the feeds follow the above links.
- Providence will be providing live updates of the game through its Twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST WEEKEND'S PLAY...
- Providence was swept by seventh-ranked Clarkson by margins of 5-1 (Nov. 15) and 4-0 (Nov. 16).
- On Nov. 15, the Friars lone goal came from Stephanie Demars, who notched her first point of the season on her first collegiate goal.
- DeMars was assisted on the play by Janine Weber.
- Sarah Bryant was between the pipes for both games against the Knights, making 22 saves in the first meeting between the two teams and 28 in the second.
- Providence was outshot 59-33 on the weekend and was 0-for-7 on the power play, while Clarkson went 1-for-10 on the man advantage.
- After the weekend series, Providence moved to 3-5-1 in the all-time series with Clarkson.
SCOUTING THE BLACK BEARS...
- Maine enters the weekend with a 0-9-3 record and a 0-5-3 record in Hockey East for a seventh place standing.
- The Black Bears have seen scoring come from across the line-up with three players tied for the team lead with four points apiece.
- Kelly McDonald (2-2-4), Jennifer More (2-2-4) and Kayla Kaluzny (0-4-4) each have notched four points on the season.
- Kaluzny leads the team with four assists.
- Meghann Treacy has logged the majority of minutes in the net for the Black Bears, collecting a 0-8-3 record.
- Treacy has a .902 save percentage and a 3.68 goals against average in 636:38 minutes of play.
- This season, the Black Bears have been outscored 46-16 by their opponents.
- Maine's three league points have come from ties against Connecticut (4-4), Northeastern (1-1) and New Hampshire (2-2).
- The Black Bears were most recently swept by Vermont by scores of 4-1 (Nov. 16) and 5-1 (Nov. 17).
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- The Friars and Black Bears have face a total of 48 times in the history of the two teams.
- Providence leads the all-time series 36-3-9.
- At Schneider, the Friars are unbeaten by the Black Bears with a 21-0-3 record.
- Last season, Providence swept Maine in the three-game Hockey East series with scores of 4-3, 5-1 and 9-2.
- In the 9-2 win at Schneider, eight different Friars found the back of the net and 16 different players found their name on the score sheet.
- Corinne Buie leads the Friars in scoring against the Black Bears with 13 points on seven goals and six assists.
- Sarah Bryant appeared in all three games against Maine last season, collecting a 2.00 goals against average and a .895 save percentage.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women’s Hockey Comes...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Merrimack Warriors, 4-3, in overtime on Feb. 12. The Friars entered the third period down 3...
Women’s Hockey Ties...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team tied the University of Vermont Catamounts on Feb. 10, 2017. Providence moves to 14-14-3 and 9-9-3 in...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will play at 2:00 p.m. on Feb. 10 at Vermont and on Feb. 12 at Merrimack at 2:00 p.m. Both games will close out the Hockey East series with the...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated by the University of Connecticut, 2-1, on Sunday, Feb. 5 at Schneider Arena in Providence, ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was edged by Northeastern, 4-3, in overtime on Feb. 3. The Friars move to 14-13-2 overall and 9-8-2 in...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will face two different Husky opponents. The Friars will travel to Boston, Mass. for a 2:00 p.m. puck drop on Feb. 3 at Northeastern's Matthew's...
Bob Deraney Claims 300th...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Maine Black Bears on Jan. 22 to complete the weekend sweep in Orono. The Friars improve to ...
Women’s Hockey Rallies...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Maine Black Bears, despite being down 3-2 after the first period. Providence improves to 13...