PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- Providence will play a home-and-home series with New Hampshire.
- The Friars will host the Wildcats on Saturday, Nov. 19, at 2:00 p.m.
- The Wildcats will host the Friars at Whittemore Center on Nov. 20 at 2:00 p.m.
Scouting the Friars
- The Friars are led by senior captain Cassidy Carels, who has tallied 14 points in 12 games.
- Christina Putigna follows with 13 points from five goals and eight assists.
- Madison Myers leads in net with a .917 save percentage and a 2.14 goals against average.
A Three Point Weekend
- Last time out the Friars hosted the Vermont Catamounts for two Hockey East games.
- On Nov. 12, Providence defeated Vermont, 5-2, with a three point effort from Whitney Dove.
- The Friars had four different goal scorers, including two goals from freshman defender Dove.
- Kate Friesen collected two points with one goal and one assist in the Friar victory.
- Three freshmen contributed at least one point in the win.
- On Nov. 13, Providence tied the Catamounts, 1-1.
- Madison Myers made 30 saves to help the Friars to earn a point in the Hockey East match.
- Brooke Boquist scored the Friars’ lone goal and her second of the weekend.
PUTIGNA ON A ROLL
- Sophomore Christina Putigna has tallied thirteen points in a ten game point streak.
- Putigna has registered at least one point since Oct. 7.
- The sophomore forward has tallied two multi-point games in her twelve game point streak.
- The forward has collected one goal on the power play and one shorthanded goal.
D is for dangle
- Kate Friesen and Whitney Dove lead Hockey East defensemen with 11 points each.
- Dove scored her second game-winning goal on Nov. 12 against the Catamounts.
- Dove leads all freshman defenders in the nation in points per game (0.79).
- When Dove scores, the Friars 2-0.
- Cassidy Carels leads the Friars with 14 points on seven goals and seven assists.
- Carels is currently riding a four game point streak and started the season with a seven game point streak, including two multi-point games.
- When Carels registers an assist, the Friars are 4-1-1.
- The co-captain is averaging 1.17 points-per-game.
- She has registered one game-winning-goal and six power play points (3 assists, 3 goals).
SCOUTING THE WILDCATS
- The Wildcats open the home-and-home weekend with a 3-10-0 overall record and 3-5-0 mark in Hockey East.
- Last time out for New Hampshire was a home-and-home series with No. 6 Boston College, losing both games, 5-1 and 7-1.
- New Hampshire holds a 9.1% conversion rate on the power play and 89.7% success rate on the penalty kill.
WHO TO WATCH
- Jonna Curtis leads the Wildcats with 13 points from seven goals and six assists.
- Freshman Meghara McManus follows Curtis with 6 points from four goals and two assists.
- Hilary Cashin and Kyra Smith have both played in seven games in 2016. Cashin leads in goals against with 3.19 goals against average and a Smith leads with a .904 save percentage.
All-Time Series with the WILDCATS
- The Friars trail 55-81-13 all-time against the Wildcats.
- New Hampshire leads at Schneider Arena, 27-28-5, after defeating Providence, 4-3, On Nov. 5.
- Of the 29 points the Friars recorded against New Hampshire in the 15-16 season, 27 were tallied by returners.
- Six different Friars had at lead one multi-point game against the Wildcats las season.
- Carels leads the Friars against the Wildcats with seven points on two goals and five assists.
- In the 4-3 loss to the Wildcats, seven different Friars recorded a point, including three freshman.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women's Hockey Tops Quinnipiac
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated Quinnipiac University, 3-1, in Friday night’s non-conference game at Schneider Arena.
Women's Ice Hockey Game...
The Friars play a home-and-home series with the Quinnipiac Bobcats this weekend. Friday night’s game is at Schneider Arena at 7:00 p.m. Saturday’...
Whitney Dove Named Hockey...
Whitney Dove (Port Moody, British Columbia) of the Providence College women’s ice hockey team was named the Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week on...
Women's Hockey Tops Vermont
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the University of Vermont, 6-2, in the Hockey East opener at Schneider Arena on Sunday afternoon.
Seven Different Friars Score...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Union College Dutchwomen, 7-3, on Friday night at Messa Rink.
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
The Friars visit Union on Friday, Sept. 29 at 6:00 p.m. and host Vermont on Sunday, Oct. 1 at 2:00 p.m.
Women’s Hockey Picked ...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was selected to finish fourth in the Hockey East Preseason Poll, as announced by the league on Tuesday (Sept...
Women’s Hockey Tops...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated Laurentian University, 3-2, in Saturday afternoon’s exhibition game at Schneider Arena.