PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- The Friars face Northeastern in a home-and-home Hockey East series on Saturday, Nov. 15 and Sunday, Nov. 16.
- Providence will host the front end of the series on Saturday with puck drop set for 1:00 p.m., while Northeastern will host Sunday's contest with a 2:00 p.m. start time.
- Providence holds a 60-47-11 all-time record against Northeastern.
- The Huskies held the advantage in last year's series with a 2-1-0 record.
- Providence's lone win in the series came on Oct. 25 in a 4-3 game.
- Junior Courtney Kukowski and seniors Allison Michelletti and Beth Hanrahan scored in the victory.
- Hanrahan's goal came with under two minutes left in regulation, to help give PC the win.
- Northeastern enters Saturday's game with a 3-5-3 overall record and a 2-3-0 mark in Hockey East.
- The Huskies most recently defeated No. 6 Boston University, 6-3, on Tuesday, Nov. 11.
- Kendall Coyne tallied five points in the victory, on three goals and two assists.
- Before the BU game, NU fell 6-1 to top-ranked Boston College (6-1)
- Northeastern's other wins have come against New Hampshire (2-0, Oct. 30) and at No. 8/10 Mercyhurst (4-0, Oct. 17).
- Northeastern entered the season ranked No. 10 in the USA Today/USA Hockey National Poll on Oct. 7,before falling out of the polls the following week.
- Providence recorded back-to-back ties last weekend at Union (2-2, Nov. 7) and against UConn (4-4, Nov. 9).
- The Friars held a 2-0 lead against Union going into the third period but let up two goals late in the period to send the game into overtime.
- Against UConn at Schneider Arena, PC again had a lead going into the third period (3-1), this time letting in three UConn goals. Senior Brooke Simpson scored with four seconds left in regulation to help Providence earn a 4-4 tie and a point in Hockey East play.
- Juniors Allie Morse and Sarah Bryant each played in net over the weekend, with Morse playing against Union and Bryant competing versus UConn.
- Providence generated its most goals (4) and shots (31) in a game this season against UConn on Sunday, Nov. 9.
- Freshman forward Brooke Boquist netted her first collegiate goal just 57 seconds into the second period against UConn (11/9/14) en route to a 4-4 draw with the Huskies.
- Boquist finished the weekend with six shots on goal, helping PC earn its first point in HEA play.
- Senior Brooke Simpson was named a Hockey East Top Performer on Monday, Nov. 10.
- Simpson netted a career-high two goals against UConn (11/9/14), including the game-tying goal to help PC earn a HE point with a 4-4 tie.
- Freshman Brooke Boquist was named a Hockey East Top Performer on Monday, Oct. 20.
- Boquist earned the honor after scoring her first collegiate points on two assists to help PC tie Syracuse, 3-3.
- Providence recorded its first tie on Oct. 18, 2014 at Syracuse (3-3) since Feb. 17, 2013 when Providence tied New Hampshire 3-3.
- The Friars did not have a tie the entire 2013-14 season.
- Since the tie at Syracuse, PC has tied two other times, at Union (11/7/14) and vs. UConn (11/9/14).
- To start the season, the Friars faced two-straight ranked opponents, No. 9/9 Mercyhurst (10/3-10/4) and No. 8/9 Clarkson (10/11-10/12).
- Last weekend (10/31-11/1) the Friars fell 8-0 and 4-1 to No. 2/3 Boston College.
- In 2013-14, the Friars went 2-6-0 against ranked teams, defeating Mercyhurst and Boston University.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Whitney Dove Wins Hockey...
The Providence College women’s hockey team claimed two major Hockey East end-of-year awards and placed three on the Honorable Mention All Star Team....
Carels won the Sportsmanship Award and Dove was named to the Pro Ambitions All-Rookie Team.
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by the Vermont Catamounts, 5-2. Providence finishes the season with a 17-17-3 overall record...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated, 5-1, by the Vermont Catamounts in the second game of the Hockey East Quarterfinals. The...
Women's Hockey Rallies To...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Vermont Catamounts, 5-4, on Feb. 24 at Schneider Arena. Kate Friesen (Altona, Manitoba) and...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
The Friars will host the Hockey East Quarterfinals as the No. 4 seed in the league, hosting No. 5 Vermont. The series will be best-of-three games, and the...
Kathleen McHugh Earns Hockey...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team’s freshman forward, Kathleen McHugh (Billerica, Mass.) was named Hockey East Pro Ambitions Rookie ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by No. 6 Boston College, 3-1, on Feb. 19, 2017. The Friars move to 16-15-3 (11-10-3 HE) and the...