The Friars and Knights are even in the all-time series 3-3-1.
Nov. 13, 2013
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- The Friars will take on No. 7 Clarkson in a two-game road series.
- Providence and Clarkson will face-off on Friday, Nov. 15 and Saturday, Nov. 16.
- Both games will take place at 3:00 p.m. in Cheel Arena.
- Clarkson will be providing live streaming ($8 per game) and live stats of both games.
- To access the feeds CLICK HERE.
- Providence will be providing live updates of the game through its Twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST WEEK'S PLAY...
- Providence fell to New Hampshire 4-2 on Thursday, Nov. 7 at the Whittemore Center in Durham, N.H.
- The Friars took an early 2-0 lead but could not contain the Wildcats pressure.
- Courtney Kukowski notched her first unassisted goal of her career, while Beth Hanrahan tallied her 27th career goal in the loss.
- Sarah Bryant made 19 saves to move her record to 4-5-0.
- The Friars continued Hockey East play with a game against Connecticut on Nov. 10.
- Providence fell to the Huskies 5-4, for its first loss to Connecticut since March 6, 2010 in the Hockey East semifinal match-up.
- Cassidy Carels and Haley Frade each notched three points on two goals and an assist in the game.
- Carels three-point effort was a career-best, while Frade’s matched a previous three-point high.
- Friar goaltender Allie Morse notched a career-high 18 saves in 48:20 minutes of play.
SCOUTING THE KNIGHTS...
- Clarkson enters the weekend with an 8-3-2 overall record and a 3-2-1 record in ECAC play.
- Most recently, Clarkson fell to Harvard 2-0 on Nov. 9 at Cheel Arena.
- Prior to the loss, Clarkson was on a four game unbeaten streak with wins over Colgate (2-0), Yale (7-0) and Dartmouth (3-0) as well as a tie with Brown (1-1).
- Jamie Lee Rattray leads the Knights in scoring with 18 points with a team-best eight goals.
- Carly Mercer leads Clarkson in assists with 11.
- Erica Howe has logged the majority of minutes in between the pipes for Clarkson.
- Howe has collected a record of 8-3-2 in 768:04 minutes of play with a .936 save percentage and a 1.25 goals against average.
- Howe is tied for second in the nation with four shutouts this season.
- Overall, Clarkson has outscored its opponents 44-17 on the season for the ninth best scoring offense in the nation.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- Providence and Clarkson have met a total of seven times with the all-time series even at 3-3-1.
- At Clarkson, the Knights hold the edge with a 3-1-0 all-time record.
- The series history dates back to Dec. 1, 1979, when the Friars toppled the Knights, 15-0 at Schneider Arena.
- The last time the two faced, Providence fell 5-0 at Cheel Arena to Clarkson.
- Providence’s lone win in Clarkson territory was on Nov. 22, 1980, when the Friars notched an 11-4 win.
- Though seniors Corinne Buie, Rebecca Morse and Maggie Pendleton have faced the Knights twice in their careers, no current Friars have tallied a point against Clarkson.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women's Hockey Set To...
Providence will play a best of three series at No. 6 Northeastern for the Hockey East Quarter Finals. Providence will travel to Boston, Mass. for a 2:00 p.m...
Women’s Hockey To...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team earned a spot in the 2016 Hockey East playoffs. Providence will play a best-of-three series at No. 6...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by No. 1 Boston College, 9-1. The Friars moved to 10-22-2 (6-16-2 WHEA) and the Eagles improved...
Women's Hockey Defeated ...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated by No. 1 Boston College, 7-1. The Friars moved to 10-21-2 (6-15-2 WHEA) and the Eagles...
Providence To Close Regular ...
Providence will play a home-and-home series with No. 1 Boston College for the final two regular season game in the series. With a three point weekend, the...
Women's Hockey Ties...
The Providence College women’s hockey team tied Merrimack College, 2-2. Merrimack scored two power play goals to come back from a two-goal deficit. The...
Women’s Hockey Downs...
The Providence College women’s hockey team clinched a spot in the Hockey East playoffs with a 4-1 win over Merrimack. Christina Putigna (Grimsby,...
Women's Hockey To Play...
Providence will play a home-and-home series with Merrimack. The Friars will travel to North Andover, Mass. on Feb. 13 for a 2:00 p.m. puck drop at Lawler...