The Friars and Knights are even in the all-time series 3-3-1.
Nov. 13, 2013
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- The Friars will take on No. 7 Clarkson in a two-game road series.
- Providence and Clarkson will face-off on Friday, Nov. 15 and Saturday, Nov. 16.
- Both games will take place at 3:00 p.m. in Cheel Arena.
- Clarkson will be providing live streaming ($8 per game) and live stats of both games.
- To access the feeds CLICK HERE.
- Providence will be providing live updates of the game through its Twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST WEEK'S PLAY...
- Providence fell to New Hampshire 4-2 on Thursday, Nov. 7 at the Whittemore Center in Durham, N.H.
- The Friars took an early 2-0 lead but could not contain the Wildcats pressure.
- Courtney Kukowski notched her first unassisted goal of her career, while Beth Hanrahan tallied her 27th career goal in the loss.
- Sarah Bryant made 19 saves to move her record to 4-5-0.
- The Friars continued Hockey East play with a game against Connecticut on Nov. 10.
- Providence fell to the Huskies 5-4, for its first loss to Connecticut since March 6, 2010 in the Hockey East semifinal match-up.
- Cassidy Carels and Haley Frade each notched three points on two goals and an assist in the game.
- Carels three-point effort was a career-best, while Frade’s matched a previous three-point high.
- Friar goaltender Allie Morse notched a career-high 18 saves in 48:20 minutes of play.
SCOUTING THE KNIGHTS...
- Clarkson enters the weekend with an 8-3-2 overall record and a 3-2-1 record in ECAC play.
- Most recently, Clarkson fell to Harvard 2-0 on Nov. 9 at Cheel Arena.
- Prior to the loss, Clarkson was on a four game unbeaten streak with wins over Colgate (2-0), Yale (7-0) and Dartmouth (3-0) as well as a tie with Brown (1-1).
- Jamie Lee Rattray leads the Knights in scoring with 18 points with a team-best eight goals.
- Carly Mercer leads Clarkson in assists with 11.
- Erica Howe has logged the majority of minutes in between the pipes for Clarkson.
- Howe has collected a record of 8-3-2 in 768:04 minutes of play with a .936 save percentage and a 1.25 goals against average.
- Howe is tied for second in the nation with four shutouts this season.
- Overall, Clarkson has outscored its opponents 44-17 on the season for the ninth best scoring offense in the nation.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- Providence and Clarkson have met a total of seven times with the all-time series even at 3-3-1.
- At Clarkson, the Knights hold the edge with a 3-1-0 all-time record.
- The series history dates back to Dec. 1, 1979, when the Friars toppled the Knights, 15-0 at Schneider Arena.
- The last time the two faced, Providence fell 5-0 at Cheel Arena to Clarkson.
- Providence’s lone win in Clarkson territory was on Nov. 22, 1980, when the Friars notched an 11-4 win.
- Though seniors Corinne Buie, Rebecca Morse and Maggie Pendleton have faced the Knights twice in their careers, no current Friars have tallied a point against Clarkson.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women's Hockey Comeback...
After a two-goal third period to tie the game, the Providence College women's ice hockey team fell to the University of Vermont Catamounts by a score of 3-2,...
Great Promotions to Finish...
The Providence College Athletic Department is excited about some upcoming promotions at Friar home games.
Women's Hockey Closes...
Providence will host Vermont in its final regular season games on Saturday, Feb. 21 and Sunday, Feb. 22. Both games are set to start at 2:00 p.m. at...
Women's Hockey Defeated ...
The Providence College women's ice hockey team was defeated 7-1 by No. 7 Boston University on Monday night at Walter Brown Arena. With the loss the Friars...
Women's Hockey Falls 6-1...
The Providence College women's ice hockey team dropped a 6-1 decision to the No. 7 Boston University Terriers on Saturday Feb. 14 at Schneider Arena. The...
Women's Hockey Game On...
The Providence College women's hockey game at No. 7 Boston University, originally scheduled for Sunday (Feb. 15) at 2 p.m., has been moved to Monday (Feb. 16...
Women's Hockey Competes In...
Providence play home-and-home contests against No. 7 Boston University on Saturday, Feb. 14 and Sunday, Feb. 15. Saturday's game will start at 2:00 p.m. at...
Women's Hockey Falls 2-1...
The Providence College women's ice hockey team was defeated by Northeastern, 2-1, in overtime on Friday night at Matthews Arena. Northeastern used a third...