Nov. 13, 2013
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- The Friars will take on No. 7 Clarkson in a two-game road series.
- Providence and Clarkson will face-off on Friday, Nov. 15 and Saturday, Nov. 16.
- Both games will take place at 3:00 p.m. in Cheel Arena.
- Clarkson will be providing live streaming ($8 per game) and live stats of both games.
- To access the feeds CLICK HERE.
- Providence will be providing live updates of the game through its Twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST WEEK'S PLAY...
- Providence fell to New Hampshire 4-2 on Thursday, Nov. 7 at the Whittemore Center in Durham, N.H.
- The Friars took an early 2-0 lead but could not contain the Wildcats pressure.
- Courtney Kukowski notched her first unassisted goal of her career, while Beth Hanrahan tallied her 27th career goal in the loss.
- Sarah Bryant made 19 saves to move her record to 4-5-0.
- The Friars continued Hockey East play with a game against Connecticut on Nov. 10.
- Providence fell to the Huskies 5-4, for its first loss to Connecticut since March 6, 2010 in the Hockey East semifinal match-up.
- Cassidy Carels and Haley Frade each notched three points on two goals and an assist in the game.
- Carels three-point effort was a career-best, while Frade’s matched a previous three-point high.
- Friar goaltender Allie Morse notched a career-high 18 saves in 48:20 minutes of play.
SCOUTING THE KNIGHTS...
- Clarkson enters the weekend with an 8-3-2 overall record and a 3-2-1 record in ECAC play.
- Most recently, Clarkson fell to Harvard 2-0 on Nov. 9 at Cheel Arena.
- Prior to the loss, Clarkson was on a four game unbeaten streak with wins over Colgate (2-0), Yale (7-0) and Dartmouth (3-0) as well as a tie with Brown (1-1).
- Jamie Lee Rattray leads the Knights in scoring with 18 points with a team-best eight goals.
- Carly Mercer leads Clarkson in assists with 11.
- Erica Howe has logged the majority of minutes in between the pipes for Clarkson.
- Howe has collected a record of 8-3-2 in 768:04 minutes of play with a .936 save percentage and a 1.25 goals against average.
- Howe is tied for second in the nation with four shutouts this season.
- Overall, Clarkson has outscored its opponents 44-17 on the season for the ninth best scoring offense in the nation.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- Providence and Clarkson have met a total of seven times with the all-time series even at 3-3-1.
- At Clarkson, the Knights hold the edge with a 3-1-0 all-time record.
- The series history dates back to Dec. 1, 1979, when the Friars toppled the Knights, 15-0 at Schneider Arena.
- The last time the two faced, Providence fell 5-0 at Cheel Arena to Clarkson.
- Providence’s lone win in Clarkson territory was on Nov. 22, 1980, when the Friars notched an 11-4 win.
- Though seniors Corinne Buie, Rebecca Morse and Maggie Pendleton have faced the Knights twice in their careers, no current Friars have tallied a point against Clarkson.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women's Hockey To Host Union
Providence will host ECAC opponent Union College on Tuesday, Oct. 18 at 7:00 p.m. at Schneider Arena.
Madison Myers Tabbed Hockey ...
Providence College women’s hockey’s sophomore goaltender Madison Myers (Colchester, Vt.) was named the Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week...
Women's Hockey Sweeps At RIT...
The Providence College women’s hockey team defeated RIT, 3-0, on Oct. 8 to finish the weekend sweep in Rochester. Rachel Rockwell earned three points...
Women’s Hockey Claims ...
The Providence College women’s hockey team claimed its first win of the 2016-17 season with a 7-0 victory over RIT on Oct. 7. Ten different Friars...
Women's Hockey To Travel To ...
Providence will open their first away series of the 2016-17 season at Rochester Institute of Technology. The Friars will play the Tigers on Oct. 7 at 2:00 p....
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated by the Robert Morris Colonials, 3-2. The Friars move to 0-3-0 and the Colonials improve to ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by Robert Morris, 2-1, on Oct. 1, 2016 in the Friars’ home opener. Three Robert Morris...
Women's Hockey To Host...
• Providence will open the 2016-17 Season at Schneider Arena with a two game non-conference series with the Robert Morris Colonials. The Friars will...