PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
Game Notes vs. Vermont
- Providence will host the University of Vermont Catamounts for two games.
- The Friars will host the Catamounts on Nov. 12 and Nov. 13 at 2:00 p.m. at Schneider Arena.
Scouting the Friars...
- The Friars fell in two one-goal games in the last weekend, losing to New Hampshire, 4-3 (Nov. 5) and at Northeastern, 2-1 (Nov. 6).
- Providence is now 2-3-0 in Hockey East and 5-7-0 overall.
- The Friars are tied for seventh in the nation in goals per game (3.17). Providence is tied with No. 10 Princeton and No. 6 Boston College.
Recapping the Weekend...
- On Nov. 5, Providence hosted New Hampshire and fell 4-3.
- Kate Friesen added to her five-game point streak with an assist.
- Rachel Rockwell scored her second goal of the season with a slap shot from outside the blue line.
- Providence fell to Northeastern, 2-1, on Nov. 6. Each goal of the game was scored shorthanded.
- Christina Putigna scored a short-handed goal, giving the Friars three shorthanded tallies on the season.
- The Friars scored one goal against Northeastern, marking the first time the Friars have been held to less than two goals in the 2016-17 season.
PUTIGNA ON A ROLL...
- Sophomore Christina Putigna has tallied twelve points in a nine game point streak.
- Putigna has registered at least one point since Oct. 7.
- Putigna has tallied two multi-point games in her twelve game point streak.
- The forward has collected one goal on the power play and one shorthanded goal.
D is for dangle...
- Kate Friesen is tied for third in National defensive points per game (0.83).
- Friesen leads Hockey East defensemen in points with 10 (3-7-10).
- Whitney Dove holds the third place spot among Hockey East defensemen with eight points (1-7-8).
- Dove leads Hockey East freshman defenders, and Rockwell sits behind her with seven points (2-5-7).
- Avery Fransoo leads freshmen defenders in blocked shots (25) and is tied for third in all of Hockey East.
- Cassidy Carels leads the Friars with 12 points on six goals and six assists.
- The senior forward recorded a seven-game point streak to start the season, including two multi-point games.
- Carels has registered a point in nine of the 10 games she played.
- The co-captain is averaging 1.20 points-per-game.
- She has registered one game-winning-goal and six power play points (3 assists, 3 goals).
- In Hockey East, Carels is second in points and in power-play points.
SCOUTING THE catamounts...
- The Catamounts travel to Providence with a 3-4-1 (2-1-0 HE) after having a bye weekend.
- Vermont’s two Hockey East wins have come against Maine, 3-2 (Oct. 30) and Boston University, 3-2 (Oct. 9).
- On the power play, Vermont holds a 13.6% conversion rate (6/44).
- The Catamounts have a 87.9% success rate (29/33).
WHO TO WATCH...
- Madison Litchfield and Melissa Black have each played four games.
- Litchfield owns a .944 save percentage and 1.39 goals against average, with a 2-1-0.
- Black holds a .908 save percentage and 3.25 goals against average with a 1-2-1 record.
- Eve-Audrey Picard leads the team in scoring with nine points on four goals and five assists.
- Picard has also scored three times on the power-play.
All-Time Series with the Catamounts...
- The Friars the lead the series 27-13-1 and 18-1-5 at Schneider Arena.
- In the 2015-16 season, the Friars lost the Hockey East series 2-1.
- Madison Sansone leads the Friars against the Catamounts, playing three games and amassing four goals.
- Brooke Boquist and Christina Putigna have each tallied three points against Vermont.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women's Hockey Shutout at...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team fell to the Quinnipiac Bobcats by a score of 1-0 on Saturday afternoon in Hamden, Conn.
Women's Hockey Tops Quinnipiac
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated Quinnipiac University, 3-1, in Friday night’s non-conference game at Schneider Arena.
Women's Ice Hockey Game...
The Friars play a home-and-home series with the Quinnipiac Bobcats this weekend. Friday night’s game is at Schneider Arena at 7:00 p.m. Saturday’...
Whitney Dove Named Hockey...
Whitney Dove (Port Moody, British Columbia) of the Providence College women’s ice hockey team was named the Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week on...
Women's Hockey Tops Vermont
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the University of Vermont, 6-2, in the Hockey East opener at Schneider Arena on Sunday afternoon.
Seven Different Friars Score...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Union College Dutchwomen, 7-3, on Friday night at Messa Rink.
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
The Friars visit Union on Friday, Sept. 29 at 6:00 p.m. and host Vermont on Sunday, Oct. 1 at 2:00 p.m.
Women’s Hockey Picked ...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was selected to finish fourth in the Hockey East Preseason Poll, as announced by the league on Tuesday (Sept...