PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
Game Notes vs. Vermont
- Providence will host the University of Vermont Catamounts for two games.
- The Friars will host the Catamounts on Nov. 12 and Nov. 13 at 2:00 p.m. at Schneider Arena.
Scouting the Friars...
- The Friars fell in two one-goal games in the last weekend, losing to New Hampshire, 4-3 (Nov. 5) and at Northeastern, 2-1 (Nov. 6).
- Providence is now 2-3-0 in Hockey East and 5-7-0 overall.
- The Friars are tied for seventh in the nation in goals per game (3.17). Providence is tied with No. 10 Princeton and No. 6 Boston College.
Recapping the Weekend...
- On Nov. 5, Providence hosted New Hampshire and fell 4-3.
- Kate Friesen added to her five-game point streak with an assist.
- Rachel Rockwell scored her second goal of the season with a slap shot from outside the blue line.
- Providence fell to Northeastern, 2-1, on Nov. 6. Each goal of the game was scored shorthanded.
- Christina Putigna scored a short-handed goal, giving the Friars three shorthanded tallies on the season.
- The Friars scored one goal against Northeastern, marking the first time the Friars have been held to less than two goals in the 2016-17 season.
PUTIGNA ON A ROLL...
- Sophomore Christina Putigna has tallied twelve points in a nine game point streak.
- Putigna has registered at least one point since Oct. 7.
- Putigna has tallied two multi-point games in her twelve game point streak.
- The forward has collected one goal on the power play and one shorthanded goal.
D is for dangle...
- Kate Friesen is tied for third in National defensive points per game (0.83).
- Friesen leads Hockey East defensemen in points with 10 (3-7-10).
- Whitney Dove holds the third place spot among Hockey East defensemen with eight points (1-7-8).
- Dove leads Hockey East freshman defenders, and Rockwell sits behind her with seven points (2-5-7).
- Avery Fransoo leads freshmen defenders in blocked shots (25) and is tied for third in all of Hockey East.
- Cassidy Carels leads the Friars with 12 points on six goals and six assists.
- The senior forward recorded a seven-game point streak to start the season, including two multi-point games.
- Carels has registered a point in nine of the 10 games she played.
- The co-captain is averaging 1.20 points-per-game.
- She has registered one game-winning-goal and six power play points (3 assists, 3 goals).
- In Hockey East, Carels is second in points and in power-play points.
SCOUTING THE catamounts...
- The Catamounts travel to Providence with a 3-4-1 (2-1-0 HE) after having a bye weekend.
- Vermont’s two Hockey East wins have come against Maine, 3-2 (Oct. 30) and Boston University, 3-2 (Oct. 9).
- On the power play, Vermont holds a 13.6% conversion rate (6/44).
- The Catamounts have a 87.9% success rate (29/33).
WHO TO WATCH...
- Madison Litchfield and Melissa Black have each played four games.
- Litchfield owns a .944 save percentage and 1.39 goals against average, with a 2-1-0.
- Black holds a .908 save percentage and 3.25 goals against average with a 1-2-1 record.
- Eve-Audrey Picard leads the team in scoring with nine points on four goals and five assists.
- Picard has also scored three times on the power-play.
All-Time Series with the Catamounts...
- The Friars the lead the series 27-13-1 and 18-1-5 at Schneider Arena.
- In the 2015-16 season, the Friars lost the Hockey East series 2-1.
- Madison Sansone leads the Friars against the Catamounts, playing three games and amassing four goals.
- Brooke Boquist and Christina Putigna have each tallied three points against Vermont.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women’s Hockey Comes...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Merrimack Warriors, 4-3, in overtime on Feb. 12. The Friars entered the third period down 3...
Women’s Hockey Ties...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team tied the University of Vermont Catamounts on Feb. 10, 2017. Providence moves to 14-14-3 and 9-9-3 in...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will play at 2:00 p.m. on Feb. 10 at Vermont and on Feb. 12 at Merrimack at 2:00 p.m. Both games will close out the Hockey East series with the...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated by the University of Connecticut, 2-1, on Sunday, Feb. 5 at Schneider Arena in Providence, ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was edged by Northeastern, 4-3, in overtime on Feb. 3. The Friars move to 14-13-2 overall and 9-8-2 in...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will face two different Husky opponents. The Friars will travel to Boston, Mass. for a 2:00 p.m. puck drop on Feb. 3 at Northeastern's Matthew's...
Bob Deraney Claims 300th...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Maine Black Bears on Jan. 22 to complete the weekend sweep in Orono. The Friars improve to ...
Women’s Hockey Rallies...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Maine Black Bears, despite being down 3-2 after the first period. Providence improves to 13...