Morse lead the Friars in all-time assists against the Huskies.
Nov. 9, 2013
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- The Friars will wrap-up its six-game Hockey East stretch (1-4-0) with a road game against the Connecticut Huskies.
- Providence will travel to Storrs, Conn. to face-off against the Huskies at Freitas Ice Forum in a 2:00 p.m. puck drop.
- Connecticut will be providing live stats of the game (CLICK HERE).
- Providence will be providing live updates of the game through its Twitter page (@PCWHockey).
- Providence fell to New Hampshire 4-2 on Thursday, Nov. 7 at the Whittemore Center in Durham, N.H.
- The Friars took an early 2-0 but could not contain the Wildcats pressure.
- Courtney Kukowski notched her first unassisted goal of her career, while Beth Hanrahan tallied her 27th career goal in the loss.
- Sarah Bryant made 19 saves to move her record to 4-5-0.
SCOUTING THE WILDCATS...
- Connecticut enters the weekend 3-6-1 overall and 0-2-1 in Hockey East play.
- The Huskies last suffered a loss to Boston University (6-2) on Nov. 6.
- Two different Huskies scored for Connecticut in the loss.
- Connecticut earned its lone Hockey East point in a tie with Maine (4-4) on Nov. 3, where the Huskies came back from a 3-0 deficit to score four goals during the third period and tie the game.
- Sarah MacDonnell leads the Huskies in points with nine on three goals and a team-best six assists.
- With four goals, Kayla Campero leads Connecticut in goals scored, including the game-tying goal against Maine.
- Sarah Moses and Elaine Chuli have split time in between the pipes for the Huskies.
- Moses has collected a 2-3-0 record in 319:32 minutes played for a 3.94 goals against average and a .907 save percentage.
- Chuli has notched a 1-3-1 record in 291:47 minutes in net, notching a .914 save percentage and a 3.29 goals against average.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- The Friars hold the edge in the series history between the two teams 37-10-4.
- In the last ten games, Providence has a strong lead of 9-1-0.
- Last season, the Friars swept the Huskies by margins of 4-3 OT (Feb. 2), 5-0 (Feb. 1) and 5-3 (Nov. 11).
- Seniors Corinne Buie, Rebecca Morse and Maggie Pendleton lead the Friars in all-time scoring against Connecticut.
- Buie has collected 10 points in nine career games, while Morse and Pendleton have notched seven and six, respectively.
- The last time the Friars and Huskies faced in Storrs, Providence blanked Connecticut 5-0.
- Buie collected two goals, while Morse notched two assists to lead the Friars to the win.
- Sarah Bryant made 19 saves to earn her first career road shutout.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women's Hockey Names...
Providence College women’s ice hockey Head Coach Bob Deraney announced today, Sept. 3, that Derek Alfama has joined his staff as an assistant coach....
The Hockey East Association announced on Wednesday morning (July 1) that 13 Providence College women’s ice hockey players were named to the 2015 Hockey...
Janine Weber Signs First...
The New York Riveters have signed Janine Weber to the first free agent contract in league history.
Women's Ice Hockey Announces...
Providence College Women's Ice Hockey Head Coach Bob Deraney announced the 2015-16 schedule. The Friars will play a total of 24 Hockey East conference games ...
Women's Hockey Announces...
The Providence College women's hockey team announced its captains for the 2015-16 season on Saturday, April 25 at the team's end of the year banquet. Senior ...
Women's Hockey Holds End Of ...
The Providence College women's hockey team held its annual year end banquet today (April 25) at Schneider Arena. The team honored its six graduating seniors ...
Bob Deraney Captures Gold...
Providence College women's hockey Head Coach Bob Deraney and former Friar Genevieve Lacasse '12 competed in the gold medal game of the IIHF World...
Bob Deraney And Former Friar...
Providence College women's hockey Head Coach Bob Deraney and former Friar Genevieve Lacasse '12 will be competing in the IIHF World Championships, taking...