Nov. 9, 2013
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- The Friars will wrap-up its six-game Hockey East stretch (1-4-0) with a road game against the Connecticut Huskies.
- Providence will travel to Storrs, Conn. to face-off against the Huskies at Freitas Ice Forum in a 2:00 p.m. puck drop.
- Connecticut will be providing live stats of the game (CLICK HERE).
- Providence will be providing live updates of the game through its Twitter page (@PCWHockey).
- Providence fell to New Hampshire 4-2 on Thursday, Nov. 7 at the Whittemore Center in Durham, N.H.
- The Friars took an early 2-0 but could not contain the Wildcats pressure.
- Courtney Kukowski notched her first unassisted goal of her career, while Beth Hanrahan tallied her 27th career goal in the loss.
- Sarah Bryant made 19 saves to move her record to 4-5-0.
SCOUTING THE WILDCATS...
- Connecticut enters the weekend 3-6-1 overall and 0-2-1 in Hockey East play.
- The Huskies last suffered a loss to Boston University (6-2) on Nov. 6.
- Two different Huskies scored for Connecticut in the loss.
- Connecticut earned its lone Hockey East point in a tie with Maine (4-4) on Nov. 3, where the Huskies came back from a 3-0 deficit to score four goals during the third period and tie the game.
- Sarah MacDonnell leads the Huskies in points with nine on three goals and a team-best six assists.
- With four goals, Kayla Campero leads Connecticut in goals scored, including the game-tying goal against Maine.
- Sarah Moses and Elaine Chuli have split time in between the pipes for the Huskies.
- Moses has collected a 2-3-0 record in 319:32 minutes played for a 3.94 goals against average and a .907 save percentage.
- Chuli has notched a 1-3-1 record in 291:47 minutes in net, notching a .914 save percentage and a 3.29 goals against average.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- The Friars hold the edge in the series history between the two teams 37-10-4.
- In the last ten games, Providence has a strong lead of 9-1-0.
- Last season, the Friars swept the Huskies by margins of 4-3 OT (Feb. 2), 5-0 (Feb. 1) and 5-3 (Nov. 11).
- Seniors Corinne Buie, Rebecca Morse and Maggie Pendleton lead the Friars in all-time scoring against Connecticut.
- Buie has collected 10 points in nine career games, while Morse and Pendleton have notched seven and six, respectively.
- The last time the Friars and Huskies faced in Storrs, Providence blanked Connecticut 5-0.
- Buie collected two goals, while Morse notched two assists to lead the Friars to the win.
- Sarah Bryant made 19 saves to earn her first career road shutout.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women’s Hockey Defeats...
The Providence College women’s hockey team claimed the 22nd Mayor’s Cup, defeating cross-city rival, 7-3. The Friars back-to-back Mayor’s...
Women's Hockey To Play In...
The Friars will face the Bears in the 22nd Annual Mayor’s Cup on Nov. 26 at 3:00 p.m. at Meehan Auditorium
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated, 2-1, by the New Hampshire Wildcats. The Friars move to 7-8-1 (4-4-1 Hockey East) and New...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team downed New Hampshire after coming back from a 3-1 score in the second period. Providence scored four...
Women's Hockey To Play Home-...
• Providence will play a home-and-home series with New Hampshire. • The Friars will host the Wildcats on Saturday, Nov. 19, at 2:00 p.m. •...
Women’s Hockey Ties...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team tied the University of Vermont Catamounts, 1-1, on Nov. 13. Providence moves to 6-7-1 and 3-3-1 in...
Women's Hockey Downed...
The Providence College women’s hockey team defeated the Vermont Catamounts, 5-2, at Schneider Arena on Nov. 12. The Friars tallied three goals in the...
Women's Hockey To Take On...
Providence will host the University of Vermont Catamounts for two games.The Friars will host the Catamounts on Nov. 12 and Nov. 13 at 2:00 p.m. at Schneider ...