Nov. 9, 2013
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- The Friars will wrap-up its six-game Hockey East stretch (1-4-0) with a road game against the Connecticut Huskies.
- Providence will travel to Storrs, Conn. to face-off against the Huskies at Freitas Ice Forum in a 2:00 p.m. puck drop.
- Connecticut will be providing live stats of the game (CLICK HERE).
- Providence will be providing live updates of the game through its Twitter page (@PCWHockey).
- Providence fell to New Hampshire 4-2 on Thursday, Nov. 7 at the Whittemore Center in Durham, N.H.
- The Friars took an early 2-0 but could not contain the Wildcats pressure.
- Courtney Kukowski notched her first unassisted goal of her career, while Beth Hanrahan tallied her 27th career goal in the loss.
- Sarah Bryant made 19 saves to move her record to 4-5-0.
SCOUTING THE WILDCATS...
- Connecticut enters the weekend 3-6-1 overall and 0-2-1 in Hockey East play.
- The Huskies last suffered a loss to Boston University (6-2) on Nov. 6.
- Two different Huskies scored for Connecticut in the loss.
- Connecticut earned its lone Hockey East point in a tie with Maine (4-4) on Nov. 3, where the Huskies came back from a 3-0 deficit to score four goals during the third period and tie the game.
- Sarah MacDonnell leads the Huskies in points with nine on three goals and a team-best six assists.
- With four goals, Kayla Campero leads Connecticut in goals scored, including the game-tying goal against Maine.
- Sarah Moses and Elaine Chuli have split time in between the pipes for the Huskies.
- Moses has collected a 2-3-0 record in 319:32 minutes played for a 3.94 goals against average and a .907 save percentage.
- Chuli has notched a 1-3-1 record in 291:47 minutes in net, notching a .914 save percentage and a 3.29 goals against average.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- The Friars hold the edge in the series history between the two teams 37-10-4.
- In the last ten games, Providence has a strong lead of 9-1-0.
- Last season, the Friars swept the Huskies by margins of 4-3 OT (Feb. 2), 5-0 (Feb. 1) and 5-3 (Nov. 11).
- Seniors Corinne Buie, Rebecca Morse and Maggie Pendleton lead the Friars in all-time scoring against Connecticut.
- Buie has collected 10 points in nine career games, while Morse and Pendleton have notched seven and six, respectively.
- The last time the Friars and Huskies faced in Storrs, Providence blanked Connecticut 5-0.
- Buie collected two goals, while Morse notched two assists to lead the Friars to the win.
- Sarah Bryant made 19 saves to earn her first career road shutout.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women's Hockey To Host Union
Providence will host ECAC opponent Union College on Tuesday, Oct. 18 at 7:00 p.m. at Schneider Arena.
Madison Myers Tabbed Hockey ...
Providence College women’s hockey’s sophomore goaltender Madison Myers (Colchester, Vt.) was named the Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week...
Women's Hockey Sweeps At RIT...
The Providence College women’s hockey team defeated RIT, 3-0, on Oct. 8 to finish the weekend sweep in Rochester. Rachel Rockwell earned three points...
Women’s Hockey Claims ...
The Providence College women’s hockey team claimed its first win of the 2016-17 season with a 7-0 victory over RIT on Oct. 7. Ten different Friars...
Women's Hockey To Travel To ...
Providence will open their first away series of the 2016-17 season at Rochester Institute of Technology. The Friars will play the Tigers on Oct. 7 at 2:00 p....
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated by the Robert Morris Colonials, 3-2. The Friars move to 0-3-0 and the Colonials improve to ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by Robert Morris, 2-1, on Oct. 1, 2016 in the Friars’ home opener. Three Robert Morris...
Women's Hockey To Host...
• Providence will open the 2016-17 Season at Schneider Arena with a two game non-conference series with the Robert Morris Colonials. The Friars will...