Oct. 30, 2013
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- The Friars will continue league play with a home-and-home series versus sixth-ranked Boston College.
- The series will begin with a 7:00 p.m. puck drop at Schneider Arena on Friday, Nov. 1.
- The two teams will wrap-up the series at Kelley Rink in Chestnut Hill, Mass. on Sunday, Nov. 3 (3:00 p.m.).
- Both games will have live stats as well as live updates through the team's twitter page.
- Friday's game will be streamed live through friars.com.
- Providence will also be providing play-by-play for Friday's game. (John Carchedi - PXP; Moira Sweeney - Color).
- The Eagles will provide live streaming of Sunday's game through bceagles.com.
- Either feed can be accessed with a CBS Sports all-access pass.
- Providence kicked off Hockey East play with a home-and-home series versus Northeastern.
- The Friars and Huskies split the weekend, with Providence taking the first game (4-3) and Northeastern grabbing the second (4-1).
- On Friday, Oct. 25 the Friars defeated the Huskies, 4-3, to open league play with a win.
- With the win, Providence earned its first win in Matthews Arena since Feb. 6, 2010, when the Friars defeated Northeastern, 2-1.
- The win also marked the sixth in Hockey East opening games, moving the Friars all-time mark in HE opening games to 6-3-3.
- Allison Micheletti notched her first goal of the season with her first career shorthanded tally in the win.
- Courtney Kukowski also collected her first goal of the season in the win to get the Friars on the board first.
- Two Friars tallied a multipoint game for Providence to help it capture the win.
- Corinne Buie tallied a goal and an assist on Friday to collect her third multipoint game of the season.
- Beth Hanrahan led the Friars to the win with her seventh career game-winning goal.
- Hanrahan notched an assist while on the power-play and rifled a puck bar down with less than two minutes to go in the game to earn her first multipoint game and give the Friars their fourth win of the season.
- Liv Halvorson collected her first collegiate goal in the loss on Saturday, with a shot from the point.
- Providence outshot Northeastern in both games.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES...
- Boston College enters the weekend ranked sixth in both the USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine poll and in the USCHO.com poll.
- The Eagles are 5-2-0 overall on the season and 1-1-0 in Hockey East play.
- The Eagles suffered losses to New Hampshire (3-1) and most recently, Syracuse (4-1).
- Their lone Hockey East win came against Maine on Oct. 6 (5-1).
- Boston College's game average of 3.57 goals per game leads the league and ranks seventh in the nation.
- The Eagles offensive is led by Haley Skarupa, who has notched 12 points in seven games.
- Skarupa leads the team in goals and assists entering the weekend.
- Corinne Boyles has played the majority of minutes in the Eagle's net.
- Boyles has collected a .912 save percentage and a 2.34 goals against average in six games.
- The Eagles opened the 2013-14 season with a three game winning streak before falling to New Hampshire for their first Hockey East loss of the season.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- Providence and Boston College will meet for the 73rd and 74th time this weekend, with Providence holding the edge 50-19-3 in the all-time series record.
- Last season, the Eagles swept the Friars in the three-game Hockey East series.
- Providence last earned a win against Boston College in Schneider Arena on Jan. 11, 2011, when the Friars defeated the Eagles, 3-1.
- The Friars last win in Kelley Rink was on Feb. 12, 2012, when they won by a margin of 6-2.
- Rebecca Morse leads the Friars in scoring against the Eagles with eight points in 10 career games played against Boston College.
- Corinne Buie (10 GP), Beth Hanrahan (6 GP) and Brooke Simpson (6 GP) have all notched four points against Boston College.
- The rivalry dates back to the 1976-77 season, when the Friars fell to the Eagles in their first meeting, 5-3, before answering with a 3-2 win later that season to start a 32-game winning streak.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Maureen Murphy Collects...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – Maureen Murphy (Buffalo, N.Y.) of the Providence College women’s ice hockey team was unanimously selected to the Hockey East...
Women's Hockey Falls in Game...
The Providence College women's hockey team fell to the University of Connecticut in heartbreaking fashion on Sunday, Feb. 25 in the Hockey East Quarterfinal ...
Women's Hockey Blanked by UConn
The Providence College women's hockey team fell to the University of Connecticut by a score of 3-0 in the second game of the Hockey East Quarterfinals on Feb...
Women's Hockey Downs UConn...
The Providence College women's hockey team defeated the University of Connecticut in Hockey East Quarterfinal action on Friday night (Feb. 23). The Friars...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
The second-seeded Friars host the seventh-seeded UConn Huskies in the Hockey East Quarterfinals. Games are set for Friday, Feb. 23 (7:00 p.m.), Saturday, Feb...
Women’s Hockey East...
The Providence College women’s hockey team is set to host the UConn Huskies in a Hockey East Quarterfinal series from Feb. 23-25. Games are slated for ...
Madison Myers Named Hockey...
Madison Myers (Colchester, Vt.) was named the Hockey East Co-Defensive Player of the Week on Monday, Feb. 19.
Women's Hockey Tops...
The Providence College women's hockey team defeated the Northeastern University Huskies, 1-0, in the 2017-18 regular season finale on Sunday, Feb. 18 at...