PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- The Friars will play a home-and-home series against Boston College on Friday, Oct. 31 and Saturday, Nov. 1. Boston College will host a contest on Friday at 7:00 p.m., while Providence will host a match-up on Saturday at 7:00 p.m.
- This will be the Friars' third series this season against a ranked team. Providence opened up the season at #9/9 Mercyhurst (Oct. 3-4) and hosted # 8/9 Clarkson (Oct. 11-12).
- The series will mark the first Hockey East game for Providence, while this will be Boston College's second HE game. BC's first HE game was a 4-0 win at New Hampshire (Oct. 19).
- Providence holds a 50-22-3 all-time lead vs. Boston College.
- The Friars went 0-3 against Boston College in 2013-14.
- Providence lost at Schneider Arena on Nov. 1, 8-6.
- For the two games at Chestnut Hill, the Friars fell 2-1 in overtime (Nov. 3) and 5-0 (Feb. 1) in the series finale.
- Boston College enters the weekend with a 5-0-1 record on the season.
- The Eagles' lone tie came against St. Lawrence on Saturday, Oct. 11 (2-2, OT).
- Boston College enters the match-up ranked #2 in the USCHO.com Poll and #3 in the USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine Poll.
- The Eagles have outscored their opponents 30-9 on the season.
- Last weekend BC completed a sweep of #5 Cornell, winning 6-2 in both contests (Oct. 24-25).
- Three Eagle juniors lead the Hockey East in scoring this season. Alex Carpenter has the overall point lead with 15 points on six goals and nine assists, while Haley Skarupa trails with 12 points on five goals and seven assists. Lexi Bender is tied for third with BU's Sarah Lefort, with nine points on four goals and five assists.
- Carpenter leads in both goals scored and assists in the Hockey East. The forward is tied for second nationally in goals scored.
- Freshman goalie Katie Burt ranks second in the Hockey East in goals-against average (1.48).
- Providence went 0-2-0 last weekend in a home-and-home series against Yale (Oct. 24-25).
- The Friars fell 6-2 in the team's first games of the series on Friday, Oct. 24 at Schneider Arena.
- Seniors Brooke Simpson and Haley Frade netted goals for the Friars. Simpson and Frade also tallied an assist. Sophomore Cassidy Carels notched two assists. Junior Allie Morse tallied 24 saves in goal.
- In Saturday's game at Yale, Providence was defeated 5-2.
- Senior Beth Hanrahan scored the first goal of the game with assists coming from Victoria Virtue and Carels. The second goal was scored by Frade with assists from Hanrahan and sophomore Arianna Reid. Reid's assist was her first collegiate career point. Junior Sarah Bryant stopped 28 shots in net.
- Freshman Brook Boquist was named a Hockey East Top Performer on Monday, Oct. 20.
- Boquist earned the honor after scoring her first collegiate points on two assists to help PC tie Syracuse, 3-3.
- Providence recorded its first tie on Oct. 18, 2014 at Syracuse (3-3) since Feb. 17, 2013 when Providence tied New Hampshire 3-3.
- The Friars did not have a tie the entire 2013-14 season.
- To start the season, the Friars faced two-straight ranked opponents, #9/9 Mercyhurst (10/3-10/4) and #8/9 Clarkson (10/11-10/12).
- Last year the Friars went 2-6-0 against ranked teams, defeating Mercyhurst and Boston University.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women’s Hockey Comes...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Merrimack Warriors, 4-3, in overtime on Feb. 12. The Friars entered the third period down 3...
Women’s Hockey Ties...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team tied the University of Vermont Catamounts on Feb. 10, 2017. Providence moves to 14-14-3 and 9-9-3 in...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will play at 2:00 p.m. on Feb. 10 at Vermont and on Feb. 12 at Merrimack at 2:00 p.m. Both games will close out the Hockey East series with the...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated by the University of Connecticut, 2-1, on Sunday, Feb. 5 at Schneider Arena in Providence, ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was edged by Northeastern, 4-3, in overtime on Feb. 3. The Friars move to 14-13-2 overall and 9-8-2 in...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will face two different Husky opponents. The Friars will travel to Boston, Mass. for a 2:00 p.m. puck drop on Feb. 3 at Northeastern's Matthew's...
Bob Deraney Claims 300th...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Maine Black Bears on Jan. 22 to complete the weekend sweep in Orono. The Friars improve to ...
Women’s Hockey Rallies...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Maine Black Bears, despite being down 3-2 after the first period. Providence improves to 13...