Oct. 23, 2013
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- The Friars will play a home-and-home series with the Northeastern Huskies to kick off their Hockey East play.
- The series will begin on Friday, Oct. 25 at 7:00 p.m. in Boston, Mass. at Matthews Arena.
- The two game series will conclude on Saturday, Oct. 26 at 3:05 p.m. in Schneider Arena.
- Providence will be providing play-by-play (Chris Fama) for its road game on Friday (CLICK HERE for play-by-play)
- The Huskies will be providing live stats and streaming.
- To access the feeds for Friday CLICK HERE.
- On Saturday, the game will be televised live through COX Sports on OSN. Play-by-play will be covered by Mike Logan and Bob Bellemore will be providing color with Sonny Watrous as reporter.
- COX will also be providing free live streaming for Saturday's game. To access the feed CLICK HERE.
- Providence provides live updates of all its games through its twitter page.
- The Friars played host to Syracuse University for a two-game series starting on Oct. 18 and ending on Oct. 19.
- Providence and the Orange split the series, with the Friars taking the first game, 3-2, and the Orange taking the second, 4-1.
- In Friday's game, Janine Weber and Corinne Buie both tallied a goal to earn a two-game goal streak.
- Buie notched her first game-winning goal of the season in the win.
- Friar goaltender Sarah Bryant earned her third win of the season with 24 saves.
- On Saturday, Beth Hanrahan notched the lone Friar goal, while Allison Micheletti notched her first point of the season on the play.
- So far this season the Friars have posted a 3-3-0 record, collecting one road win and two at home in the newly renovated Schneider Arena.
- The Friars have split each weekend series starting with a two game road series at Union.
- Providence fell on Friday, Oct. 4, 5-2, to the Dutchwomen in their season opener.
- Providence came back to win the second game of the series on Saturday, Oct. 5, 6-2.
- In that opening weekend series, the Friars saw four rookies notch their first collegiate point.
- The Friars went on to host No. 10 Mercyhurst for a two-game home series.
- Providence fell 5-0 on Oct. 12 to the Lakers in their home opener, to move their all-time record in home openers to 22-11-4.
- On Oct. 13, the Friars edged Mercyhurst, 3-2, to earn their first win against a ranked opponent since the 2011-12 season, when the Friars topped No. 7 Northeastern in the Hockey East semifinal game on March 3, 2012.
- Janine Weber tallied her first collegiate goal in that win.
- Two Friar goaltenders earned career-high save totals in the weekend series.
- On Saturday, Allie Morse notched a career-best 16 saves in 20 minutes of play in the loss on Oct. 12, after making her first penalty shot save.
- Sunday's win came after a career-best 47 save performance by Friar goaltender Sarah Bryant.
- The last Friar goaltender to notch 40-plus saves was Genevieve Lacasse '12 when she did so on March 4, 2012 against BU.
SCOUTING THE HUSKIES...
- Northeastern enters the weekend with a 3-3-0 overall record.
- The Huskies earned wins over RIT (Oct. 5), Union (Oct. 11) and RPI (Oct. 12).
- Northeastern's three game winning streak was snapped, when the Huskies were swept by Cornell in a two game road series on Oct. 19 (6-2) and Oct. 20 (3-0).
- The Huskies are led by Chelsey Goldberg and Paige Savage, both of whom have collected four points on two goals and two assists.
- Goldberg has notched two shorthanded goals on the season, while Savage has notched two game-winning goals for Northeastern.
- Kelly Wallace leads the Huskies in goal scoring with three goals on the season.
- Chole Desjardins has played the majority of minutes between the pipes for Northeastern, collecting a .895 save percentage and a 3.09 goals against average in 310:43 minutes of play.
- Desjardins has collected a 3-3-0 record on the season thus far.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- Providence and Northeastern have met 115 times in the series history between the two.
- Providence holds the edge in the all-time series with a 59-45-11 record, with 28 of those wins at Northeastern and 19 at home.
- Last season, the Friars were swept by the Huskies, 0-3, in their three meetings.
- The last time the Friars beat Northeastern was during the Hockey East Semifinals on March, 3 2012, when Providence skated away with a 2-0 win.
- Haley Frade leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Huskies with seven points in seven career games against Northeastern.
- Frade is also the last current Friar to have notched a goal against the Huskies.
- In the last meeting between the two, the Friars fell 4-3 at Matthews Arena.
- Maggie Pendleton also matched a career-best with three assists in that loss.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women's Hockey Announces...
The Providence College and University of New Hampshire women’s hockey programs are excited to announce an alumni-giving challenge to benefit the...
#8/9 Women’s Hockey...
The No. 8/9 Providence College women’s hockey team skated to a 1-1 tie at the University of Vermont on Jan. 7.
#8/9 Women’s Hockey...
Brooke Boquist (Thunder Bay, Ontario) and Meaghan Rickard (Coventry, R.I.) led the no. 8/9 Providence College women’s hockey team to a 4-1 victory at...
Women’s Hockey Jan. 13...
It was announced on Friday (Jan. 5) that the Providence College women’s hockey team’s game against Boston University on Jan. 13 will now start at...
#8/9 Women's Hockey Game...
The Friars are set to resume Hockey East play with a weekend series at the University of Vermont. Puck drop is set for 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 6 and 2:00...
Maureen Murphy Named Hockey ...
Maureen Murphy (Buffalo, N.Y.) of the Providence College women’s ice hockey team was named the Hockey East Pro Ambitions Rookie of the Month for the...
#8/9 Women's Hockey...
The No. 8/9 Providence College women’s hockey team opened up the second half of the 2017-18 season with a decisive 3-1 victory over Brown University on...
#8/9 Women's Hockey Game...
The Friars are set to open 2018 with a game against Brown University. The game will serve as the 23rd Mayor’s Cup and will be played at 2:00 p.m. at...