- The Friars will play a home-and-home series against Yale on Friday, Oct. 24 and Saturday, Oct. 25. Providence will host a contest on Friday at 7:00 p.m., while Yale will host a match-up on Saturday at 7:00 p.m.
- Providence is 25-6-2 all-time vs. Yale.
- The Bulldogs will play their first regular season game entering the series.
- Yale has gone 2-0 in its exhibitions on the season.
- The Bulldogs shutout McGill 2-0 on Oct. 12 and defeated Sacred Heart 10-2 on Oct. 17.
- The Bulldogs were picked to finish sixth in the ECAC Preseason Coaches Poll.
- Sophomore forward Phoebe Staenz enters the series after being chosen Preseason ECAC All-Conference.
- Last year's squad finished with a 9-16-7 overall record while going 6-9-7 in the ECAC.
- Providence recorded its first tie on Oct. 18, 2014 at Syracuse (3-3) since Feb. 17, 2013 when Providence tied New Hampshire 3-3.
- The Friars did not have a tie the entire 2013-14 season.
- Providence went 0-1-1 last weekend against Syracuse (Oct. 18) and Colgate (Oct. 19).
- The Friars tied Syracuse 3-3 for the first game of the weekend.
- Sophomore Cassidy Carels scored the first goal of the game and the first goal of the season for PC.
- Freshman Brooke Boquist and senior Haley Frade each tallied two assists in the tie. Boquist's points were the first of her career.
- Junior Lexi Romanchuk and senior Beth Hanrahan each recorded a goal in the game.
- Junior Allie Morse turned away 29 shots for the Friars.
- Against Colgate, the Friars fell 2-1. Junior Brittney Thunstrom scored an unassisted short-handed goal for the Friars. It was the first PC shorthanded goal since Hanrahan scored one against BU on Jan. 17, 2014.
- Junior Sarah Bryant registered 18 saves in net.
- Freshman Brook Boquist was named a Hockey East Top Performer on Monday, Oct. 20.
- Boquist earned the honor after scoring her first collegiate points on two assists to help PC tie Syracuse, 3-3.
- To start the season, the Friars faced two-straight ranked opponents, #9/9 Mercyhurst (10/3-10/4) and #8/9 Clarkson (10/11-10/12).
- Last year the Friars went 2-6-0 against ranked teams, defeating Mercyhurst and Boston University.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women's Hockey Tops Quinnipiac
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated Quinnipiac University, 3-1, in Friday night’s non-conference game at Schneider Arena.
Women's Ice Hockey Game...
The Friars play a home-and-home series with the Quinnipiac Bobcats this weekend. Friday night’s game is at Schneider Arena at 7:00 p.m. Saturday’...
Whitney Dove Named Hockey...
Whitney Dove (Port Moody, British Columbia) of the Providence College women’s ice hockey team was named the Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week on...
Women's Hockey Tops Vermont
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the University of Vermont, 6-2, in the Hockey East opener at Schneider Arena on Sunday afternoon.
Seven Different Friars Score...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Union College Dutchwomen, 7-3, on Friday night at Messa Rink.
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
The Friars visit Union on Friday, Sept. 29 at 6:00 p.m. and host Vermont on Sunday, Oct. 1 at 2:00 p.m.
Women’s Hockey Picked ...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was selected to finish fourth in the Hockey East Preseason Poll, as announced by the league on Tuesday (Sept...
Women’s Hockey Tops...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated Laurentian University, 3-2, in Saturday afternoon’s exhibition game at Schneider Arena.