PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
Full Game Notes vs Union
• Providence will host ECAC opponent Union College on Tuesday, Oct. 18 at 7:00 p.m. at Schneider Arena.
SCOUTING THE FRIARS...
• The Friars enter Tuesday’s game after two road wins at RIT, defeating the Tigers, 7-0 (Oct. 7) and 3-0 (Oct. 8).
• Madison Myers earned back-to-back shutouts, making 24 saves on Oct. 7 and 33 saves on Oct. 8.
• Myers earned Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week (Oct. 10) for making a combined 57 saves in two games vs. RIT.
• On Oct. 7, the Friars tallied 19 points and 12 different players registered at least one point.
• Six different players registered multi-point games and Cassidy Carels notched a team-high three points on one goal and two assists.
• Cassidy MacPherson scored a career-high two goals in the game.
• Arianna Reid and Meaghan Rickard both scored their first career goals.
• Whitney Dove and Avery Fransoo added their first multi-point games, each with two assists.
• On Oct. 8, six different Friars earned at least one point and Kate Friesen and Rachel Rockwell tallied multi-point games.
• Rockwell registered three points on one power-play goal and two assists.
• Friesen collected two assists.
• Carels added one assist, extending her point-streak to five games and making her the only Friar to register at least one point in Providence’s five games of the 2016-17 season. Carels leads the team with eight points.
• In the series, Providence killed off all 16 penalties.
• Fourteen Friars have registered at least one point in the 2016-17 season.
SCOUTING THE DUTCHWOMEN...
• The Dutchwomen travel to Providence, R.I. with a 2-5-0 overall record.
• Union played at RIT on Oct. 14 and 15, splitting the weekend with a 2-0 win (Oct. 14) and a 2-0 loss (Oct. 15).
• Four different players are tied for the lead in points, with four each: Emily Erickson, Caitlyn McLaren, Haley Shugart, and Rachel de Perio.
• McLaren and Shugart have each registered two power-play goals and the team has registered a 14% conversion rate on the power play (6/42).
• Kate Spooner has seen the majority of time in net for the Dutchwomen, posting a .910 save percentage and 2.54 goals against average across 307:22 minutes.
• Union has a 76.5% success rate on the penalty kill (26/34).
• Twelve different Dutchwomen have recorded at least one point so far in the season.
• A youthful Union squad traves to Providence with 10 freshmen.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Kathleen McHugh Earns Hockey...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team’s freshman forward, Kathleen McHugh (Billerica, Mass.) was named Hockey East Pro Ambitions Rookie ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by No. 6 Boston College, 3-1, on Feb. 19, 2017. The Friars move to 16-15-3 (11-10-3 HE) and the...
Women's Ice Hockey Upends No...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated No. 6 Boston College, 4-1, on Saturday, Feb. 18 at Schneider Arena in Providence, R.I. The...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will play a home-and-home with the No. 6 Boston College Eagles. The Friars will host the Eagles on Feb. 18 at 2:00 p.m. and travel to Kelly Rink...
Women’s Hockey Comes...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Merrimack Warriors, 4-3, in overtime on Feb. 12. The Friars entered the third period down 3...
Women’s Hockey Ties...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team tied the University of Vermont Catamounts on Feb. 10, 2017. Providence moves to 14-14-3 and 9-9-3 in...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will play at 2:00 p.m. on Feb. 10 at Vermont and on Feb. 12 at Merrimack at 2:00 p.m. Both games will close out the Hockey East series with the...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated by the University of Connecticut, 2-1, on Sunday, Feb. 5 at Schneider Arena in Providence, ...