- The Friars will travel to compete against Syracuse on Saturday, Oct. 18 and then Colgate for a game on Sunday, Oct. 19. Both games are set for a 2:00 p.m. puck drop.
- Providence is 2-2-0 all-time vs. Syracuse.
- The Friars are 6-1-2 against Colgate , winning the last three.
- Providence split last year's series against the Orange at Schneider Arena
- The Friars won the first contest, 2-1, with Sarah Bryant making 23 saves in net.
- In the second game, Providence fell 4-1. Beth Hanrahan scored the lone goal for the Friars.
- Providence has only played one game in Syracuse, N.Y., winning it 4-1 (Oct. 15, 2010).
- Providence last played Colgate on October 16, 2010, with a 2-1 overtime win in Hamilton, N.Y.
- The Friars are 2-1-1 when playing in Hamilton, N.Y.
- Syracuse enters the game with a 1-1-2 record on the season. The team's lone win came against Colgate (2-1).
- The Orange went 0-1-2 against Hockey East opponents, losing to Boston College (10-2) and tying Northeastern (1-1) and New Hampshire (2-2).
- Syracuse is outscored by its opponents on the season, 14-7.
- Syracuse was picked to finish fourth in College Hockey America.
- The team returns 17 players, including eight of its top-10 point producers from last season.
- Seven freshmen will join this year's squad (four forwards, two defensemen and one goaltender).
- The Orange were 10-7-1 last year when playing at Tennity Ice Pavilion.
- Overall, Syracuse went 20-14-3 in its 2013-14 campaign.
- The Raiders currently stand at 1-2-0 on the season.
- Last weekend, the Raiders split against Robert Morris. Colgate won the first game, 6-3 and lost the second game, 2-1.
- Colgate is narrowly outscoring its opponents, 8-7. Three of the Raiders' eight goals are scored on the power play.
- In 2013-14, Colgate went 10-22-2.
- Colgate returns 15 letterwinners from last year, while losing six players to graduation.
- Seven freshmen have been added to the 2014-15 roster.
- To start the season, the Friars faced two-straight ranked opponents, #9/9 Mercyhurst (10/3-10/4) and #8/9 Clarkson (10/11-10/12).
- Last year the Friars went 2-6-0 against ranked teams, defeating Mercyhurst and Boston University.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women’s Hockey Comes...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Merrimack Warriors, 4-3, in overtime on Feb. 12. The Friars entered the third period down 3...
Women’s Hockey Ties...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team tied the University of Vermont Catamounts on Feb. 10, 2017. Providence moves to 14-14-3 and 9-9-3 in...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will play at 2:00 p.m. on Feb. 10 at Vermont and on Feb. 12 at Merrimack at 2:00 p.m. Both games will close out the Hockey East series with the...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated by the University of Connecticut, 2-1, on Sunday, Feb. 5 at Schneider Arena in Providence, ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was edged by Northeastern, 4-3, in overtime on Feb. 3. The Friars move to 14-13-2 overall and 9-8-2 in...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will face two different Husky opponents. The Friars will travel to Boston, Mass. for a 2:00 p.m. puck drop on Feb. 3 at Northeastern's Matthew's...
Bob Deraney Claims 300th...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Maine Black Bears on Jan. 22 to complete the weekend sweep in Orono. The Friars improve to ...
Women’s Hockey Rallies...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Maine Black Bears, despite being down 3-2 after the first period. Providence improves to 13...