PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- Providence will play a best of three series at No. 6 Northeastern for the Hockey East Quarter Finals.
- The Friars clinched a playoff appearance with a three point weekend over Merrimack (Feb. 13 & 14)
- Providence will travel to Boston, Mass. for a 2:00 p.m. puck drop on Feb 26, 27 and 28 if necessary.
- The first two games will be televised on NESN and the third game will be streamed on NESN+, if necessary.
- Providence offers live updates via twitter @PCWHockey.
- There will be live stats which is provided in the links above.
Last time out...
- The Friars played a home-and-home series with No. 1 Boston College.
- Providence fell in both games, 7-1 and 9-1.
- On Friday, Feb. 19, Lexi Romanchuk tallied her sixth goal of the season, giving the senior captain 18 points in the regular season.
- Cassidy Carels scored the lone Friar goal on Feb. 20, on the power play.
- Christina Putigna and Carels lead the team in points with 28.
- The last freshman to lead the Friars in points was Laura Veharanta (2012) who finished her rookie season with 31 points.
- Carels has recorded a season high in points this season, totaling 21 points in her freshman and sophomore campaigns.
- Lexi Romanchuk has also registered a season high in points this year, with 18. The senior defender notched 17 points in her sophomore season.
SCOUTING the Huskies...
- Northeastern is ranked No. 6 nationally and have secured the two seed in Hockey East.
- The Huskies have spent 19 weeks in the Top 10.
- Northeastern is led by Kendall Coyne, who has recorded 75 points off of 44 goals and 31 assists.
- Denisa Krizova leads in helpers, with 34 assists.
- Brittany Bugalski has seen the most time between the pipes for the Huskies, with a 19-6-1 record.
- Bugalski has registered a .921 save percentage, and 2.08 goals against average.
- Northeastern has a 21.7% power play conversion rate, and 84.4% success rate on the penalty kill.
- The Huskies are 11-1-0 in Hockey East games at Matthew Arena.
Friars in the post season...
- Providence will play in their 33rd consecutive playoff appearance.
- The Friars have won the Hockey East Championship three times, in six championship game appearances.
- In the 2015 Hockey East Quarterfinals, the Friars fell in two games to Boston College in a best of three series.
- Providence is 40-24 in post-season play.
- In Hockey East Quarterfinal games, the Friars are 4-3 and 11-7 in all-time quarterfinal contests.
- Last season was the first time Hockey East played a best of three quarterfinal series.
- Providence has seen Northeastern only one time in the post season, when the Friars defeated the Huskies 2-0 in the Hockey East semifinals in 2012.
All Time series history...
- Providence leads the all-time series, 61-52-11.
- The Friars have scored both goals against the Huskies on the power play.
- Brooke Boquist and Christina Putigna scored the Friar goals.
- In the teams’ last meeting, Madison Myers made 35 saves, for a career best.
putigna on the power play...
- Christina Putigna has notched eight power play goals on 11 goals this season.
- The Freshman collected two power play goals the Friars, against Northeastern and UConn.
- Putigna is tied for third in the nation in power play goals and first among freshmen.
Romanchuk leading the friars...
- The senior captain has tallied 18 points, the most of her career.
- Romanchuk has captured four of her six goals on the power play.
- With 12 assists this season, Romanchuk has collected 53 points in her career.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women’s Hockey Comes...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Merrimack Warriors, 4-3, in overtime on Feb. 12. The Friars entered the third period down 3...
Women’s Hockey Ties...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team tied the University of Vermont Catamounts on Feb. 10, 2017. Providence moves to 14-14-3 and 9-9-3 in...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will play at 2:00 p.m. on Feb. 10 at Vermont and on Feb. 12 at Merrimack at 2:00 p.m. Both games will close out the Hockey East series with the...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated by the University of Connecticut, 2-1, on Sunday, Feb. 5 at Schneider Arena in Providence, ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was edged by Northeastern, 4-3, in overtime on Feb. 3. The Friars move to 14-13-2 overall and 9-8-2 in...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will face two different Husky opponents. The Friars will travel to Boston, Mass. for a 2:00 p.m. puck drop on Feb. 3 at Northeastern's Matthew's...
Bob Deraney Claims 300th...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Maine Black Bears on Jan. 22 to complete the weekend sweep in Orono. The Friars improve to ...
Women’s Hockey Rallies...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Maine Black Bears, despite being down 3-2 after the first period. Providence improves to 13...