PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- Providence will play a best of three series at No. 6 Northeastern for the Hockey East Quarter Finals.
- The Friars clinched a playoff appearance with a three point weekend over Merrimack (Feb. 13 & 14)
- Providence will travel to Boston, Mass. for a 2:00 p.m. puck drop on Feb 26, 27 and 28 if necessary.
- The first two games will be televised on NESN and the third game will be streamed on NESN+, if necessary.
- Providence offers live updates via twitter @PCWHockey.
- There will be live stats which is provided in the links above.
Last time out...
- The Friars played a home-and-home series with No. 1 Boston College.
- Providence fell in both games, 7-1 and 9-1.
- On Friday, Feb. 19, Lexi Romanchuk tallied her sixth goal of the season, giving the senior captain 18 points in the regular season.
- Cassidy Carels scored the lone Friar goal on Feb. 20, on the power play.
- Christina Putigna and Carels lead the team in points with 28.
- The last freshman to lead the Friars in points was Laura Veharanta (2012) who finished her rookie season with 31 points.
- Carels has recorded a season high in points this season, totaling 21 points in her freshman and sophomore campaigns.
- Lexi Romanchuk has also registered a season high in points this year, with 18. The senior defender notched 17 points in her sophomore season.
SCOUTING the Huskies...
- Northeastern is ranked No. 6 nationally and have secured the two seed in Hockey East.
- The Huskies have spent 19 weeks in the Top 10.
- Northeastern is led by Kendall Coyne, who has recorded 75 points off of 44 goals and 31 assists.
- Denisa Krizova leads in helpers, with 34 assists.
- Brittany Bugalski has seen the most time between the pipes for the Huskies, with a 19-6-1 record.
- Bugalski has registered a .921 save percentage, and 2.08 goals against average.
- Northeastern has a 21.7% power play conversion rate, and 84.4% success rate on the penalty kill.
- The Huskies are 11-1-0 in Hockey East games at Matthew Arena.
Friars in the post season...
- Providence will play in their 33rd consecutive playoff appearance.
- The Friars have won the Hockey East Championship three times, in six championship game appearances.
- In the 2015 Hockey East Quarterfinals, the Friars fell in two games to Boston College in a best of three series.
- Providence is 40-24 in post-season play.
- In Hockey East Quarterfinal games, the Friars are 4-3 and 11-7 in all-time quarterfinal contests.
- Last season was the first time Hockey East played a best of three quarterfinal series.
- Providence has seen Northeastern only one time in the post season, when the Friars defeated the Huskies 2-0 in the Hockey East semifinals in 2012.
All Time series history...
- Providence leads the all-time series, 61-52-11.
- The Friars have scored both goals against the Huskies on the power play.
- Brooke Boquist and Christina Putigna scored the Friar goals.
- In the teams’ last meeting, Madison Myers made 35 saves, for a career best.
putigna on the power play...
- Christina Putigna has notched eight power play goals on 11 goals this season.
- The Freshman collected two power play goals the Friars, against Northeastern and UConn.
- Putigna is tied for third in the nation in power play goals and first among freshmen.
Romanchuk leading the friars...
- The senior captain has tallied 18 points, the most of her career.
- Romanchuk has captured four of her six goals on the power play.
- With 12 assists this season, Romanchuk has collected 53 points in her career.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Whitney Dove Wins Hockey...
The Providence College women’s hockey team claimed two major Hockey East end-of-year awards and placed three on the Honorable Mention All Star Team....
Carels won the Sportsmanship Award and Dove was named to the Pro Ambitions All-Rookie Team.
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by the Vermont Catamounts, 5-2. Providence finishes the season with a 17-17-3 overall record...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated, 5-1, by the Vermont Catamounts in the second game of the Hockey East Quarterfinals. The...
Women's Hockey Rallies To...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Vermont Catamounts, 5-4, on Feb. 24 at Schneider Arena. Kate Friesen (Altona, Manitoba) and...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
The Friars will host the Hockey East Quarterfinals as the No. 4 seed in the league, hosting No. 5 Vermont. The series will be best-of-three games, and the...
Kathleen McHugh Earns Hockey...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team’s freshman forward, Kathleen McHugh (Billerica, Mass.) was named Hockey East Pro Ambitions Rookie ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by No. 6 Boston College, 3-1, on Feb. 19, 2017. The Friars move to 16-15-3 (11-10-3 HE) and the...