Frade notched a four-points last time out against BU.
Feb. 20, 2014
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- The Friars and Catamounts will each close out their regular season with a two-game series.
- Providence will travel to Burlington, Vt. for a 7 p.m. puck drop on Friday, Feb. 21, followed by a 4:00 p.m. slate on Saturday, Feb. 22.
- Both games will be taking place at the Gutterson Field House.
- Vermont will be providing live stats and streaming of both games.
- To access the feeds CLICK HERE.
- Providence also offers live updates of all its games through its twitter page (@PCWHockey).
- The Friars went 0-2-0 last time out.
- Providence fell 4-2 on Feb. 15 and 3-2 on Feb. 16 to the Boston University Terriers.
- On Feb. 15, the Friars and Terriers faced-off at Agganis Arena in Boston, Mass.
- Haley Frade and Victoria Virtue notched the Friar goals in the loss, with Frade collecting an assist on Virtue's goal as well.
- The Friars recorded a season high 41shots on goal as Providence outshot the Terriers 41-24, with Bryant making 20 saves for the Friars.
- Providence played host to the Terrier on the 16th in its last regular season home game.
- Frade would collect her second multipoint game of the weekend with two assists in the 3-2 loss.
- Cassidy Carels and Allison Micheletti each notched a goal for Providence.
- With her 14th goal of the season, Carels is one of 25 all-time Friar freshmen to notch 14 or more goals during their freshman campaign.
- Nina Riley finished the game with 21 saves for the Friars.
SCOUTING THE CATAMOUNTS...
- Vermont enters Friday with a 15-13-4 overall record and an 11-7-1 record in Hockey East play, good for fourth-place.
- The Catamounts are on a four-game winning streak after sweeping New Hampshire last weekend.
- Vermont took the series with 3-2 (Feb. 15) and 5-1 (Feb. 16) decisions.
- Seven different Catamounts notched goals in the two-game series that clinched quarterfinal home ice for Vermont.
- Vermont is led by junior duo Amanda Pelkey and Brittany Zuback, who have combined for 66 points.
- Pelkey leads Vermont with a team-best 35 points on 16 assists and a team-leading 19 goals.
- Pelkey's 35 points rank third among league players and 20th in the nation.
- In goal, Roxanne Douville has logged the majority of minutes (1381:56) for the Catamounts.
- The senior goaltender has garnered a .926 save percentage and a league second-best 2.13 goals against average for 11 wins on the season.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- Providence and Vermont have met a total 33 times in the history of the two programs.
- The Friars hold the edge in the all-time series with a 26-6-1 record.
- At Vermont, the Friars are 9-3-1 all-time.
- The last time the Friars captured a win at Vermont was on Oct. 22, 2011, when the Friars skated past the Catamounts 4-3.
- In their last trip to Burlington, Providence tied Vermont 2-2 on Nov. 18, 2012.
- Earlier this season, the Friars fell 3-1 at Schneider Arena to the Catamounts.
- Haley Frade notched the lone Friar goal in that loss.
- In the last five meetings, Providence has gone 3-1-1 against Vermont.
Official StoreOfficial Online
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by No. 6 Northeastern in the first game of the best-of-three Hockey East Quarterfinal series....
Women's Hockey Set To...
Providence will play a best of three series at No. 6 Northeastern for the Hockey East Quarter Finals. Providence will travel to Boston, Mass. for a 2:00 p.m...
Women’s Hockey To...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team earned a spot in the 2016 Hockey East playoffs. Providence will play a best-of-three series at No. 6...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by No. 1 Boston College, 9-1. The Friars moved to 10-22-2 (6-16-2 WHEA) and the Eagles improved...
Women's Hockey Defeated ...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated by No. 1 Boston College, 7-1. The Friars moved to 10-21-2 (6-15-2 WHEA) and the Eagles...
Providence To Close Regular ...
Providence will play a home-and-home series with No. 1 Boston College for the final two regular season game in the series. With a three point weekend, the...
Women's Hockey Ties...
The Providence College women’s hockey team tied Merrimack College, 2-2. Merrimack scored two power play goals to come back from a two-goal deficit. The...
Women’s Hockey Downs...
The Providence College women’s hockey team clinched a spot in the Hockey East playoffs with a 4-1 win over Merrimack. Christina Putigna (Grimsby,...