Feb. 20, 2014
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- The Friars and Catamounts will each close out their regular season with a two-game series.
- Providence will travel to Burlington, Vt. for a 7 p.m. puck drop on Friday, Feb. 21, followed by a 4:00 p.m. slate on Saturday, Feb. 22.
- Both games will be taking place at the Gutterson Field House.
- Vermont will be providing live stats and streaming of both games.
- To access the feeds CLICK HERE.
- Providence also offers live updates of all its games through its twitter page (@PCWHockey).
- The Friars went 0-2-0 last time out.
- Providence fell 4-2 on Feb. 15 and 3-2 on Feb. 16 to the Boston University Terriers.
- On Feb. 15, the Friars and Terriers faced-off at Agganis Arena in Boston, Mass.
- Haley Frade and Victoria Virtue notched the Friar goals in the loss, with Frade collecting an assist on Virtue's goal as well.
- The Friars recorded a season high 41shots on goal as Providence outshot the Terriers 41-24, with Bryant making 20 saves for the Friars.
- Providence played host to the Terrier on the 16th in its last regular season home game.
- Frade would collect her second multipoint game of the weekend with two assists in the 3-2 loss.
- Cassidy Carels and Allison Micheletti each notched a goal for Providence.
- With her 14th goal of the season, Carels is one of 25 all-time Friar freshmen to notch 14 or more goals during their freshman campaign.
- Nina Riley finished the game with 21 saves for the Friars.
SCOUTING THE CATAMOUNTS...
- Vermont enters Friday with a 15-13-4 overall record and an 11-7-1 record in Hockey East play, good for fourth-place.
- The Catamounts are on a four-game winning streak after sweeping New Hampshire last weekend.
- Vermont took the series with 3-2 (Feb. 15) and 5-1 (Feb. 16) decisions.
- Seven different Catamounts notched goals in the two-game series that clinched quarterfinal home ice for Vermont.
- Vermont is led by junior duo Amanda Pelkey and Brittany Zuback, who have combined for 66 points.
- Pelkey leads Vermont with a team-best 35 points on 16 assists and a team-leading 19 goals.
- Pelkey's 35 points rank third among league players and 20th in the nation.
- In goal, Roxanne Douville has logged the majority of minutes (1381:56) for the Catamounts.
- The senior goaltender has garnered a .926 save percentage and a league second-best 2.13 goals against average for 11 wins on the season.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- Providence and Vermont have met a total 33 times in the history of the two programs.
- The Friars hold the edge in the all-time series with a 26-6-1 record.
- At Vermont, the Friars are 9-3-1 all-time.
- The last time the Friars captured a win at Vermont was on Oct. 22, 2011, when the Friars skated past the Catamounts 4-3.
- In their last trip to Burlington, Providence tied Vermont 2-2 on Nov. 18, 2012.
- Earlier this season, the Friars fell 3-1 at Schneider Arena to the Catamounts.
- Haley Frade notched the lone Friar goal in that loss.
- In the last five meetings, Providence has gone 3-1-1 against Vermont.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Clare Minnerath Named Hockey...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team’s freshman netminder, Clare Minnerath (Sartell, Minn.) was named Hockey East Pro Ambitions Rookie ...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by the Cornell University Big Red, 5-1. The Friars move to 10-11-1 and Cornell improves to 9-5-...
Women’s Hockey Shuts...
The Providence College women’s hockey team defeat the Cornell Big Red on Jan. 6, 2017 at Lynah Rink in Ithaca, N.Y. The Friars scored two second period...
Women's Hockey Play Cornell ...
Providence will play the non-conference series at Cornell on Friday, January 6 at 6:00 p.m. and Saturday, January 7 at 3:00 p.m. in Ithaca, N.Y.
Women’s Hockey Defeats...
The Providence College women’s hockey team defeated the Merrimack College Warriors, 3-2, on Dec. 9 at Schneider Arena. The Friars finish the first half...
Women's Hockey To Host...
Providence will play the Merrimack Warriors on Dec. 9 at 7:00 p.m. at Schneider Arena for a Hockey East match up. The game will be each team’s last...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated, 8-0, on Dec. 3 by No. 6 Boston College. Providence moves to 8-10-1 (4-6-1 HE) and the Eagles...
Women's Hockey Set to Play...
Providence will play No. 6 Boston College on Saturday, Dec. 3 at 2:00 p.m. at Schneider Arena.