- Providence will host Vermont in its final regular season games on Saturday, Feb. 21 and Sunday, Feb. 22.
- Both games are set to start at 2:00 p.m. at Schneider Arena.
- Saturday's game will be the team's Skating Strides game to support breast cancer awareness. Prior to the game there will be a ceremonial puck drop.
- Sunday's game will honor the 2015 graduating seniors: Stephanie Demars, Brooke Simpson, Suzie Lundeen, Haley Frade, Allison Micheletti and Beth Hanrahan in a postgame ceremony.
- In the teams' first game of the season, Vermont came away victorious, 7-3, on Feb. 1 at the Gutterson Fieldhouse.
- Vermont enters the contest with a 13-17-2 overall record and a 4-14-1 mark in the Hockey East.
- Last weekend, the Catamounts played New Hampshire in a two-game homestand, losing the first game, 4-2, and tying in the second game, 3-3.
- Dayna Colang leads the team in points with 29 on a team-best 18 goals and 11 assists.
- Amanda Pelkey has the team lead in assists with 17.
- Madison Litchfield has appeared in 26 games in net and put together a 10-13-2 record, a 2.86 goals-against average and a .896 save percentage.
- Litchfield also has three shutouts on the season.
- As a team, Vermont ranks first in the Hockey East in power-play percentage at 20.8%, but are last in the league in the penalty kill (80.0%).
- The Catamounts also rank fourth in the WHEA in scoring with 2.41 goals per game.
- The Hockey East Skating Strides initiative returns for a ninth season for the 2014-15 campaign with a total of 20 games being played in fundraising aimed at bringing awareness to women's hockey and fighting breast cancer.
- So far the initiative has raised over $275,000 to date.
- Providence's game against Vermont at Schneider Arena on Saturday, Feb. 21 will be the team's Skating Strides game.
- Senior Haley Frade scored three goals in three games against Boston College (Jan. 30), at Vermont (Feb. 1) and at Northeastern (Feb. 6).
- During the streak, Frade also tallied an assist at Vermont.
- As a team, Providence ranks fourth in the Hockey East in the penalty kill.
- The Friars have killed 114 of their 137 penalties (83.2%), including 3 short-handed goals.
- Senior forward Beth Hanrahan has scored 11 goals in her last 17 games.
- Hanrahan scored just three goals in the opening 14 games of the season.
- She has had three games with two goals; at Maine (2-1 OT win), vs. Brown (4-2 win) and RPI (3-3 OT).
- Hanrahan has also contributed seven assists in the 17-game span.
- The forward is currently tied for third in the Hockey East for conference game-winning goals (2) and tied fifth for power-play goals (3).
- She leads the team in points (25) and goals (14) and is third in assists (11).
- Both seniors Beth Hanrahan and Simpson held a three-game point streak spanning from Jan. 6 to Jan. 11.
- Hanrahan started the streak off against RPI (Jan. 6) with two goals and one assist. She followed up with an assist over UNH at Schneider Arena (Jan. 10) and two assists and the game-winning goal at UNH (Jan. 11).
- Simpson's streak also started at RPI with an assist. She recorded an assist in the home UNH contest and a goal and an assist in the away match-up.
- Sophomore Liv Halvorson had a four-game point streak spanning from Nov. 9 vs. UConn through Nov. 22 at Maine. Her other points in the streak came against Northeastern (Nov. 15) and at Northeastern (Nov. 16). All of Halvorson's points were assists (five), including a two-assist performance at Maine (Nov. 22).
- Sophomore Cassidy Carels also had a four-game point streak, hers started at Union (Nov. 7) and went through UConn (Nov. 9) and Northeastern (Nov. 15-16). Carels had two goals and three assists in the streak, including a two assist performance vs. UConn.
- The Providence defense held the Huskies to one shot on goal in the first period of its game on Sunday, Jan. 26.
- The one shot was a season-best for the defense.
- For the game, the Friars held UConn to 18 total shots on goal, tying their season-best with their game at Brown on Nov. 28.
- Freshman Brooke Boquist ranks eighth in the conference in Hockey East games for face-offs with a percentage of .597.
- The Friars are out shooting their opponents in 10 of their last 15 games
- This streak included six in a row, spanning from Jan. 6 at RPI to Jan. 25 at UConn.
- In the first 16 games of the season Providence led in shots only twice.
- Providence dropped two contests against No. 6/7 Boston University on Saturday, Feb. 14 and Monday, Feb. 16.
- In Saturday's game the Friars lost, 6-1.
- Senior Beth Hanrahan scored PC's lone goal, with the assists coming from seniors Haley Frade and Brooke Simpson.
- Monday's game was moved from Sunday due to weather conditions.
- BU defeated the Friars, 7-1.
- Freshman Brooke Boquist scored for Providence with senior Suzie Lundeen and sophomore Cassidy Carels notching the assists.
- Following the homestand against Vermont, the Friars will compete in the Hockey East Tournament Quarterfinals.
- Match-ups will be determined once the final standings are secure.
- So far, Boston College, Boston University, Northeastern and Maine have clinched home ice for the Quarterfinals.
- Providence, New Hampshire and UConn are all battling for the fifth seed while Vermont can get as high as sixth place in the final standing.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women's Ice Hockey Upends No...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated No. 6 Boston College, 4-1, on Saturday, Feb. 18 at Schneider Arena in Providence, R.I. The...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will play a home-and-home with the No. 6 Boston College Eagles. The Friars will host the Eagles on Feb. 18 at 2:00 p.m. and travel to Kelly Rink...
Women’s Hockey Comes...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Merrimack Warriors, 4-3, in overtime on Feb. 12. The Friars entered the third period down 3...
Women’s Hockey Ties...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team tied the University of Vermont Catamounts on Feb. 10, 2017. Providence moves to 14-14-3 and 9-9-3 in...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will play at 2:00 p.m. on Feb. 10 at Vermont and on Feb. 12 at Merrimack at 2:00 p.m. Both games will close out the Hockey East series with the...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated by the University of Connecticut, 2-1, on Sunday, Feb. 5 at Schneider Arena in Providence, ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was edged by Northeastern, 4-3, in overtime on Feb. 3. The Friars move to 14-13-2 overall and 9-8-2 in...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will face two different Husky opponents. The Friars will travel to Boston, Mass. for a 2:00 p.m. puck drop on Feb. 3 at Northeastern's Matthew's...