Feb. 14, 2014
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- The Friars and Terriers will play a home-and-home series to wrap-up their regular season Hockey East series.
- The two programs will kick the weekend series off at Agganis Arena in Boston, Mass. on Saturday, Feb. 15 at 3:00 p.m.
- The series will conclude at Schneider Arena on Sunday, Feb. 16 in a 2:00 p.m. puck drop.
- Both teams will be providing live streaming and live stats of their respective home games.
- To access the feeds CLICK HERE.
- Providence also offers live updates of all its games through its twitter page (@PCWHockey).
- Providence faced Northeastern in its final regular season game against the Huskies.
- The Friars fell, 3-1, at Schneider on Feb. 8.
- Molly Illikainen tallied the Friars lone goal of the game.
- Illikainen, who snapped a 10-game goalless streak, was assisted by Beth Hanrahan and Cassidy Carels.
- Sarah Bryant made 20 saves for the Friars in her 28th start this season.
SCOUTING THE TERRIERS...
- Boston University is led by Sarah Lefort, who has notched a team and league-best 47 points in 30 games this season.
- Lefort leads the team in goals (27) and assists (20).
- Thirty two of Lefort's points have come in Hockey East action to lead all players in league play.
- Senior Kerrin Sperry holds the reigns at that backstop, making 25 appearances this season.
- Sperry holds a 2.36 goals against average and a .924 save percentage en route to capturing a 16-8-1 record this season.
- Entering Saturday, the Terriers hold a 19-10-1 overall record and a 12-5-0 record in Hockey East play, good for second in the standings.
- Last time out, Boston University fell 3-2 in overtime to Harvard in the Beanpot consolation game.
- Lefort and Louise Warren notched goals for the Terriers, while Sperry made 29 saves in the loss.
- In their last five games, the Terriers have gone 3-2-0, with all three wins in league play.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- Providence and Boston University have met a total of 42 times in the history of the two programs.
- Providence holds the edge in the all-time series with a 26-14-2 overall record.
- The Friars are 10-8-1 at BU and 17-2-1 at Schneider Arena.
- The last time the two faced, Providence edged Boston University, 4-3, on Jan. 17 at Schneider Arena.
- Providence saw three Friars tally multipoint games against the Terriers on the 17th.
- Haley Frade and Cassidy Carels each tallied career highs in the win.
- Frade notched three assists, while Carels tallied four points on two goals and two assists.
- For her performance, Carels nabbed HE Rookie of the Week on Jan. 20.
- Frade leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Terriers with five points on one goal and four assists.
- The five graduating seniors will be honored at the Friars' final home game on Sunday against the Terriers.
- Rebecca Morse, Maggie Pendleton, Nina Riley, Moira Sweeney and Janine Weber will be honored prior to the game on Sunday.
- Morse and Pendleton played crucial roles in the Friars' defensive core over their four-year careers.
- To date, Morse has played 131 career games for the Friars, collecting 60 points on 16 goals and 44 assists.
- Entering Saturday, Pendleton has put on the Friar uniform 136 times throughout her career, collecting 42 points on eight goals and 34 assists.
- Riley has logged 1219:42 minutes of play between the pipes for the Friars.
- In 25 games played, Riley collected a 7-10-3 record with a 3.49 goals against average and a .878 save percentage.
- Weber joined the Friars for the 2013-14 season from the EWHL.
- This season, Weber has played in all 30 games for the Friars, notching 10 points on six goals and four assists.
- Sweeney, the Friars' manager, graduates after spending four years on the Friars' staff.
- Sweeney assists in the day-to-day operations of the program as well as handles social media, organizes stats and provides color commentary for all home games.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Former Friar Genevieve...
Former Providence College women’s hockey goaltender Genevieve Lacasse ’12 turned in a 44-save performance on Feb. 14 to help Canada defeat the...
Maureen Murphy Named Hockey ...
Maureen Murphy (Buffalo, N.Y.) of the Providence College women’s ice hockey team was named the Hockey East Pro Ambitions Rookie of the Week for the...
Maureen Murphy Lifts Women's...
The Providence College women's hockey team defeated #9 University of Maine, 2-1, in overtime on Feb. 11 at Schneider Arena. Maureen Murphy (Buffalo, N.Y.)...
Women's Hockey Battles to 1-...
The Providence College women's hockey team battled to a 1-1 draw with #9 University of Maine on Feb. 10 at Schneider Arena.
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
The Friars host the #9 University of Maine Black Bears for Alumni and Family Weekend. Games are set for Saturday, Feb. 10 and Sunday, Feb. 11 at 2:00 p.m....
#9 Women's Hockey Downed in ...
The No. 9 Providence College women's hockey team tied the game late in the third period, but eventually fell to the University of Connecticut, 3-2, in...
#9 Providence College Women'...
The No. 9 Providence College women's hockey team fell to the Merrimack College Warriors by a score of 4-1 on Friday night at Schneider Arena.
#9 Women's Hockey Game Notes...
The Friars face Merrimack College at home on Friday night (Feb. 2) at 7:00 p.m. The game, which will be played at Schneider Arena is the team’s Mental ...