- Providence play home-and-home contests against No. 7 Boston University on Saturday, Feb. 14 and Monday, Feb. 16.
- Saturday's game will start at 2:00 p.m. at Schneider Arena while Monday's game will be played at 7:00 p.m. at Walter Brown Arena.
- BU captured the first game of the season series, 3-1, at Walter Brown Arena on Dec. 8.
- No. 7 Boston University enters the game with a 19-7-2 overall record and a 13-4-0 mark in the Hockey East.
- Most recently, the Terriers defeated Northeastern in the Beanpot consolation game, 3-1, on Tuesday, Feb. 10.
- Marie-Philip Poulin and Sarah Lefort are tied for the team lead in points with 35.
- Poulin leads the team in goals with 20 and has also recorded 15 assists.
- Lefort has a team-best 19 assists to go along with 16 goals.
- Victoria Hanson and Erin O'Neil have split time in net with 16 and 14 games played, respectively.
- Hanson has recorded a 11-4-1 record with a 2.44 goals-against average and a .897 save percentage.
- O'Neil brings a 8-3-1 record to go with a 2.72 GAA and a .900 save percentage.
- As a team, the Terriers lead the Hockey East in penalty minutes (in WHEA play), averaging 10.8 minutes per game.
- Senior Haley Frade is currently on a three-game point streak and has scored in her last three games.
- The forward started her streak off with a goal against No. 1 Boston College (Jan. 30), following by goals at Vermont (Feb. 1) and at Northeastern (Feb. 6).
- During the streak, Frade has tallied goals in all of the games and one assist (at Vermont).
- Senior forward Beth Hanrahan has scored 10 goals in her last 15 games.
- Hanrahan scored just three goals in the opening 14 games of the season.
- She has had three games with two goals; at Maine (2-1 OT win), vs. Brown (4-2 win) and RPI (3-3 OT).
- Hanrahan has also contributed seven assists in the 14-game span.
- The forward is currently tied for third in the Hockey East for conference game-winning goals (2) and tied fourth for power-play points(3-3-6).
- She leads the team in points (24), goals (13) and is second in assists (11).
- The Providence defense held the Huskies to one shot on goal in the first period of its game on Sunday, Jan. 26.
- The one shot was a season-best for the defense.
- For the game, the Friars held UConn to 18 total shots on goal, tying their season-best with their game at Brown on Nov. 28.
- The Friars are out shooting their opponents in 10 of their last 13 games
- This streak included six in a row, spanning from Jan. 6 at RPI to Jan. 25 at UConn.
- In the first 16 games of the season Providence led in shots only twice.
- Providence dropped a 2-1 overtime game last Friday (Feb. 6) at Northeastern.
- Senior Haley Frade scored the first goal of the game in the first period, that stood until 6:49 of the third period when the Huskies scored.
- Northeastern notched the game-winner 38 seconds into the extra period.
- Junior Allie Morse finished the game with 23 saves.
- Freshman Brooke Boquist and sophomore Kendra Goodrich assisted on Frade's goal.
- Following the home-and-home series against Boston University, the Friars will play its final games of the regular season in a two-game homestand against Vermont on Saturday, Feb. 14 and Sunday, Feb. 15.
- Both games are set to start at 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday's game will be the team's Skating Strides game to support breast cancer awareness. Prior to the game there will be a ceremonial puck drop.
- Sunday's game will honor the 2015 graduating seniors. Stephanie Demars, Brooke Simpson, Suzie Lundeen, Haley Frade, Allison Micheletti and Beth Hanrahan will be honored prior to the start of the game.
- To start the season, the Friars faced two-straight ranked opponents, No. 9/9 Mercyhurst (10/3-10/4) and No. 8/9 Clarkson (10/11-10/12).
- On Oct. 31 and Nov. 1 the Friars fell 8-0 and 4-1, respectively, to No. 2/3 Boston College.
- On Dec. 8 the Friars faced No. 4/5 Boston University, falling 3-1.
- On Jan. 30 Providence was defeated by No. 1 Boston College, 4-2.
- As of the February 9, the USCHO.com poll Boston College, Boston University and Clarkson are still ranked in the top-10.
- The USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine poll (Feb. 3) has Boston College and Boston University in the top-10 while Clarkson and Mercyhurst are receiving votes.
- In 2013-14, the Friars went 2-6-0 against ranked teams, defeating Mercyhurst and Boston University.
- Senior forwards Beth Hanrahan and Haley Frade have played in every game of their careers (137). The streak began in 2011-12.
- Hanrahan has tallied 75 points on 45 goals and 30 assists for her career while Frade has put together 88 points on 32 goals and 56 assists.
- Both players are on pace to place in the top-five in career games played at Providence.
- The Hockey East Skating Strides initiative returns for a ninth season for the 2014-15 campaign with a total of 20 games being played in fundraising aimed at bringing awareness to women's hockey and breast cancer.
- So far the initiative has raised over $275,000 to date.
- Providence's game against Vermont at Schneider Arena on Saturday, Feb. 21 will be the team's Skating Strides game.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Providence College Women's...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team fell to Syracuse University, 2-1, on Friday afternoon at Tennity Ice Pavilion.
Women's Hockey Notes vs....
The Friars play two road games at Syracuse this weekend. First, the teams face-off on Friday afternoon at 3:00 p.m. The second game of the series is on...
Women's Hockey Shutout at...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team fell to the Quinnipiac Bobcats by a score of 1-0 on Saturday afternoon in Hamden, Conn.
Women's Hockey Tops Quinnipiac
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated Quinnipiac University, 3-1, in Friday night’s non-conference game at Schneider Arena.
Women's Ice Hockey Game...
The Friars play a home-and-home series with the Quinnipiac Bobcats this weekend. Friday night’s game is at Schneider Arena at 7:00 p.m. Saturday’...
Whitney Dove Named Hockey...
Whitney Dove (Port Moody, British Columbia) of the Providence College women’s ice hockey team was named the Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week on...
Women's Hockey Tops Vermont
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the University of Vermont, 6-2, in the Hockey East opener at Schneider Arena on Sunday afternoon.
Seven Different Friars Score...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Union College Dutchwomen, 7-3, on Friday night at Messa Rink.