Women's Hockey Plays Host To Northeastern Huskies
The Friars and Huskies have met twice previously this season.
Haley Frade leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Huskies with nine points.
Feb. 7, 2014
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
Game Notes vs. Northeastern
- The Friars will host the Northeastern Huskies on Feb. 8.
- The two will be meeting for the third time this season with the Hockey East series tied at 1-1-0.
- Providence and Northeastern will face in a 3:30 p.m. puck drop at Schneider Arena.
- Providence will be providing live stats as well as live streaming of the game.
- To access either feed CLICK HERE.
- Providence also offers live updates of all its games through its twitter page (@PCWHockey).
- Providence went 0-2-0 last weekend with a loss at seventh-ranked Boston College and loss versus Vermont.
- On Saturday, Feb. 1, the Friars were shutout 5-0 by the Eagles.
- Sarah Bryant made 21 saves in the loss, it marked the second time this season the sophomore goaltender posted a 20-plus save period.
- Nina Riley made an appearance for the Friars in the third period, finishing with 14 saves.
- The Friars fell 3-1 on Sunday, Feb. 2 at Schneider Arena to the Vermont Catamounts.
- Haley Frade notched the lone goal of the game with her 20th point.
- With the goal, Frade collected her 17th league point this season.
- Courtney Kukowski captured the only assist on the play.
- Bryant finished her 27th start with 15 saves.
- Following the weekend, Providence remained in fifth-place in the league standings.
SCOUTING THE HUSKIES...
- The Huskies enter Saturday on a six game winning streak and a 13-12-2 overall record.
- In league play, Northeastern is third with an 8-6-2 mark.
- Kelly Wallace leads the Huskies with 26 points on 10 assists and a team-best 16 goals.
- Eighteen of Wallace's points have come against Hockey East opponents.
- Katie MacSorley has tallied a team-best four game-winning goals to help Northeastern in wins over Vermont (Feb. 1 and Nov. 22), Connecticut (Jan. 15) and New Hampshire (Nov. 3).
- Chloe Dejardins has logged the majority of minutes in net for the Huskies, making 26 appearances this season.
- Dejardins holds a .922 save percentage along with a 2.49 goals against average for a 13-11-2 overall record.
- Last time out, Northeastern topped third-ranked Harvard, 4-3, in a Beanpot showdown.
- Prior to playing Harvard, the Huskies went 5-1-1 in their last Hockey East stretch of games.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- The Friars and Huskies have met a total of 117 times in the history of the two programs, with Providence holding the edge in the all-time series, 60-46-11.
- In the last ten meetings, Northeastern holds the advantage with a record of 6-3-1.
- The Friars and Huskies met twice earlier this season in a home-and-home series.
- Providence took the first meeting, 4-3, at Matthews Arena and Northeastern took the second, 4-1, at Schneider Arena.
- Providence's win on Oct. 25 at Northeastern moved its all-time record in Hockey East opening games to 6-3-3.
- It marked the first win in Matthews Arena since Feb. 6, 2010, when the Friars defeated the Huskies, 2-1.
- On Oct. 26, Liv Halvorson notched her first collegiate goal against Northeastern in the loss.
- Haley Frade leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Huskies with nine points in nine career games.
The Last Meeting
October 26, 2013