Haley Frade leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Huskies with nine points.
Feb. 7, 2014
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- The Friars will host the Northeastern Huskies on Feb. 8.
- The two will be meeting for the third time this season with the Hockey East series tied at 1-1-0.
- Providence and Northeastern will face in a 3:30 p.m. puck drop at Schneider Arena.
- Providence will be providing live stats as well as live streaming of the game.
- To access either feed CLICK HERE.
- Providence also offers live updates of all its games through its twitter page (@PCWHockey).
- Providence went 0-2-0 last weekend with a loss at seventh-ranked Boston College and loss versus Vermont.
- On Saturday, Feb. 1, the Friars were shutout 5-0 by the Eagles.
- Sarah Bryant made 21 saves in the loss, it marked the second time this season the sophomore goaltender posted a 20-plus save period.
- Nina Riley made an appearance for the Friars in the third period, finishing with 14 saves.
- The Friars fell 3-1 on Sunday, Feb. 2 at Schneider Arena to the Vermont Catamounts.
- Haley Frade notched the lone goal of the game with her 20th point.
- With the goal, Frade collected her 17th league point this season.
- Courtney Kukowski captured the only assist on the play.
- Bryant finished her 27th start with 15 saves.
- Following the weekend, Providence remained in fifth-place in the league standings.
SCOUTING THE HUSKIES...
- The Huskies enter Saturday on a six game winning streak and a 13-12-2 overall record.
- In league play, Northeastern is third with an 8-6-2 mark.
- Kelly Wallace leads the Huskies with 26 points on 10 assists and a team-best 16 goals.
- Eighteen of Wallace's points have come against Hockey East opponents.
- Katie MacSorley has tallied a team-best four game-winning goals to help Northeastern in wins over Vermont (Feb. 1 and Nov. 22), Connecticut (Jan. 15) and New Hampshire (Nov. 3).
- Chloe Dejardins has logged the majority of minutes in net for the Huskies, making 26 appearances this season.
- Dejardins holds a .922 save percentage along with a 2.49 goals against average for a 13-11-2 overall record.
- Last time out, Northeastern topped third-ranked Harvard, 4-3, in a Beanpot showdown.
- Prior to playing Harvard, the Huskies went 5-1-1 in their last Hockey East stretch of games.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- The Friars and Huskies have met a total of 117 times in the history of the two programs, with Providence holding the edge in the all-time series, 60-46-11.
- In the last ten meetings, Northeastern holds the advantage with a record of 6-3-1.
- The Friars and Huskies met twice earlier this season in a home-and-home series.
- Providence took the first meeting, 4-3, at Matthews Arena and Northeastern took the second, 4-1, at Schneider Arena.
- Providence's win on Oct. 25 at Northeastern moved its all-time record in Hockey East opening games to 6-3-3.
- It marked the first win in Matthews Arena since Feb. 6, 2010, when the Friars defeated the Huskies, 2-1.
- On Oct. 26, Liv Halvorson notched her first collegiate goal against Northeastern in the loss.
- Haley Frade leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Huskies with nine points in nine career games.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women's Hockey To Take...
Providence will travel to Chestnut Hill, Mass. on Nov. 25 for a 4:00 p.m. Hockey East match up against No. 2 ranked Boston College
Christina Putigna Named Pro ...
– Providence College women’s ice hockey freshman forward Christina Putigna (Grimsby, Ontario) was named Pro Ambitions Rookie of the Week, in an...
Freshman Effort Lifts Women&...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the New Hampshire Wildcats, 4-1, on Nov. 22. Four freshman collected six points on the game to ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated by the New Hampshire Wildcats, 3-2. New Hampshire collected three power-play goals to take ...
Women's Hockey Travels...
Providence will travel to Druham, N.H. for two Hockey East games against the Wildcats.The Friars play at 2:00 p.m. on Nov. 21 and at 2:00 p.m. on Nov. 22 at ...
Three Friars Named Hockey...
Three members of the Providence College women’s ice hockey team were named Hockey East Top Performers as announced by the league office on Nov. 16.
Women’s Ice Hockey...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated, 4-3, by the Vermont Catamounts on Nov. 14. A Catamount goal with 3 seconds remaining...
Women’s Ice Hockey...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Vermont Catamounts, 4-1, on Nov. 13 at Gutterson Field House. The Friars improved to 2-7-0 ...