Feb. 7, 2014
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- The Friars will host the Northeastern Huskies on Feb. 8.
- The two will be meeting for the third time this season with the Hockey East series tied at 1-1-0.
- Providence and Northeastern will face in a 3:30 p.m. puck drop at Schneider Arena.
- Providence will be providing live stats as well as live streaming of the game.
- To access either feed CLICK HERE.
- Providence also offers live updates of all its games through its twitter page (@PCWHockey).
- Providence went 0-2-0 last weekend with a loss at seventh-ranked Boston College and loss versus Vermont.
- On Saturday, Feb. 1, the Friars were shutout 5-0 by the Eagles.
- Sarah Bryant made 21 saves in the loss, it marked the second time this season the sophomore goaltender posted a 20-plus save period.
- Nina Riley made an appearance for the Friars in the third period, finishing with 14 saves.
- The Friars fell 3-1 on Sunday, Feb. 2 at Schneider Arena to the Vermont Catamounts.
- Haley Frade notched the lone goal of the game with her 20th point.
- With the goal, Frade collected her 17th league point this season.
- Courtney Kukowski captured the only assist on the play.
- Bryant finished her 27th start with 15 saves.
- Following the weekend, Providence remained in fifth-place in the league standings.
SCOUTING THE HUSKIES...
- The Huskies enter Saturday on a six game winning streak and a 13-12-2 overall record.
- In league play, Northeastern is third with an 8-6-2 mark.
- Kelly Wallace leads the Huskies with 26 points on 10 assists and a team-best 16 goals.
- Eighteen of Wallace's points have come against Hockey East opponents.
- Katie MacSorley has tallied a team-best four game-winning goals to help Northeastern in wins over Vermont (Feb. 1 and Nov. 22), Connecticut (Jan. 15) and New Hampshire (Nov. 3).
- Chloe Dejardins has logged the majority of minutes in net for the Huskies, making 26 appearances this season.
- Dejardins holds a .922 save percentage along with a 2.49 goals against average for a 13-11-2 overall record.
- Last time out, Northeastern topped third-ranked Harvard, 4-3, in a Beanpot showdown.
- Prior to playing Harvard, the Huskies went 5-1-1 in their last Hockey East stretch of games.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- The Friars and Huskies have met a total of 117 times in the history of the two programs, with Providence holding the edge in the all-time series, 60-46-11.
- In the last ten meetings, Northeastern holds the advantage with a record of 6-3-1.
- The Friars and Huskies met twice earlier this season in a home-and-home series.
- Providence took the first meeting, 4-3, at Matthews Arena and Northeastern took the second, 4-1, at Schneider Arena.
- Providence's win on Oct. 25 at Northeastern moved its all-time record in Hockey East opening games to 6-3-3.
- It marked the first win in Matthews Arena since Feb. 6, 2010, when the Friars defeated the Huskies, 2-1.
- On Oct. 26, Liv Halvorson notched her first collegiate goal against Northeastern in the loss.
- Haley Frade leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Huskies with nine points in nine career games.
Official StoreOfficial Online
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated, 5-1, by the Vermont Catamounts in the second game of the Hockey East Quarterfinals. The...
Women's Hockey Rallies To...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Vermont Catamounts, 5-4, on Feb. 24 at Schneider Arena. Kate Friesen (Altona, Manitoba) and...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
The Friars will host the Hockey East Quarterfinals as the No. 4 seed in the league, hosting No. 5 Vermont. The series will be best-of-three games, and the...
Kathleen McHugh Earns Hockey...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team’s freshman forward, Kathleen McHugh (Billerica, Mass.) was named Hockey East Pro Ambitions Rookie ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by No. 6 Boston College, 3-1, on Feb. 19, 2017. The Friars move to 16-15-3 (11-10-3 HE) and the...
Women's Ice Hockey Upends No...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated No. 6 Boston College, 4-1, on Saturday, Feb. 18 at Schneider Arena in Providence, R.I. The...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will play a home-and-home with the No. 6 Boston College Eagles. The Friars will host the Eagles on Feb. 18 at 2:00 p.m. and travel to Kelly Rink...
Women’s Hockey Comes...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Merrimack Warriors, 4-3, in overtime on Feb. 12. The Friars entered the third period down 3...