PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- Providence will host the Northeastern Huskies on Feb. 6 at 2:00 p.m. at Schneider Arena, to finish the Hockey East series.
- The Friars will travel to Storrs, Conn. on Feb. 7 for a 2:00 p.m. puck drop.
- Providence is 0-1-1 against UConn this season and will look to tie the series.
- Providence offers live updates via twitter @PCWHockey.
- There will be live stats and video for both games, which are provided in the links above.
Last time out...
- The Friars split a weekend series with Maine, finishing the series with the Black Bears,1-2-0.
- Cassidy Carels scored both Friar goals over the weekend.
- The junior forward now has 23 points on the season, passing her 2014-15 and 2013-14 totals (21).
- Madison Myers recorded her first collegiate shutout, with 20 saves against Maine on Jan. 31.
- The Freshman netminder made 40 saves through both games.
- The Huskies hold second place in Hockey East with 18 wins and two losses.
- Northeastern is led by Kendall Coyne, who has 38 goals and 28 assists for 66 points.
- Denisa Krizova is first among her teammates in assists with 32.
- Six different Huskies have recorded at least 20 points on the 2015-16 season.
- Brittany Bugalski has seen the most time in net for Northeastern, posting a .929 save percentage, 1.75 goals against average, and received the Hockey East Goaltender of the Month nod (Feb. 3).
- The Huskies have a 87.3% success rate on the penalty kill and a 24.2% power play conversion rate.
- Northeastern has a road record of 10-2-1 and a Hockey East road record of 8-1-0.
All Time series history...
- Providence leads the series 61-51-11
- The Friars lead 29-22-7 at Schneider Arena.
- Providence last played Northeastern on Jan. 13, 2016 and were defeated 5-1, where Kendall Coyne notched five points.
- Brooke Boquist scored the Friars’ lone goal, with 0.3 seconds remaining in the game.
- Cassidy Carels and Kate Friesen recorded assists on the Boquist power play goal.
- The Friars have only been able to score one goal against the Huskies this season.
- UConn hold the fourth place spot in the Hockey East standings.
- Theresa Knutson leads the Huskies in points, with 22 on eight assists and 14 goals.
- Justine Fredette is second among her teammates in points, and leads in helpers with 15.
- Elaine Chuli has posted a .942 save percentage and 2.28 goals against average in 17 games.
- The UConn power play has a 20.2 conversion rate and a 81.5% success rate on the penalty kill.
- UConn’s home record is 4-4-4 and in Hockey East games at Freitas, the Huskies have a 3-3-2 record.
All Time series history...
- Providence leads the series 39-14-1.
- When playing in Storrs, Conn. the Friars lead 14-11-2.
- The Friars faced the Huskies on Jan. 16 at Schneider Arena and skated to a 1-1 tie.
- On Jan. 17, Providence fell at Connecticut, 5-2.
- Cassidy Carels has tallied three points, two assists and one goal, against UConn.
- Christina Putigna notched the game tying goal on Jan. 16, and was assisted by Carels and Boquist.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Burzynski Added to Hockey...
The Hockey East Association announced today (July 20) that Providence College women's hockey's Natasia Burzynski (Rye, N.H.) was added to the Hockey East All...
Women's Hockey Announces...
Providence College women's hockey Head Coach Bob Deraney announced the program's seven-member incoming class set to begin play this fall for the Friars.
Eleven Women’s Hockey ...
It was announced by the Hockey East Association today (June 28) that 11 Providence College women’s hockey players were named to the league’s 2016...
Women’s Hockey Unveils...
Providence College women’s hockey Head Coach Bob Deraney announced today (June 13) the program’s 34-game schedule for 2017-18.
Christina Putigna Selected...
Providence College women’s hockey forward Christina Putigna (Grimsby, Ontario) has been selected to the Hockey Canada’s National Women’s...
Alanna Serviss '18 on the...
Alanna Serviss, the junior goalie for the Women's Ice Hockey team, was a guest on the college's podcast.
Women’s Ice Hockey...
It was announced today [April 24] by Providence College Athletics Director Bob Driscoll that women’s ice hockey Head Coach Bob Deraney has signed a...
Women's Hockey Holds End Of ...
The Providence College women’s hockey team held its annual year end awards banquet at Schneider Arena on April 23. The team honored its five graduating...