PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- Providence will host the Northeastern Huskies on Feb. 6 at 2:00 p.m. at Schneider Arena, to finish the Hockey East series.
- The Friars will travel to Storrs, Conn. on Feb. 7 for a 2:00 p.m. puck drop.
- Providence is 0-1-1 against UConn this season and will look to tie the series.
- Providence offers live updates via twitter @PCWHockey.
- There will be live stats and video for both games, which are provided in the links above.
Last time out...
- The Friars split a weekend series with Maine, finishing the series with the Black Bears,1-2-0.
- Cassidy Carels scored both Friar goals over the weekend.
- The junior forward now has 23 points on the season, passing her 2014-15 and 2013-14 totals (21).
- Madison Myers recorded her first collegiate shutout, with 20 saves against Maine on Jan. 31.
- The Freshman netminder made 40 saves through both games.
- The Huskies hold second place in Hockey East with 18 wins and two losses.
- Northeastern is led by Kendall Coyne, who has 38 goals and 28 assists for 66 points.
- Denisa Krizova is first among her teammates in assists with 32.
- Six different Huskies have recorded at least 20 points on the 2015-16 season.
- Brittany Bugalski has seen the most time in net for Northeastern, posting a .929 save percentage, 1.75 goals against average, and received the Hockey East Goaltender of the Month nod (Feb. 3).
- The Huskies have a 87.3% success rate on the penalty kill and a 24.2% power play conversion rate.
- Northeastern has a road record of 10-2-1 and a Hockey East road record of 8-1-0.
All Time series history...
- Providence leads the series 61-51-11
- The Friars lead 29-22-7 at Schneider Arena.
- Providence last played Northeastern on Jan. 13, 2016 and were defeated 5-1, where Kendall Coyne notched five points.
- Brooke Boquist scored the Friars’ lone goal, with 0.3 seconds remaining in the game.
- Cassidy Carels and Kate Friesen recorded assists on the Boquist power play goal.
- The Friars have only been able to score one goal against the Huskies this season.
- UConn hold the fourth place spot in the Hockey East standings.
- Theresa Knutson leads the Huskies in points, with 22 on eight assists and 14 goals.
- Justine Fredette is second among her teammates in points, and leads in helpers with 15.
- Elaine Chuli has posted a .942 save percentage and 2.28 goals against average in 17 games.
- The UConn power play has a 20.2 conversion rate and a 81.5% success rate on the penalty kill.
- UConn’s home record is 4-4-4 and in Hockey East games at Freitas, the Huskies have a 3-3-2 record.
All Time series history...
- Providence leads the series 39-14-1.
- When playing in Storrs, Conn. the Friars lead 14-11-2.
- The Friars faced the Huskies on Jan. 16 at Schneider Arena and skated to a 1-1 tie.
- On Jan. 17, Providence fell at Connecticut, 5-2.
- Cassidy Carels has tallied three points, two assists and one goal, against UConn.
- Christina Putigna notched the game tying goal on Jan. 16, and was assisted by Carels and Boquist.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Whitney Dove Wins Hockey...
The Providence College women’s hockey team claimed two major Hockey East end-of-year awards and placed three on the Honorable Mention All Star Team....
Carels won the Sportsmanship Award and Dove was named to the Pro Ambitions All-Rookie Team.
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by the Vermont Catamounts, 5-2. Providence finishes the season with a 17-17-3 overall record...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated, 5-1, by the Vermont Catamounts in the second game of the Hockey East Quarterfinals. The...
Women's Hockey Rallies To...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Vermont Catamounts, 5-4, on Feb. 24 at Schneider Arena. Kate Friesen (Altona, Manitoba) and...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
The Friars will host the Hockey East Quarterfinals as the No. 4 seed in the league, hosting No. 5 Vermont. The series will be best-of-three games, and the...
Kathleen McHugh Earns Hockey...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team’s freshman forward, Kathleen McHugh (Billerica, Mass.) was named Hockey East Pro Ambitions Rookie ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by No. 6 Boston College, 3-1, on Feb. 19, 2017. The Friars move to 16-15-3 (11-10-3 HE) and the...