Jan. 30, 2014
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- Providence will travel to Chestnut Hill, Mass. to take on seventh-ranked Boston College.
- The Friars and Eagles will face-off on Feb. 1 at 2:00 p.m. at Conte Forum.
- Boston College will be providing live stats as well as live streaming of the game.
- To access either feed CLICK HERE.
- Providence also offers live updates of all its games through its twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST TIME OUT...
- The last time out the Friars split a home-and-home series with Connecticut.
- On Jan. 25 Providence fell 3-1 at Freitas Ice Forum in Storrs, Conn.
- The Friars lone goal came from Brittney Thunstrom, who collected her third goal of the year on the shot.
- Haley Frade and Beth Hanrahan assisted on the play.
- The Friars bounced back to earn a 1-0 win at Schneider Arena on Jan. 26.
- Providence's game-winner came from Lexi Romanchuk, who tallied her third game-winning tally of the season.
- The Friars held the Huskies to just eight shots on goal throughout the game and zero in the third period.
- The last time Providence held an opponent to eight or fewer shots on goal was on Feb. 14, 2003, when the Friars allowed Quinnipiac eight shots on goal in a 4-1 road win.
- Sarah Bryant captured her third shutout with eight saves and first since Feb. 1, 2013 when Providence topped the Huskies 5-0 at Freitas Ice Forum.
- Bryant, in net, made 19 saves in that win.
SCOUTING THE EAGLES...
- The Eagles enter Saturday with six players that have captured a 20-plus point season thus far.
- Haley Skarupa leads Boston College with 26 points on a team-best 14 goals and 12 assists.
- The Eagles have scoring throughout its classes, with each class having a member as the top-four point scorers.
- The top-two scorers rank in the top-five among Hockey East players.
- Corinne Boyles has made 22 appearances in goal for Boston College this season.
- Her .937 save percentage leads all Hockey East goaltenders and her 1.82 goals against average also leads the league.
- Boston College enters the weekend with an 18-4-3 overall record and a 13-1-1 mark in Hockey East play.
- The Eagles enter the weekend on a nine game unbeaten streak with a record of 7-0-2.
- Last time out, Boston College swept New Hampshire in a home-and-home series with a 5-3 win on Jan. 25 and a 3-2 win on Jan. 26.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- Providence and Boston College have met a total of 74 times in the history of the two programs.
- The Friars lead the all-time series with a record of 50-21-3.
- In the last 10 meetings, Boston holds a 9-1-0 mark against the Friars.
- Earlier this season, Providence and the Eagles met for a home-and-home series.
- In the first meeting the Friars scored three goals in 1:30 minutes to cut a four goal deficit down to one.
- The Friars and Eagles skated to a season-high scoring game of 14 goals, with Boston College winning 8-6, in the first meeting.
- In the loss, four Friars notched multi-point games and two of the four tallied four-point games.
- Providence then fell 2-1 in overtime at Boston College on Nov. 3, Molly Illikainen tallying the lone Friar goal.
- Rebecca Morse leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Eagles with nine points on four goals and five assists in 12 games played.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Christina Putigna Selected...
Providence College women’s hockey forward Christina Putigna has been selected to the Hockey Canada’s National Women’s Program strength and ...
Women's Hockey Holds End...
The Providence College women’s hockey team held its annual year end banquet at Schneider Arena on April 17. The team honored its five graduating...
Christina Putigna Named To...
In an announcement made by the league on Mach 2, Christina Putigna (Grimsby, Ontario) was named to the Hockey East Pro Ambitions All-Rookie Team. Seven other...
Women’s Hockey Finish ...
The Providence College women’s hockey team finished their season with a quarterfinal loss against No. 6 Northeastern, 6-2. Northeastern notched two...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by No. 6 Northeastern in the first game of the best-of-three Hockey East Quarterfinal series....
Women's Hockey Set To...
Providence will play a best of three series at No. 6 Northeastern for the Hockey East Quarter Finals. Providence will travel to Boston, Mass. for a 2:00 p.m...
Women’s Hockey To...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team earned a spot in the 2016 Hockey East playoffs. Providence will play a best-of-three series at No. 6...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by No. 1 Boston College, 9-1. The Friars moved to 10-22-2 (6-16-2 WHEA) and the Eagles improved...