- Providence will host Boston College in the Hockey East season series finale on Friday, Jan. 30 at Schneider Arena for a 7:00 p.m. puck drop.
- The Eagles captured the first two games of the series on Oct. 31 and Nov. 1 in a home-and-home series.
- Following the BC game, the Friars will hit the road to play Vermont for the first time this season, on Sunday, Feb. 1 for a 2:00 p.m. game.
- Boston College enters the match-up unbeaten with a 24-0-1 overall record and a 15-0-0 mark in the Hockey East.
- The Eagles are led by Alex Carpenter who leads the nation in points (58), goals (24) and ranks second in the nation in assists (32).
- In net for the Eagles is Katie Burt, who leads the nation in wins (21) and save percentage (9.48), while ranking second in goals-against average (0.98)
- Burt has compiled a 21-0-1 record.
- Vermont enters the weekend with an 11-15-1 overall record and a 2-12-0 mark in conference play.
- Prior to Sunday's game with the Friars, the Catamounts will host Northeastern on Friday, Jan. 30.
- Brittany Zuback leads the team in goals with 15 and is tied for a team-best 22 points with her seven assists.
- Amanda Pelkey has the team-lead in assists with 13.
- Pelkey is tied for the point lead (22) with her nine goals.
- Madison Litchfield has played in 21 games in net, putting together a 2.88 goals-against average and a .899 save percentage for an 8-11-1 record.
- The Providence defense held the Huskies to one shot on goal in the first period of its game on Sunday, Jan. 26.
- The one shot was a season-best for the defense.
- For the game, the Friars held UConn to 18 total shots on goal, tying their season-best with their game at Brown on Nov. 28.
- Senior Brooke Simpson has scored goals in consecutive games and brings a two-game point streak into Friday night.
- Simpson notched the game-winning goal on Saturday, Jan. 24 against UConn and also tallied an assist.
- The forward had the team's only goal at UConn on Sunday, Jan. 25.
- Both seniors Beth Hanrahan and Simpson held a three-game point streak spanning from Jan. 6 to Jan. 11.
- Hanrahan started the streak off against RPI (Jan. 6) with two goals and one assist. She followed up with an assist over UNH at Schneider Arena (Jan. 10) and two assists and the game-winning goal at UNH (Jan. 11).
- Simpson's streak also started at RPI with an assist. She recorded an assist in the home UNH contest and a goal and an assist in the away match-up.
- Sophomore Liv Halvorson had a four-game point streak spanning from Nov. 9 vs. UConn through Nov. 22 at Maine. Her other points in the streak came against Northeastern (Nov. 15) and at Northeastern (Nov. 16). All of Halvorson's points were assists (five), including a two assist performance at Maine (Nov. 22).
- Sophomore Cassidy Carels also had a four-game point streak, hers started at Union (Nov. 7) and went through UConn (Nov. 9) and Northeastern (Nov. 15-16). Carels had two goals and three assists in the streak, including a two assist performance vs. UConn.
- Freshman Brooke Boquist ranks fourth in the conference in Hockey East games for face-offs with a percentage of .649.
- She is the top freshman in the category.
- The Friars are out shooting their opponents in nine of their last ten games, including six in a row.
- Providence is 4-5-1 in that span.
- In the first 16 games of the season Providence led in shots only twice.
- Providence split a Hockey East weekend home-and-home series against UConn on Saturday, Jan. 24 and Sunday, Jan. 25.
- The Friars captured the first game of the series at Schneider Arena, 4-1.
- Senior Brooke Simpson scored the game-winning goal.
- Senior Allison Micheletti notched two goals while senior Haley Frade also scored a goal.
- Junior Allie Morse made 29 saves in the win.
- Senior Beth Hanrahan tallied two assists in the contest.
- On Sunday, the Friars fell 4-1.
- Simpson scored the lone goal, finishing the weekend with two goals and one assist.
- Both Hanrahan and Micheletti assisted on the goal.
- Following the weekend the Friars hit the road to travel to nearby Boston to take on Northeastern in the Hockey East season series finale on Friday, Feb. 6 at 7:00 p.m.
- The teams split the first two games of the series with Providence winning the first game at Schneider Arena, 4-1, while Northeastern won the second game, 6-2, at Matthews Arena.
- To start the season, the Friars faced two-straight ranked opponents, No. 9/9 Mercyhurst (10/3-10/4) and No. 8/9 Clarkson (10/11-10/12).
- On Oct. 31 and Nov. 1 the Friars fell 8-0 and 4-1, respectively, to No. 2/3 Boston College.
- On Dec. 8 the Friars faced No. 4/5 Boston University, falling 3-1.
- In 2013-14, the Friars went 2-6-0 against ranked teams, defeating Mercyhurst and Boston University.
- As of the January 26 USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine) poll, all four schools still rank in the top-10.
- BC, BU and Clarkson rank in the top 10 in the USCHO.com poll while Mercyhurst is receiving votes.
- Senior forwards Beth Hanrahan and Haley Frade have played in every game of their careers (134). The streak began in 2011-12.
- Hanrahan has tallied 74 points on 44 goals and 30 assists for her career while Frade has put together 84 points on 29 goals and 55 assists.
- Both players are on pace to place in the top-five in career games played at Providence.
- The Hockey East Skating Strides initiative returns for a ninth season for the 2014-15 campaign with a total of 20 games being played in fundraising aimed at bringing awareness to women's hockey and breast cancer.
- So far the initiative has raised over $275,000 to date.
- Providence's game against Vermont at Schneider Arena on Saturday, Feb. 21 will be the team's Skating Strides game.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Burzynski Added to Hockey...
The Hockey East Association announced today (July 20) that Providence College women's hockey's Natasia Burzynski (Rye, N.H.) was added to the Hockey East All...
Women's Hockey Announces...
Providence College women's hockey Head Coach Bob Deraney announced the program's seven-member incoming class set to begin play this fall for the Friars.
Eleven Women’s Hockey ...
It was announced by the Hockey East Association today (June 28) that 11 Providence College women’s hockey players were named to the league’s 2016...
Women’s Hockey Unveils...
Providence College women’s hockey Head Coach Bob Deraney announced today (June 13) the program’s 34-game schedule for 2017-18.
Christina Putigna Selected...
Providence College women’s hockey forward Christina Putigna (Grimsby, Ontario) has been selected to the Hockey Canada’s National Women’s...
Alanna Serviss '18 on the...
Alanna Serviss, the junior goalie for the Women's Ice Hockey team, was a guest on the college's podcast.
Women’s Ice Hockey...
It was announced today [April 24] by Providence College Athletics Director Bob Driscoll that women’s ice hockey Head Coach Bob Deraney has signed a...
Women's Hockey Holds End Of ...
The Providence College women’s hockey team held its annual year end awards banquet at Schneider Arena on April 23. The team honored its five graduating...