Carels notched three-points against the Huskies earlier in the season.
Jan. 23, 2014
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- Providence and Connecticut will play a home-and-home series starting on Jan. 25 at Connecticut.
- The series will conclude on Jan. 26 at Schneider Arena.
- Both games will be 2:00 p.m. puck drops.
- The Huskies will have live stats and streaming available for Saturday's game through its website.
- The Friars will be providing live stats as well as live streaming with play-by-play by John Carchedi and color from Moira Sweeney.
- To access the feeds CLICK HERE.
- Providence also offers live updates of all its games through its twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST TIME OUT...
- Providence defeated ninth-ranked Boston University at Schneider Arena on Jan. 17.
- The Friars posted three unanswered goals to clinch the 4-3 come from behind win.
- Cassidy Carels led the Friars in the win with a contribution on each goal.
- The game-tying and game-winning goals were the highlights of Carel's career-best four point performance on Friday night.
- Haley Frade and Molly Illikainen both collected multi-point games for the Friars.
- Frade notched a career-high three assists, while Illikainen tallied an assist on both the game-tying and game-winning goals.
- Providence's special teams played a crucial role in the win, with a shorthanded tally and two power-play goals the Friars were able to capture the win.
- Providence held the Terriers to just three shots on goal in the third period.
- Sarah Bryant finished the game with 26 saves for her 10th win of the season.
- The Friars' win marked the second over a top-10 team this season and the first win over BU since Dec. 3, 2011.
- Providence finished the weekend with a 1-0 loss to the Maine Black Bears on Jan. 19 at Alfond Arena.
- Bryant finished the game with 22 saves for the third star of the game.
- The loss snapped a six game unbeaten streak against the Black Bears.
SCOUTING THE HUSKIES...
- The Huskies are led by Sarah MacDonnell, who has a team-high nine goals and 11 assists for a team-best 20 points.
- Michela Cava leads Connecticut in assists (13) and power-play goals (4).
- Elaine Chuli has played the majority of minutes in net for the Huskies after making 15 appearances this season.
- Chuli has a .920 save percentage on 482 saves and a 2.84 goals against average for a 4-10-1 overall record.
- The Huskies enter the weekend with a 6-16-2 overall mark and a record of 3-7-1 in Hockey East play.
- Connecticut last split a weekend series with New Hampshire.
- The Huskies took the win on Jan. 18 by a margin of 3-1 before falling 3-2 on Jan. 19 at New Hampshire.
- Before a 2-0 win over Vermont on Jan. 11, Connecticut was on a nine game winless streak.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- Providence and Connecticut have met a total of 51 times in the all-time series history.
- The Friars hold the edge in the series with an all-time record of 37-11-4.
- At Schneider, Providence has a 20-3-2 record, winning the last five home games against the Huskies.
- The Friars have won nine of the last ten games against the Huskies.
- The last time the two programs faced, the Friars fell 5-4 to Connecticut (Nov. 10).
- Providence saw Haley Frade and Cassidy Carels each notch two goals apiece.
- Frade earned the third star of the game with three points in that loss.
- Corinne Buie leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Huskies with 10 points on four goals and six assists.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women's Hockey Falls to...
The Providence College women's ice hockey team fell 2-0 in a Hockey East loss to the University of Maine Black Bears on Sunday, Jan. 18 at Schneider Arena....
Women's Hockey Hosts...
Providence will play Maine at Schneider Arena on Sunday, Jan. 18 to close out the season series between the two teams. The game is set for a 2:00 p.m. puck...
Hanrahan Named Hockey East...
Providence College women's hockey senior forward Beth Hanrahan (Poolesville, Md.) has been named Hockey East Warrior Player of the Week, it was announced by ...
Women's Hockey Tops UNH,...
The Providence College women's ice hockey team defeated New Hampshire 4-1 on Sunday afternoon at the Whittemore Center. Providence captured the season series...
Women's Hockey Earns 3-1...
The Providence College women's ice hockey team recorded a 3-1 Hockey East win over the University of New Hampshire Wildcats on Saturday Jan. 10 at Schneider ...
Women's Hockey Resumes...
Providence will play a home-and-home series against Hockey East foe New Hampshire on Saturday, Jan. 10 and Sunday, Jan.11. Saturday's game will be played at ...
Women's Hockey Ties RPI,...
The Providence College women's ice hockey team tied Rensselaer, 3-3, in a non-conference match-up at the Houston Field House on Tuesday afternoon. After...
Women's Hockey Travels...
Providence will travel to Troy, N.Y. to play against RPI in a non-conference match-up on Tuesday, January 6. Puck drop is set for 4:00 p.m. at the Houston...