Carels notched three-points against the Huskies earlier in the season.
Jan. 23, 2014
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- Providence and Connecticut will play a home-and-home series starting on Jan. 25 at Connecticut.
- The series will conclude on Jan. 26 at Schneider Arena.
- Both games will be 2:00 p.m. puck drops.
- The Huskies will have live stats and streaming available for Saturday's game through its website.
- The Friars will be providing live stats as well as live streaming with play-by-play by John Carchedi and color from Moira Sweeney.
- To access the feeds CLICK HERE.
- Providence also offers live updates of all its games through its twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST TIME OUT...
- Providence defeated ninth-ranked Boston University at Schneider Arena on Jan. 17.
- The Friars posted three unanswered goals to clinch the 4-3 come from behind win.
- Cassidy Carels led the Friars in the win with a contribution on each goal.
- The game-tying and game-winning goals were the highlights of Carel's career-best four point performance on Friday night.
- Haley Frade and Molly Illikainen both collected multi-point games for the Friars.
- Frade notched a career-high three assists, while Illikainen tallied an assist on both the game-tying and game-winning goals.
- Providence's special teams played a crucial role in the win, with a shorthanded tally and two power-play goals the Friars were able to capture the win.
- Providence held the Terriers to just three shots on goal in the third period.
- Sarah Bryant finished the game with 26 saves for her 10th win of the season.
- The Friars' win marked the second over a top-10 team this season and the first win over BU since Dec. 3, 2011.
- Providence finished the weekend with a 1-0 loss to the Maine Black Bears on Jan. 19 at Alfond Arena.
- Bryant finished the game with 22 saves for the third star of the game.
- The loss snapped a six game unbeaten streak against the Black Bears.
SCOUTING THE HUSKIES...
- The Huskies are led by Sarah MacDonnell, who has a team-high nine goals and 11 assists for a team-best 20 points.
- Michela Cava leads Connecticut in assists (13) and power-play goals (4).
- Elaine Chuli has played the majority of minutes in net for the Huskies after making 15 appearances this season.
- Chuli has a .920 save percentage on 482 saves and a 2.84 goals against average for a 4-10-1 overall record.
- The Huskies enter the weekend with a 6-16-2 overall mark and a record of 3-7-1 in Hockey East play.
- Connecticut last split a weekend series with New Hampshire.
- The Huskies took the win on Jan. 18 by a margin of 3-1 before falling 3-2 on Jan. 19 at New Hampshire.
- Before a 2-0 win over Vermont on Jan. 11, Connecticut was on a nine game winless streak.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- Providence and Connecticut have met a total of 51 times in the all-time series history.
- The Friars hold the edge in the series with an all-time record of 37-11-4.
- At Schneider, Providence has a 20-3-2 record, winning the last five home games against the Huskies.
- The Friars have won nine of the last ten games against the Huskies.
- The last time the two programs faced, the Friars fell 5-4 to Connecticut (Nov. 10).
- Providence saw Haley Frade and Cassidy Carels each notch two goals apiece.
- Frade earned the third star of the game with three points in that loss.
- Corinne Buie leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Huskies with 10 points on four goals and six assists.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women's Hockey Set To...
Providence will play a best of three series at No. 6 Northeastern for the Hockey East Quarter Finals. Providence will travel to Boston, Mass. for a 2:00 p.m...
Women’s Hockey To...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team earned a spot in the 2016 Hockey East playoffs. Providence will play a best-of-three series at No. 6...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by No. 1 Boston College, 9-1. The Friars moved to 10-22-2 (6-16-2 WHEA) and the Eagles improved...
Women's Hockey Defeated ...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated by No. 1 Boston College, 7-1. The Friars moved to 10-21-2 (6-15-2 WHEA) and the Eagles...
Providence To Close Regular ...
Providence will play a home-and-home series with No. 1 Boston College for the final two regular season game in the series. With a three point weekend, the...
Women's Hockey Ties...
The Providence College women’s hockey team tied Merrimack College, 2-2. Merrimack scored two power play goals to come back from a two-goal deficit. The...
Women’s Hockey Downs...
The Providence College women’s hockey team clinched a spot in the Hockey East playoffs with a 4-1 win over Merrimack. Christina Putigna (Grimsby,...
Women's Hockey To Play...
Providence will play a home-and-home series with Merrimack. The Friars will travel to North Andover, Mass. on Feb. 13 for a 2:00 p.m. puck drop at Lawler...