Carels notched three-points against the Huskies earlier in the season.
Jan. 23, 2014
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- Providence and Connecticut will play a home-and-home series starting on Jan. 25 at Connecticut.
- The series will conclude on Jan. 26 at Schneider Arena.
- Both games will be 2:00 p.m. puck drops.
- The Huskies will have live stats and streaming available for Saturday's game through its website.
- The Friars will be providing live stats as well as live streaming with play-by-play by John Carchedi and color from Moira Sweeney.
- To access the feeds CLICK HERE.
- Providence also offers live updates of all its games through its twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST TIME OUT...
- Providence defeated ninth-ranked Boston University at Schneider Arena on Jan. 17.
- The Friars posted three unanswered goals to clinch the 4-3 come from behind win.
- Cassidy Carels led the Friars in the win with a contribution on each goal.
- The game-tying and game-winning goals were the highlights of Carel's career-best four point performance on Friday night.
- Haley Frade and Molly Illikainen both collected multi-point games for the Friars.
- Frade notched a career-high three assists, while Illikainen tallied an assist on both the game-tying and game-winning goals.
- Providence's special teams played a crucial role in the win, with a shorthanded tally and two power-play goals the Friars were able to capture the win.
- Providence held the Terriers to just three shots on goal in the third period.
- Sarah Bryant finished the game with 26 saves for her 10th win of the season.
- The Friars' win marked the second over a top-10 team this season and the first win over BU since Dec. 3, 2011.
- Providence finished the weekend with a 1-0 loss to the Maine Black Bears on Jan. 19 at Alfond Arena.
- Bryant finished the game with 22 saves for the third star of the game.
- The loss snapped a six game unbeaten streak against the Black Bears.
SCOUTING THE HUSKIES...
- The Huskies are led by Sarah MacDonnell, who has a team-high nine goals and 11 assists for a team-best 20 points.
- Michela Cava leads Connecticut in assists (13) and power-play goals (4).
- Elaine Chuli has played the majority of minutes in net for the Huskies after making 15 appearances this season.
- Chuli has a .920 save percentage on 482 saves and a 2.84 goals against average for a 4-10-1 overall record.
- The Huskies enter the weekend with a 6-16-2 overall mark and a record of 3-7-1 in Hockey East play.
- Connecticut last split a weekend series with New Hampshire.
- The Huskies took the win on Jan. 18 by a margin of 3-1 before falling 3-2 on Jan. 19 at New Hampshire.
- Before a 2-0 win over Vermont on Jan. 11, Connecticut was on a nine game winless streak.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- Providence and Connecticut have met a total of 51 times in the all-time series history.
- The Friars hold the edge in the series with an all-time record of 37-11-4.
- At Schneider, Providence has a 20-3-2 record, winning the last five home games against the Huskies.
- The Friars have won nine of the last ten games against the Huskies.
- The last time the two programs faced, the Friars fell 5-4 to Connecticut (Nov. 10).
- Providence saw Haley Frade and Cassidy Carels each notch two goals apiece.
- Frade earned the third star of the game with three points in that loss.
- Corinne Buie leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Huskies with 10 points on four goals and six assists.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Beth Hanrahan Captures...
Providence College women's hockey senior forward Beth Hanrahan (Poolesville, Md.) has been named the recipient of the Hockey East Sportsmanship Award it was ...
Women's Hockey Announces...
The Providence College women's hockey team signed seven players to National Letters of Intent for the 2015-16 season. Natasia Burzynski, Kate Friesen,...
Women's Hockey Falls At BC...
The Providence College women's ice hockey team was defeated by No. 1 Boston College, 8-0, in the Hockey East Quarterfinals on Saturday night at the Conte...
Women's Hockey Defeated,...
The Providence College women's ice hockey team was defeated by No. 1 Boston College, 6-2, in the first game of the Hockey East Quarterfinals on Friday night ...
Women's Hockey Set For...
Providence will travel to Chestnut Hill, Mass. to face Boston College in a best-of-three series for the Hockey East Quarterfinals, held Friday, Feb. 27...
Women's Hockey Falls to ...
The Providence College women's ice hockey team posted a 3-2 loss against the University of Vermont Catamounts in the team's final regular season game on...
Women's Hockey Comeback...
After a two-goal third period to tie the game, the Providence College women's ice hockey team fell to the University of Vermont Catamounts by a score of 3-2,...
Great Promotions to Finish...
The Providence College Athletic Department is excited about some upcoming promotions at Friar home games.