PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
Full Game Notes vs. Boston U
- Providence will face Boston University in a home-and-home series.
- The Friars will travel to Boston University to play the Terriers at 3:00 p.m. on Jan. 23 at Agganis Arena.
- The Terriers play most of their home games at Walter Brown Arena, but will face the Friars at Agganis Arena on Jan. 23.
- Providence will host the Terriers at 2:00 p.m. on Jan. 24 at Schneider Arena to conclude the Hockey East series.
- The game on Jan. 24 will be the Friars Skating Strides Against Breast Cancer, where the program has raised money for the Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation.
- Providence offers live updates via twitter @PCWHockey.
- There will be live stats and video for both games, and are provided in the links above.
Last time out...
- The Friars completed their first home-and-home series with UConn and finished the weekend 0-1-1.
- Providence hosted the Huskies and skated to a 1-1 overtime tie on Jan. 16.
- The Huskies defeated the Friars, 5-2, at the Freitas Ice Forum on Jan. 17, despite being outshot 31to 25.
- Christina Putigna collected the game tying goal on Jan. 16, assisted by Cassidy Carels and Brooke Boquist.
- Carels notched two more points on the weekend, with a goal and an assist on Jan. 17.
- Blair Parent added her second goal of the season, and her first power play goal. Romanchuk and Carels added assists.
- Carels scored the Friars’ second goal of the game on Jan. 17 and was assisted by Friesen.
SCOUTING THE Terriers...
- The Boston University Terriers hold a 14-9-2 (11-4-2 WHEA) record.
- The Terriers sit in third place in Hockey East with 24 points in 17 games.
- BU is led by Rebecca Leslie, with 31 points. Leslie has collected 25 assists and six goals.
- Victoria Bach leads in scoring for the Terriers, with 14.
- Sarah Lefort has notched five power play goals.
- Erin O’Neil has spent the majority of time between the pipes for the Terriers, spending 961:24 minutes in net. O’Neil has collected 428 saves and posted a .899 save percentage and 3.00 goals against average.
- BU’s power play has a 20.7% conversion rate, while their penalty kill has a 80.6% success rate.
- The Terriers are 6-2-0 at home in Hockey East games.
- In Hockey East road play, BU is 5-2-2.
All Time series history...
- Providence leads the series 39-13-5.
- The Friars lead 21-3-3 at Schneider Arena.
- When playing in Storrs, Conn. the Friars lead 14-10-2.
- The Friars have not faced the Huskies yet in the 2015-16
CARELS and romanchuk IN THE SECOND HALF...
- Carels is currently on a four game point streak, with five points.
- In seven games, Carels has registered seven points.
- The junior forward recorded 13 points in the first 17 games of the season.
- Romanchuk has added four of her 13 points in the last seven games.
- The senior captain tallied nine points last year and 35.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women's Hockey Notes vs....
The Friars play two road games at Syracuse this weekend. First, the teams face-off on Friday afternoon at 3:00 p.m. The second game of the series is on...
Women's Hockey Shutout at...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team fell to the Quinnipiac Bobcats by a score of 1-0 on Saturday afternoon in Hamden, Conn.
Women's Hockey Tops Quinnipiac
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated Quinnipiac University, 3-1, in Friday night’s non-conference game at Schneider Arena.
Women's Ice Hockey Game...
The Friars play a home-and-home series with the Quinnipiac Bobcats this weekend. Friday night’s game is at Schneider Arena at 7:00 p.m. Saturday’...
Whitney Dove Named Hockey...
Whitney Dove (Port Moody, British Columbia) of the Providence College women’s ice hockey team was named the Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week on...
Women's Hockey Tops Vermont
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the University of Vermont, 6-2, in the Hockey East opener at Schneider Arena on Sunday afternoon.
Seven Different Friars Score...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Union College Dutchwomen, 7-3, on Friday night at Messa Rink.
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
The Friars visit Union on Friday, Sept. 29 at 6:00 p.m. and host Vermont on Sunday, Oct. 1 at 2:00 p.m.