Jan. 19, 2014
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- Providence will take on the Maine Black Bears in a 1:00 p.m. slate on Sunday, Jan. 19.
- The Friars and Black Bears will wrap-up their three-game Hockey East series at Alfond Arena in Orono, Maine.
- The Black Bears will be providing live stats as well as live streaming of the game.
- To access the feeds CLICK HERE.
- Providence also offers live updates of all its games through its twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST TIME OUT...
- Providence defeated ninth-ranked Boston University at Schneider Arena on Jan. 17.
- The Friars posted three unanswered goals to clinch the 4-3 come from behind win.
- Cassidy Carels led the Friars in the win with a contribution on each goal.
- The game-tying and game-winning goals were the highlights of Carel's career-best four point performance on Friday night.
- Haley Frade and Molly Illikainen both collected multi-point games for the Friars.
- Frade notched a career-high three assists, while Illikainen tallied an assist on both the game-tying and game-winning goals.
- Providence's special teams played a crucial role in the win, with a shorthanded tally and two power-play goals the Friars were able to capture the win.
- Providence held the Terriers to just three shots on goal in the third period.
- Sarah Bryant finished the game with 26 saves for her 10th win of the season.
- The Friars' win marked the second over a top-10 team this season and the first win over BU since Dec. 3, 2011.
SCOUTING THE BLACK BEARS...
- The Black Bears enter Sunday with a 0-8-3 mark in Hockey East play and a 2-14-5 overall record.
- Maine is led by a pair of seniors, Brianne Kilgour and Kelly McDonald, who have each notched a team-best 10 points on the season.
- Meghann Treacy and Mariah Fujimagari have split time in net for the Black Bears as of late.
- Both Treacy and Fujimagari have collected a .894 save percentage in net.
- Treacy holds a 3.69 goals against average in 16 games and 862:27 minutes played, while Fujimagari holds a 3.17 goals against average in 8 games and 415:52 minutes this season.
- Last time out, Maine fell 5-3 to Boston University on Jan. 11 on home ice.
- Audra Richards and Kilgour notched the goals for Maine against the Terriers.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- The Friars and Black Bears have met a total of 50 times in the history of the two programs.
- Providence and Maine first met on Jan. 8, 1999, when the Friars defeated the Black Bears 3-1 at Alfond Arena.
- The Friars lead the all-time series between the two programs with an overall mark of 38-3-9.
- In the last 10 meetings the Friars are 8-1-1, including a six game unbeaten streak (2/25/12-11/24/13).
- Earlier this season, the Friars and Black Bears faced in a two-game series at Schneider Arena.
- Providence swept the weekend with wins of 8-1 (Nov. 23) and 4-2 (Nov. 24).
- Corinne Buie leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Black Bears with 20 points in 13 career games against Maine.
- Sarah Bryant has collected a 5-0-0 record with 93 career saves against Maine.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women’s Hockey Comes...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Merrimack Warriors, 4-3, in overtime on Feb. 12. The Friars entered the third period down 3...
Women’s Hockey Ties...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team tied the University of Vermont Catamounts on Feb. 10, 2017. Providence moves to 14-14-3 and 9-9-3 in...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will play at 2:00 p.m. on Feb. 10 at Vermont and on Feb. 12 at Merrimack at 2:00 p.m. Both games will close out the Hockey East series with the...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated by the University of Connecticut, 2-1, on Sunday, Feb. 5 at Schneider Arena in Providence, ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was edged by Northeastern, 4-3, in overtime on Feb. 3. The Friars move to 14-13-2 overall and 9-8-2 in...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will face two different Husky opponents. The Friars will travel to Boston, Mass. for a 2:00 p.m. puck drop on Feb. 3 at Northeastern's Matthew's...
Bob Deraney Claims 300th...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Maine Black Bears on Jan. 22 to complete the weekend sweep in Orono. The Friars improve to ...
Women’s Hockey Rallies...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Maine Black Bears, despite being down 3-2 after the first period. Providence improves to 13...