Women's Hockey Travels To Orono For Road Game With Maine
The Friars are currently on a six game unbeaten streak against Maine.
Corinne Buie leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Black Bears with 20 points.
Jan. 19, 2014
Game Notes at Maine
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- Providence will take on the Maine Black Bears in a 1:00 p.m. slate on Sunday, Jan. 19.
- The Friars and Black Bears will wrap-up their three-game Hockey East series at Alfond Arena in Orono, Maine.
- The Black Bears will be providing live stats as well as live streaming of the game.
- To access the feeds CLICK HERE.
- Providence also offers live updates of all its games through its twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST TIME OUT...
- Providence defeated ninth-ranked Boston University at Schneider Arena on Jan. 17.
- The Friars posted three unanswered goals to clinch the 4-3 come from behind win.
- Cassidy Carels led the Friars in the win with a contribution on each goal.
- The game-tying and game-winning goals were the highlights of Carel's career-best four point performance on Friday night.
- Haley Frade and Molly Illikainen both collected multi-point games for the Friars.
- Frade notched a career-high three assists, while Illikainen tallied an assist on both the game-tying and game-winning goals.
- Providence's special teams played a crucial role in the win, with a shorthanded tally and two power-play goals the Friars were able to capture the win.
- Providence held the Terriers to just three shots on goal in the third period.
- Sarah Bryant finished the game with 26 saves for her 10th win of the season.
- The Friars' win marked the second over a top-10 team this season and the first win over BU since Dec. 3, 2011.
SCOUTING THE BLACK BEARS...
- The Black Bears enter Sunday with a 0-8-3 mark in Hockey East play and a 2-14-5 overall record.
- Maine is led by a pair of seniors, Brianne Kilgour and Kelly McDonald, who have each notched a team-best 10 points on the season.
- Meghann Treacy and Mariah Fujimagari have split time in net for the Black Bears as of late.
- Both Treacy and Fujimagari have collected a .894 save percentage in net.
- Treacy holds a 3.69 goals against average in 16 games and 862:27 minutes played, while Fujimagari holds a 3.17 goals against average in 8 games and 415:52 minutes this season.
- Last time out, Maine fell 5-3 to Boston University on Jan. 11 on home ice.
- Audra Richards and Kilgour notched the goals for Maine against the Terriers.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- The Friars and Black Bears have met a total of 50 times in the history of the two programs.
- Providence and Maine first met on Jan. 8, 1999, when the Friars defeated the Black Bears 3-1 at Alfond Arena.
- The Friars lead the all-time series between the two programs with an overall mark of 38-3-9.
- In the last 10 meetings the Friars are 8-1-1, including a six game unbeaten streak (2/25/12-11/24/13).
- Earlier this season, the Friars and Black Bears faced in a two-game series at Schneider Arena.
- Providence swept the weekend with wins of 8-1 (Nov. 23) and 4-2 (Nov. 24).
- Corinne Buie leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Black Bears with 20 points in 13 career games against Maine.
- Sarah Bryant has collected a 5-0-0 record with 93 career saves against Maine.
The Last Meeting
November 24, 2013