- Providence will play Maine at Schneider Arena on Sunday, Jan. 18 to close out the season series between the two teams.
- The game is set for a 2:00 p.m. puck drop.
- Both teams split a weekend series in Orono with Maine taking the front end, 3-2 (Nov. 22), while the Friars captured the second game, 2-1, in overtime (Nov. 23).
- Maine enters the contest with a 7-11-3 overall record and a 6-4-1 mark in the Hockey East.
- The Black Bears currently stand in third place in the WHEA with 13 points, which is two ahead of Northeastern (fourth) and four ahead of Providence (fifth).
- Maine is winless in its last four games.
- The games in the streak included losses to Hockey East foes Boston University, 5-3, (Jan. 10) and Boston College, 8-1 (Dec. 5).
- The other two games come against non-conference opponent Union, with a 2-0 loss on Dec. 12 and a 1-1 overtime tie on Dec. 13.
- Audra Richards leads the team with a team-high seven goals and five assists for 12 points.
- Morgan Sakundiak, Brooke Stacey and Brittany Huneke share the team lead for most assists, with six apiece.
- Meaghann Tracy has seen the majority of time in net with 18 games played for a 6-10-2 record.
- The senior has combined for a 2.38 goals-against average, a .926 save percentage and one shutout.
- Hanrahan was named Hockey East Warrior Player of the Week on Jan. 12 after helping Providence to a weekend sweep over UNH (1/10-1/11) and a tie at RPI (1/6).
- Against RPI to start off the week, Hanrahan had the game-tying goal in the third period in addition to gathering an assist earlier in the contest.
- Versus UNH on Saturday at Schneider Arena, Hanrahan recorded an empty net goal to seal the Friars' 3-1 victory.
- In the series finale on Sunday, the senior scored the game-winning goal as well as assisting the first goal of the game and the last goal of the game in a 4-1 win.
- Senior Beth Hanrahan and sophomore Cassidy Carels both recorded three points in the Friars' 4-1 win over UNH on Jan. 12.
- Hanrahan recorded the game-winning goal in addition to assisting on the first and last goals of the contest.
- Hanrahan has registered three points in two other games this season, at RPI (Jan. 6) and vs. UConn (Nov. 9).
- Carels capped of the game by scoring the final goal. She assisted the game winner as well as the third goal.
- Senior forward Beth Hanrahan has scored nine goals in her last nine games.
- Hanrahan scored just three goals in the opening 14 games of the season.
- She has had three games with two goals; at Maine (2-1 OT win), vs. Brown (4-2 win) and RPI (3-3 OT).
- Hanrahan has also contributed four assists in the nine-game span.
- The forward is currently tied for third in the Hockey East for conference game-winning goals with two.
- Both seniors Beth Hanrahan and Brooke Simpson currently have a three-game point streaks.
- Hanrahan started the streak off against RPI (Jan. 6) with two goals and one assist performance. She followed up with an assist over UNH at Schneider Arena (Jan. 10) and two assists and the game-winning goal at UNH (Jan. 11).
- Simpson's streak also started at RPI with an assist. She also recorded an assist in the home UNH contest and a goal and an assist in the away match-up.
- Freshman Brooke Boquist ranks third in the conference in Hockey East games for face-offs with a percentage of .649.
- She is the top freshman in the category.
- The Friars recorded their first weekend sweep of the season against UNH on Saturday, Jan. 10 and Sunday, Jan. 11 to earn a valuable four points in Hockey East play.
- Providence avenged a loss to the Wildcats earlier in the year, to capture the season series 2-1.
- The Friars are out shooting their opponents in six for the last seven games, including three in a row.
- Providence is 3-3-1 in that span.
- In the first 16 games of the season Providence led in shots only twice.
- Providence gained a valuable four points in Hockey East play with a weekend sweep over UNH this past Saturday and Sunday.
- The Friars won the first game, 3-1, behind goals from sophomore Liv Halvorson, freshman Madison Sansone and senior Beth Hanrahan.
- Senior Haley Frade assisted on the first two goals of the game.
- Junior Allie Morse stopped 21 shots while giving up only one goal.
- In Providence's second game, a 4-1 win, the Friars received goals from senior Brooke Simpson, Hanrahan, freshman Brooke Boquist and sophomore Cassidy Carels.
- Both Hanrahan and Carels had a three-point performance with one goal and two assists each.
- Simpson contributed a two-point performance on one goal and one assist.
- Morse stopped 22 shots in the game.
- Following the single Hockey East match-up against Maine the Friars will play in a home-and home against UConn.
- Providence will host the front end of the series on Saturday, Jan. 24 for a 1:00 p.m. game while UConn will host the following day (Sunday, Jan. 25) for the finale at 2:00 p.m.
- The teams tied in the first meeting of the season, a 4-4 overtime tie at Schneider Arena.
- Senior forwards Beth Hanrahan and Haley Frade have played in every game of their careers (131). The streak began in 2011-12.
- Hanrahan has tallied 71 points on 44 goals and 27 assists for her career while Frade has put together 82 points on 28 goals and 54 assists.
- Both players are on pace to place in the top-five in career games played at Providence.
- The Hockey East Skating Strides initiative returns for a ninth season for the 2014-15 campaign with a total of 20 games being played in fundraising aimed at bringing awareness to women's hockey and breast cancer.
- So far the initiative has raised over $275,000 to date.
- Providence's game against Vermont at Schneider Arena on Saturday, Feb. 21 will be the team's Skating Strides game.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Providence College Women's...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team fell to Syracuse University, 2-1, on Friday afternoon at Tennity Ice Pavilion.
Women's Hockey Notes vs....
The Friars play two road games at Syracuse this weekend. First, the teams face-off on Friday afternoon at 3:00 p.m. The second game of the series is on...
Women's Hockey Shutout at...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team fell to the Quinnipiac Bobcats by a score of 1-0 on Saturday afternoon in Hamden, Conn.
Women's Hockey Tops Quinnipiac
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated Quinnipiac University, 3-1, in Friday night’s non-conference game at Schneider Arena.
Women's Ice Hockey Game...
The Friars play a home-and-home series with the Quinnipiac Bobcats this weekend. Friday night’s game is at Schneider Arena at 7:00 p.m. Saturday’...
Whitney Dove Named Hockey...
Whitney Dove (Port Moody, British Columbia) of the Providence College women’s ice hockey team was named the Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week on...
Women's Hockey Tops Vermont
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the University of Vermont, 6-2, in the Hockey East opener at Schneider Arena on Sunday afternoon.
Seven Different Friars Score...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Union College Dutchwomen, 7-3, on Friday night at Messa Rink.