PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
Full Game Notes vs. UConn
- Providence will face the UConn in a home-and-home series.
- The Friars will host the first game at 2:00 p.m. on Jan. 16 and the Huskies will host at 2:00 p.m. on Jan. 17.
- The game on Jan. 16 will be the first time the teams will face for the 2015-16 season.
- Providence offers live updates via twitter @PCWHockey.
- There will be live stats and video for both games, and are provided in the links above.
Last time out...
- The Friars were defeated by No. 8 Northeastern, 5-1, on Jan. 13.
- Brooke Boquist scored a power play goal with 0.3 seconds remaining in the game.
- Kate Friesen and Cassidy Carels registered assists on the goal.
- Blair Parent registered a three point weekend with a goal and two assists.
- Romanchuk, Boquist, and Putigna each earned Hockey East Top Performer accolades on Jan. 11.
- Allie Morse saw 13:29 minutes in net for the Friars and is the first time she has been between the pipes for the Friars since Oct. 25, when the Friars played Northeastern in Boston, Mass. Morse did not allow a goal against.
SCOUTING THE Huskies...
- The University of Connecticut Huskies hold an 8-9-4 (4-6-2 WHEA) record.
- The Huskies are currently tied for fourth place in Hockey East with 10 points in 12 games played.
- UConn is led Justine Fredette, with 18 points. Fredette also leads in power play goals (3) and assists (12).
- Theresa Knuston leads the Huskies in goals, with eight.
- Elaine Chuli and Annie Belanger have nearly split time in net for the Huskies this season.
- Chuli has recorded 662:25 minutes between the pipes, registering a .948 save percentage and a 2.17 goals against average.
- Belanger has spent 613:50 minutes in net and recorded a .907 save percentage and 2.64 goals against average. Belanger leads in wins, with five.
- UConn’s power play has a 22.4% conversion rate, while the team’s penalty kill has an 82% success rate.
- The Huskies have a 4-6-0 road record and are 2-4-0 in Hockey East road play.
- UConn’s home record is 3-2-4 and 2-2-2 in Hockey East home games.
All Time series history...
- Providence leads the series 39-13-5.
- The Friars lead 21-3-3 at Schneider Arena.
- When playing in Storrs, Conn. the Friars lead 14-10-2.
- The Friars have not faced the Huskies yet in the 2015-16
Official StoreOfficial Online
Whitney Dove Wins Hockey...
The Providence College women’s hockey team claimed two major Hockey East end-of-year awards and placed three on the Honorable Mention All Star Team....
Carels won the Sportsmanship Award and Dove was named to the Pro Ambitions All-Rookie Team.
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by the Vermont Catamounts, 5-2. Providence finishes the season with a 17-17-3 overall record...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated, 5-1, by the Vermont Catamounts in the second game of the Hockey East Quarterfinals. The...
Women's Hockey Rallies To...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Vermont Catamounts, 5-4, on Feb. 24 at Schneider Arena. Kate Friesen (Altona, Manitoba) and...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
The Friars will host the Hockey East Quarterfinals as the No. 4 seed in the league, hosting No. 5 Vermont. The series will be best-of-three games, and the...
Kathleen McHugh Earns Hockey...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team’s freshman forward, Kathleen McHugh (Billerica, Mass.) was named Hockey East Pro Ambitions Rookie ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by No. 6 Boston College, 3-1, on Feb. 19, 2017. The Friars move to 16-15-3 (11-10-3 HE) and the...