Jan. 15, 2014
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- Providence will be playing host to ninth-ranked Boston University on Friday, Jan. 17.
- The Friars and Terriers will be meeting for the first time this season.
- The puck is set to drop at 7:00 p.m. in Schneider Arena.
- Providence will be providing live stats as well as live streaming with play-by-play from John Carchedi.
- To access the feeds click on the above links.
- Providence also offers live updates of all its games through its twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST TIME OUT...
- The Friars split a home-and-home series with New Hampshire, with both teams taking the win on their respective home ice.
- On Jan. 10, the Friars fell 4-1 to the Wildcats at the Whittemore Center.
- Providence's lone goal was scored by Rebecca Morse.
- The Friars bounced back with a 4-1 win at Schneider Arena on Jan. 11.
- Allison Micheletti led the Friars with a career-best two-goal performance.
- Cassidy Carels tallied her 11th goal with her second game-winning tally of the season.
- With her 11th goal, Carels is one of just 33 Friars to notch 11 or more goals as a freshman.
- Corinne Buie eclipsed the 100 career point plateau with two assists in the win.
- Stephanie Demars also found her name on the score sheet on Saturday, with her third tally of the season.
- Sarah Bryant played in net for the Friars in both games, making 43 saves for a .915 save percentage and a 2.05 goals against average on the weekend.
SCOUTING THE TERRIERS...
- The Terriers enter Friday with one league loss and nine wins for a second place standing in the league.
- Boston University's one loss came against Boston College on Jan. 8, when the Terriers fell 4-1.
- They are led by sophomore forward Sarah Lefort, who has captured a league-best 30 points on team-bests 17 goals and 13 assists.
- Lefort also leads the Terriers with six game-winning tallies.
- Seven Terriers have notched double digit points, while 19 players have at least one point on the season.
- Senior goaltender Kerrin Sperry has logged the majority of minutes in net for the Terriers, making 18 appearances in goal this season.
- Sperry has earned a .933 save percentage and a 2.06 goals against average in 1050:24 minutes.
- Both her save percentage and goals against average rank second among league goaltenders.
- The Terriers have gone 7-3-0 in their last 10 games, including a 5-3 win over Maine (Jan. 11) in their last time out.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- The Friars and Terriers have met a total of 41 times in the history of the two programs.
- Last season the two teams faced a total of four times, including a semifinal showdown, where the Terriers defeated the Friars 4-0 on March 9, 2013.
- Providence leads the all-time series history with a 25-14-2 record, including a 16-2-1 record at Schneider Arena.
- The last time Providence defeated Boston University was on Dec. 3, 2011 at Schneider Arena, when the Friars defeated the Terriers, 4-3.
- Corinne Buie leads the Friars in all-time points (2-1-3) against the Terriers.
- Sarah Bryant has logged the majority of minutes in net against the Terriers with a 0-3-0 record.
- Nina Riley has captured a 0-2-0 record against the Terriers and holds a 3.62 goals against average and a .885 save percentage.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Avery Fransoo Named Hockey...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team’s freshman defender, Avery Fransoo (North Battleford, Saskatchewan), was named Hockey East Pro...
Women's Hockey Defeats UConn...
The Providence College women’s hockey team defeated the University of Connecticut, 4-1, on Sunday, Jan. 15 at Schneider Arena in Providence, R.I.
Women’s Hockey Wins At...
The Providence College women’s hockey team defeated UConn, 5-2, on Saturday, Jan. 14 at the Freitas Ice Forum in Storrs, Conn. With the win, the...
Women's Hockey To Play A...
Providence will play a home-and-home series with Hockey East opponent UConn. The Friars will travel to Storrs to face the Huskies at 2:00 p.m. on Sat. Jan....
Clare Minnerath Named Hockey...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team’s freshman netminder, Clare Minnerath (Sartell, Minn.) was named Hockey East Pro Ambitions Rookie ...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by the Cornell University Big Red, 5-1. The Friars move to 10-11-1 and Cornell improves to 9-5-...
Women’s Hockey Shuts...
The Providence College women’s hockey team defeat the Cornell Big Red on Jan. 6, 2017 at Lynah Rink in Ithaca, N.Y. The Friars scored two second period...
Women's Hockey Play Cornell ...
Providence will play the non-conference series at Cornell on Friday, January 6 at 6:00 p.m. and Saturday, January 7 at 3:00 p.m. in Ithaca, N.Y.