Jan. 15, 2014
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- Providence will be playing host to ninth-ranked Boston University on Friday, Jan. 17.
- The Friars and Terriers will be meeting for the first time this season.
- The puck is set to drop at 7:00 p.m. in Schneider Arena.
- Providence will be providing live stats as well as live streaming with play-by-play from John Carchedi.
- To access the feeds click on the above links.
- Providence also offers live updates of all its games through its twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST TIME OUT...
- The Friars split a home-and-home series with New Hampshire, with both teams taking the win on their respective home ice.
- On Jan. 10, the Friars fell 4-1 to the Wildcats at the Whittemore Center.
- Providence's lone goal was scored by Rebecca Morse.
- The Friars bounced back with a 4-1 win at Schneider Arena on Jan. 11.
- Allison Micheletti led the Friars with a career-best two-goal performance.
- Cassidy Carels tallied her 11th goal with her second game-winning tally of the season.
- With her 11th goal, Carels is one of just 33 Friars to notch 11 or more goals as a freshman.
- Corinne Buie eclipsed the 100 career point plateau with two assists in the win.
- Stephanie Demars also found her name on the score sheet on Saturday, with her third tally of the season.
- Sarah Bryant played in net for the Friars in both games, making 43 saves for a .915 save percentage and a 2.05 goals against average on the weekend.
SCOUTING THE TERRIERS...
- The Terriers enter Friday with one league loss and nine wins for a second place standing in the league.
- Boston University's one loss came against Boston College on Jan. 8, when the Terriers fell 4-1.
- They are led by sophomore forward Sarah Lefort, who has captured a league-best 30 points on team-bests 17 goals and 13 assists.
- Lefort also leads the Terriers with six game-winning tallies.
- Seven Terriers have notched double digit points, while 19 players have at least one point on the season.
- Senior goaltender Kerrin Sperry has logged the majority of minutes in net for the Terriers, making 18 appearances in goal this season.
- Sperry has earned a .933 save percentage and a 2.06 goals against average in 1050:24 minutes.
- Both her save percentage and goals against average rank second among league goaltenders.
- The Terriers have gone 7-3-0 in their last 10 games, including a 5-3 win over Maine (Jan. 11) in their last time out.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- The Friars and Terriers have met a total of 41 times in the history of the two programs.
- Last season the two teams faced a total of four times, including a semifinal showdown, where the Terriers defeated the Friars 4-0 on March 9, 2013.
- Providence leads the all-time series history with a 25-14-2 record, including a 16-2-1 record at Schneider Arena.
- The last time Providence defeated Boston University was on Dec. 3, 2011 at Schneider Arena, when the Friars defeated the Terriers, 4-3.
- Corinne Buie leads the Friars in all-time points (2-1-3) against the Terriers.
- Sarah Bryant has logged the majority of minutes in net against the Terriers with a 0-3-0 record.
- Nina Riley has captured a 0-2-0 record against the Terriers and holds a 3.62 goals against average and a .885 save percentage.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women's Hockey Holds End Of ...
The Providence College women’s hockey team held its annual year end awards banquet at Schneider Arena on April 23. The team honored its five graduating...
Whitney Dove Wins Hockey...
The Providence College women’s hockey team claimed two major Hockey East end-of-year awards and placed three on the Honorable Mention All Star Team....
Carels won the Sportsmanship Award and Dove was named to the Pro Ambitions All-Rookie Team.
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by the Vermont Catamounts, 5-2. Providence finishes the season with a 17-17-3 overall record...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated, 5-1, by the Vermont Catamounts in the second game of the Hockey East Quarterfinals. The...
Women's Hockey Rallies To...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Vermont Catamounts, 5-4, on Feb. 24 at Schneider Arena. Kate Friesen (Altona, Manitoba) and...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
The Friars will host the Hockey East Quarterfinals as the No. 4 seed in the league, hosting No. 5 Vermont. The series will be best-of-three games, and the...
Kathleen McHugh Earns Hockey...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team’s freshman forward, Kathleen McHugh (Billerica, Mass.) was named Hockey East Pro Ambitions Rookie ...