Women's Hockey Hosts Ninth-Ranked Boston University
The Friars and Terriers will meet for the first time this season on Friday.
Buie leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Terriers with three points.
Jan. 15, 2014
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
Game Notes vs. BU
- Providence will be playing host to ninth-ranked Boston University on Friday, Jan. 17.
- The Friars and Terriers will be meeting for the first time this season.
- The puck is set to drop at 7:00 p.m. in Schneider Arena.
- Providence will be providing live stats as well as live streaming with play-by-play from John Carchedi.
- To access the feeds click on the above links.
- Providence also offers live updates of all its games through its twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST TIME OUT...
- The Friars split a home-and-home series with New Hampshire, with both teams taking the win on their respective home ice.
- On Jan. 10, the Friars fell 4-1 to the Wildcats at the Whittemore Center.
- Providence's lone goal was scored by Rebecca Morse.
- The Friars bounced back with a 4-1 win at Schneider Arena on Jan. 11.
- Allison Micheletti led the Friars with a career-best two-goal performance.
- Cassidy Carels tallied her 11th goal with her second game-winning tally of the season.
- With her 11th goal, Carels is one of just 33 Friars to notch 11 or more goals as a freshman.
- Corinne Buie eclipsed the 100 career point plateau with two assists in the win.
- Stephanie Demars also found her name on the score sheet on Saturday, with her third tally of the season.
- Sarah Bryant played in net for the Friars in both games, making 43 saves for a .915 save percentage and a 2.05 goals against average on the weekend.
SCOUTING THE TERRIERS...
- The Terriers enter Friday with one league loss and nine wins for a second place standing in the league.
- Boston University's one loss came against Boston College on Jan. 8, when the Terriers fell 4-1.
- They are led by sophomore forward Sarah Lefort, who has captured a league-best 30 points on team-bests 17 goals and 13 assists.
- Lefort also leads the Terriers with six game-winning tallies.
- Seven Terriers have notched double digit points, while 19 players have at least one point on the season.
- Senior goaltender Kerrin Sperry has logged the majority of minutes in net for the Terriers, making 18 appearances in goal this season.
- Sperry has earned a .933 save percentage and a 2.06 goals against average in 1050:24 minutes.
- Both her save percentage and goals against average rank second among league goaltenders.
- The Terriers have gone 7-3-0 in their last 10 games, including a 5-3 win over Maine (Jan. 11) in their last time out.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- The Friars and Terriers have met a total of 41 times in the history of the two programs.
- Last season the two teams faced a total of four times, including a semifinal showdown, where the Terriers defeated the Friars 4-0 on March 9, 2013.
- Providence leads the all-time series history with a 25-14-2 record, including a 16-2-1 record at Schneider Arena.
- The last time Providence defeated Boston University was on Dec. 3, 2011 at Schneider Arena, when the Friars defeated the Terriers, 4-3.
- Corinne Buie leads the Friars in all-time points (2-1-3) against the Terriers.
- Sarah Bryant has logged the majority of minutes in net against the Terriers with a 0-3-0 record.
- Nina Riley has captured a 0-2-0 record against the Terriers and holds a 3.62 goals against average and a .885 save percentage.
The Last Meeting
|Boston University (WHEA Semifinal)||4
March 9, 2013
Hyannis Youth and Community Center