- Providence will play a home-and-home series against Hockey East foe New Hampshire on Saturday, Jan. 10 and Sunday, Jan.11.
- Saturday's game will be played at Schneider Arena at 1:00 p.m., while Sunday's game will be at the Whittemore Center in Durham, N.H. for a 2:00 p.m. puck drop.
- New Hampshire enters the contest with a 4-13-1 overall record and a 2-7-0 mark in the Hockey East.
- The Wildcats came out victorious in the season's first meeting between the two teams, with a score of 5-0 at Schneider Arena on Dec. 5.
- Jonna Curtis leads the team with seven goals on the season for 10 points.
- Curtis scored two goals in the game and had an assist against the Friars on Dec. 5.
- Kayla Mork has a team-high seven assists and ranks second on the team in points with eight (1g, 7a).
- Mork tallied two assists against the Friars in the first game of the series.
- Vilma Vaattovaara has played in 15 games, compiling a 3.17 goals-against average and a .901 save percentage for a record of 3-11-1.
- Vaattovaara also has the team's only shutout victories (2) in net.
- After trailing 3-1 going into the third period, the Friars battled back to force a tie in a non-conference match-up on Tuesday, Jan. 6.
- Senior Beth Hanrahan tied a career-high in points in a game with two goals and one assist.
- Hanrahan's first goal got the Friars on the board and her second goal tied the game at the 15:07 mark in the third.
- Freshman Madison Sansone scored her first career goal and registered an assist to produce a career-high output of two points.
- Sarah Bryant made 16 saves in the contest for the Friars
- Following the Hockey East home-and-home series against UNH, the Friars host Maine at Schneider Arena for a single conference game on Sunday, Jan. 18.
- Puck drop is set for 2:00 p.m.
- Providence and Maine split earlier in the season, with the Black Bears earning a 3-2 victory (Nov. 22) and the Friars earning a 2-1 overtime win (Nov. 23).
- Senior forward Beth Hanrahan has scored eight goals in her last nine games.
- Hanrahan scored just two goals in the opening 12 games of the season.
- She has had three games with two goals, at Maine (2-1 OT win), vs. Brown (4-2 win) and RPI (3-3 OT).
- Providence recorded its first tie on Oct. 18, 2014 at Syracuse (3-3) since Feb. 17, 2013 when Providence tied New Hampshire 3-3.
- The Friars did not have a tie the entire 2013-14 season.
- Since the tie at Syracuse, PC has tied three other times, at Union (11/7/14), vs. UConn (11/9/14) and at RPI (1/6/15).
- Senior forwards Beth Hanrahan and Haley Frade have played in every game of their careers (129). The streak began in 2011-12.
- Hanrahan has tallied 67 points on 42 goals and 25 assists for her career while Frade has put together 80 points on 28 goals and 52 assists.
- Both players are on pace to place in the top-five in career games played at Providence.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women’s Hockey Comes...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Merrimack Warriors, 4-3, in overtime on Feb. 12. The Friars entered the third period down 3...
Women’s Hockey Ties...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team tied the University of Vermont Catamounts on Feb. 10, 2017. Providence moves to 14-14-3 and 9-9-3 in...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will play at 2:00 p.m. on Feb. 10 at Vermont and on Feb. 12 at Merrimack at 2:00 p.m. Both games will close out the Hockey East series with the...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated by the University of Connecticut, 2-1, on Sunday, Feb. 5 at Schneider Arena in Providence, ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was edged by Northeastern, 4-3, in overtime on Feb. 3. The Friars move to 14-13-2 overall and 9-8-2 in...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
Providence will face two different Husky opponents. The Friars will travel to Boston, Mass. for a 2:00 p.m. puck drop on Feb. 3 at Northeastern's Matthew's...
Bob Deraney Claims 300th...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Maine Black Bears on Jan. 22 to complete the weekend sweep in Orono. The Friars improve to ...
Women’s Hockey Rallies...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Maine Black Bears, despite being down 3-2 after the first period. Providence improves to 13...