- Providence will play a home-and-home series against Hockey East foe New Hampshire on Saturday, Jan. 10 and Sunday, Jan.11.
- Saturday's game will be played at Schneider Arena at 1:00 p.m., while Sunday's game will be at the Whittemore Center in Durham, N.H. for a 2:00 p.m. puck drop.
- New Hampshire enters the contest with a 4-13-1 overall record and a 2-7-0 mark in the Hockey East.
- The Wildcats came out victorious in the season's first meeting between the two teams, with a score of 5-0 at Schneider Arena on Dec. 5.
- Jonna Curtis leads the team with seven goals on the season for 10 points.
- Curtis scored two goals in the game and had an assist against the Friars on Dec. 5.
- Kayla Mork has a team-high seven assists and ranks second on the team in points with eight (1g, 7a).
- Mork tallied two assists against the Friars in the first game of the series.
- Vilma Vaattovaara has played in 15 games, compiling a 3.17 goals-against average and a .901 save percentage for a record of 3-11-1.
- Vaattovaara also has the team's only shutout victories (2) in net.
- After trailing 3-1 going into the third period, the Friars battled back to force a tie in a non-conference match-up on Tuesday, Jan. 6.
- Senior Beth Hanrahan tied a career-high in points in a game with two goals and one assist.
- Hanrahan's first goal got the Friars on the board and her second goal tied the game at the 15:07 mark in the third.
- Freshman Madison Sansone scored her first career goal and registered an assist to produce a career-high output of two points.
- Sarah Bryant made 16 saves in the contest for the Friars
- Following the Hockey East home-and-home series against UNH, the Friars host Maine at Schneider Arena for a single conference game on Sunday, Jan. 18.
- Puck drop is set for 2:00 p.m.
- Providence and Maine split earlier in the season, with the Black Bears earning a 3-2 victory (Nov. 22) and the Friars earning a 2-1 overtime win (Nov. 23).
- Senior forward Beth Hanrahan has scored eight goals in her last nine games.
- Hanrahan scored just two goals in the opening 12 games of the season.
- She has had three games with two goals, at Maine (2-1 OT win), vs. Brown (4-2 win) and RPI (3-3 OT).
- Providence recorded its first tie on Oct. 18, 2014 at Syracuse (3-3) since Feb. 17, 2013 when Providence tied New Hampshire 3-3.
- The Friars did not have a tie the entire 2013-14 season.
- Since the tie at Syracuse, PC has tied three other times, at Union (11/7/14), vs. UConn (11/9/14) and at RPI (1/6/15).
- Senior forwards Beth Hanrahan and Haley Frade have played in every game of their careers (129). The streak began in 2011-12.
- Hanrahan has tallied 67 points on 42 goals and 25 assists for her career while Frade has put together 80 points on 28 goals and 52 assists.
- Both players are on pace to place in the top-five in career games played at Providence.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Burzynski Added to Hockey...
The Hockey East Association announced today (July 20) that Providence College women's hockey's Natasia Burzynski (Rye, N.H.) was added to the Hockey East All...
Women's Hockey Announces...
Providence College women's hockey Head Coach Bob Deraney announced the program's seven-member incoming class set to begin play this fall for the Friars.
Eleven Women’s Hockey ...
It was announced by the Hockey East Association today (June 28) that 11 Providence College women’s hockey players were named to the league’s 2016...
Women’s Hockey Unveils...
Providence College women’s hockey Head Coach Bob Deraney announced today (June 13) the program’s 34-game schedule for 2017-18.
Christina Putigna Selected...
Providence College women’s hockey forward Christina Putigna (Grimsby, Ontario) has been selected to the Hockey Canada’s National Women’s...
Alanna Serviss '18 on the...
Alanna Serviss, the junior goalie for the Women's Ice Hockey team, was a guest on the college's podcast.
Women’s Ice Hockey...
It was announced today [April 24] by Providence College Athletics Director Bob Driscoll that women’s ice hockey Head Coach Bob Deraney has signed a...
Women's Hockey Holds End Of ...
The Providence College women’s hockey team held its annual year end awards banquet at Schneider Arena on April 23. The team honored its five graduating...