PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- Providence will host CHA opponent RIT Tigers for a two game non conference series at Schneider Arena.
- The Friars and Tigers will face off at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 8 and at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 9.
- The game will feature live stats and video that can be accessed using the links above.
- Providence offers live updates via twitter @PCWHockey.
Last time out...
- Providence was defeated by CHA opponent Robert Morris, 6-1 (Jan. 2) and 4-1 (Jan. 3).
- The Friars allowed six power played goals, four on Jan. 2 and two on Jan. 3
- Madison Myers made 50 saves in the two game series.
- Christina Putigna scored her fourth power play goal on Jan. 3.
- The team work of Cassidy Carels and Putigna combined for both Friar goals. Carels scored on Jan. 2, assisted by Putigna. Putigna scored on Jan. 3 and was assisted by Carels and Romanchuk.
- Robert Morris was awarded a penalty shot on Jan. 3 with 2.8 seconds remaining in the second period, giving the Colonials a 2-1 lead into the third period.
- On Jan. 2, the Friars outshot their opponent and lost, the first time this season.
SCOUTING THE TIgers...
- The RIT Tigers posted a 4-15-1 (0-7-1 CHA) record for the first half of the season.
- The Tigers will face the Friars in their first game of the New Year and have not played in a game since December 5.
- RIT is led by Carly Payerl, who has collected 11 points on six goals and five assists.
- Four other skaters have registered 10 points on the season.
- Taylor Thurston leads the team in helpers, with eight while Payerl has the most goals on the team with six.
- Four different skaters have notched two power play goals, leading the team to an 11.1% conversion rate on the power play.
- RIT has a 77.5% success rate on the penalty kill.
- All three Tiger goaltenders have seen time in net. Brooke Stoddart leads the way with 613:23 minutes played with a .893 save percentage and 3.23 goals against average.
- Jetta Rackleff has played in four games this season and was named CHA Goaltender of the Month for December with a 2.08 goals against average and a .926 save percentage.
- RIT has not faced a Hockey East opponent in the 2015-16 season.
- The Tigers have a 2-4-0 road record, and the team’s non-conference road record is 2-1-0.
All Time series history...
- Providence leads the series 17-1-0 with a win percentage of 0.944.
- The two teams have not faced each other in over 10 years.
- Of the two teams 18 games, the Friars have shut out the Tigers eight times.
- The teams have not faced since RIT jumped to the Division I level for the 2012-13 season.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Whitney Dove Wins Hockey...
The Providence College women’s hockey team claimed two major Hockey East end-of-year awards and placed three on the Honorable Mention All Star Team....
Carels won the Sportsmanship Award and Dove was named to the Pro Ambitions All-Rookie Team.
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by the Vermont Catamounts, 5-2. Providence finishes the season with a 17-17-3 overall record...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated, 5-1, by the Vermont Catamounts in the second game of the Hockey East Quarterfinals. The...
Women's Hockey Rallies To...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Vermont Catamounts, 5-4, on Feb. 24 at Schneider Arena. Kate Friesen (Altona, Manitoba) and...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
The Friars will host the Hockey East Quarterfinals as the No. 4 seed in the league, hosting No. 5 Vermont. The series will be best-of-three games, and the...
Kathleen McHugh Earns Hockey...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team’s freshman forward, Kathleen McHugh (Billerica, Mass.) was named Hockey East Pro Ambitions Rookie ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by No. 6 Boston College, 3-1, on Feb. 19, 2017. The Friars move to 16-15-3 (11-10-3 HE) and the...