Frade leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Engineers with three points.
Jan. 2, 2014
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- Providence will play host to the Rensselaer Engineers in its last non-conference games of the season.
- The Friars and Engineers will face-off Saturday, Jan. 4 (7 pm) and Sunday, Jan. 5 (4 pm) at Schneider Arena.
- Providence will be providing live stats and streaming of the game with play-by-play by John Carchedi.
- To access the stream CLICK HERE.
- Providence will also be providing live updates of the game through its Twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST TIME OUT...
- Providence last faced the Dartmouth Big Green at Thompson Arena in Hanover, N.H. on Tuesday, Dec. 31.
- The Friars fell 3-2 to Dartmouth after taking a two goal lead following the first two periods of play.Molly Illikainen notched her third multipoint game of the season with a goal and an assist.
- Illikainen tallied a goal 18 seconds after the opening face-off.
- Cassidy Carels left a drop pass for Illikainen to collect and fire on the Dartmouth goaltender.
- Carels and Lexi Romanchuk both notched an assist on the play.
- Allison Micheletti tallied the Friars second goal with a top-shelf snipe.
- Micheletti was assisted by Illikainen and Rebecca Morse.
- Sarah Bryant made 22 saves in the loss, including a shorthanded Dartmouth breakaway.
SCOUTING THE ENGINEERS...
- Rensselaer enters Saturday with a 6-10-1 overall record and a 3-5-0 record in ECAC play.
- The Engineers are led by senior forward Jordan Smelker, who has collected 10 points on two goals and a team-best eight assists.
- Junior Taylor Mahoney leads Rensselaer with five goals in 17 games this season.
- Kelly O’Brien has logged the majority of minutes in goal for the Engineers, with 921:27 minutes in 16 games this season.
- O’Brien has collected 356 saves for a .918 save percentage as well as a 2.08 goals against average.
- O’Brien has also collected two shutouts on the season for the Engineers.
- The Engineers last competed on the sixth and seventh of Dec., when they traveled to Princeton and Quinnipiac for league games.
- Rensselaer fell 4-1 to Princeton on Dec. 6 and 3-1 to Quinnipiac on Dec. 7.
- Mahoney notched the lone goal against Quinnipiac, while Mari Mankey notched the goal against Princeton.
- The Engineers are 4-6-0 on the road this season.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- The Friars and Engineers have met a total of three times in the history of the two programs.
- Providence holds the edge with a 2-1-0 mark against RPI.
- PC and RPI last faced during the 2012-13 season, when the Friars swept the Engineers on the road.
- Providence posted a 2-1 win on Jan. 11 and a 3-2 win on Jan. 12 last season.
- Haley Frade led the Friars in the weekend sweep with three points on two goals and an assist.
- Courtney Kukowski and Molly Illikainen also notched multipoint weekends to help the Friars in both wins.
- Nina Riley captured the win on Jan. 11 with 22 saves on 23 shots, while Sarah Bryant finished out the weekend with 26 saves on Jan. 12.
- The Friars have scored a total of seven goals in the all-time series history, while allowing the Engineers six.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women's Hockey Set To...
Providence will play a best of three series at No. 6 Northeastern for the Hockey East Quarter Finals. Providence will travel to Boston, Mass. for a 2:00 p.m...
Women’s Hockey To...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team earned a spot in the 2016 Hockey East playoffs. Providence will play a best-of-three series at No. 6...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by No. 1 Boston College, 9-1. The Friars moved to 10-22-2 (6-16-2 WHEA) and the Eagles improved...
Women's Hockey Defeated ...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated by No. 1 Boston College, 7-1. The Friars moved to 10-21-2 (6-15-2 WHEA) and the Eagles...
Providence To Close Regular ...
Providence will play a home-and-home series with No. 1 Boston College for the final two regular season game in the series. With a three point weekend, the...
Women's Hockey Ties...
The Providence College women’s hockey team tied Merrimack College, 2-2. Merrimack scored two power play goals to come back from a two-goal deficit. The...
Women’s Hockey Downs...
The Providence College women’s hockey team clinched a spot in the Hockey East playoffs with a 4-1 win over Merrimack. Christina Putigna (Grimsby,...
Women's Hockey To Play...
Providence will play a home-and-home series with Merrimack. The Friars will travel to North Andover, Mass. on Feb. 13 for a 2:00 p.m. puck drop at Lawler...