Frade leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Engineers with three points.
Jan. 2, 2014
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- Providence will play host to the Rensselaer Engineers in its last non-conference games of the season.
- The Friars and Engineers will face-off Saturday, Jan. 4 (7 pm) and Sunday, Jan. 5 (4 pm) at Schneider Arena.
- Providence will be providing live stats and streaming of the game with play-by-play by John Carchedi.
- To access the stream CLICK HERE.
- Providence will also be providing live updates of the game through its Twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST TIME OUT...
- Providence last faced the Dartmouth Big Green at Thompson Arena in Hanover, N.H. on Tuesday, Dec. 31.
- The Friars fell 3-2 to Dartmouth after taking a two goal lead following the first two periods of play.Molly Illikainen notched her third multipoint game of the season with a goal and an assist.
- Illikainen tallied a goal 18 seconds after the opening face-off.
- Cassidy Carels left a drop pass for Illikainen to collect and fire on the Dartmouth goaltender.
- Carels and Lexi Romanchuk both notched an assist on the play.
- Allison Micheletti tallied the Friars second goal with a top-shelf snipe.
- Micheletti was assisted by Illikainen and Rebecca Morse.
- Sarah Bryant made 22 saves in the loss, including a shorthanded Dartmouth breakaway.
SCOUTING THE ENGINEERS...
- Rensselaer enters Saturday with a 6-10-1 overall record and a 3-5-0 record in ECAC play.
- The Engineers are led by senior forward Jordan Smelker, who has collected 10 points on two goals and a team-best eight assists.
- Junior Taylor Mahoney leads Rensselaer with five goals in 17 games this season.
- Kelly O’Brien has logged the majority of minutes in goal for the Engineers, with 921:27 minutes in 16 games this season.
- O’Brien has collected 356 saves for a .918 save percentage as well as a 2.08 goals against average.
- O’Brien has also collected two shutouts on the season for the Engineers.
- The Engineers last competed on the sixth and seventh of Dec., when they traveled to Princeton and Quinnipiac for league games.
- Rensselaer fell 4-1 to Princeton on Dec. 6 and 3-1 to Quinnipiac on Dec. 7.
- Mahoney notched the lone goal against Quinnipiac, while Mari Mankey notched the goal against Princeton.
- The Engineers are 4-6-0 on the road this season.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- The Friars and Engineers have met a total of three times in the history of the two programs.
- Providence holds the edge with a 2-1-0 mark against RPI.
- PC and RPI last faced during the 2012-13 season, when the Friars swept the Engineers on the road.
- Providence posted a 2-1 win on Jan. 11 and a 3-2 win on Jan. 12 last season.
- Haley Frade led the Friars in the weekend sweep with three points on two goals and an assist.
- Courtney Kukowski and Molly Illikainen also notched multipoint weekends to help the Friars in both wins.
- Nina Riley captured the win on Jan. 11 with 22 saves on 23 shots, while Sarah Bryant finished out the weekend with 26 saves on Jan. 12.
- The Friars have scored a total of seven goals in the all-time series history, while allowing the Engineers six.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women's Hockey To Play...
Providence will play a home-and-home series against UConn on Saturday, Jan. 24 and Sunday, Jan. 25. Saturday's game will be held at Schneider Arena for a 1:0...
Former Friar Karen Kay '...
Providence College women's hockey alumna Karen Kay '85 received the Women's Ice Hockey Founders Award given by the American Hockey Coaches Association (Jan. ...
Women's Hockey Falls to...
The Providence College women's ice hockey team fell 2-0 in a Hockey East loss to the University of Maine Black Bears on Sunday, Jan. 18 at Schneider Arena....
Women's Hockey Hosts...
Providence will play Maine at Schneider Arena on Sunday, Jan. 18 to close out the season series between the two teams. The game is set for a 2:00 p.m. puck...
Hanrahan Named Hockey East...
Providence College women's hockey senior forward Beth Hanrahan (Poolesville, Md.) has been named Hockey East Warrior Player of the Week, it was announced by ...
Women's Hockey Tops UNH,...
The Providence College women's ice hockey team defeated New Hampshire 4-1 on Sunday afternoon at the Whittemore Center. Providence captured the season series...
Women's Hockey Earns 3-1...
The Providence College women's ice hockey team recorded a 3-1 Hockey East win over the University of New Hampshire Wildcats on Saturday Jan. 10 at Schneider ...
Women's Hockey Resumes...
Providence will play a home-and-home series against Hockey East foe New Hampshire on Saturday, Jan. 10 and Sunday, Jan.11. Saturday's game will be played at ...