Frade leads the Friars in all-time scoring against the Engineers with three points.
Jan. 2, 2014
PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
- Providence will play host to the Rensselaer Engineers in its last non-conference games of the season.
- The Friars and Engineers will face-off Saturday, Jan. 4 (7 pm) and Sunday, Jan. 5 (4 pm) at Schneider Arena.
- Providence will be providing live stats and streaming of the game with play-by-play by John Carchedi.
- To access the stream CLICK HERE.
- Providence will also be providing live updates of the game through its Twitter page (@PCWHockey).
LAST TIME OUT...
- Providence last faced the Dartmouth Big Green at Thompson Arena in Hanover, N.H. on Tuesday, Dec. 31.
- The Friars fell 3-2 to Dartmouth after taking a two goal lead following the first two periods of play.Molly Illikainen notched her third multipoint game of the season with a goal and an assist.
- Illikainen tallied a goal 18 seconds after the opening face-off.
- Cassidy Carels left a drop pass for Illikainen to collect and fire on the Dartmouth goaltender.
- Carels and Lexi Romanchuk both notched an assist on the play.
- Allison Micheletti tallied the Friars second goal with a top-shelf snipe.
- Micheletti was assisted by Illikainen and Rebecca Morse.
- Sarah Bryant made 22 saves in the loss, including a shorthanded Dartmouth breakaway.
SCOUTING THE ENGINEERS...
- Rensselaer enters Saturday with a 6-10-1 overall record and a 3-5-0 record in ECAC play.
- The Engineers are led by senior forward Jordan Smelker, who has collected 10 points on two goals and a team-best eight assists.
- Junior Taylor Mahoney leads Rensselaer with five goals in 17 games this season.
- Kelly O’Brien has logged the majority of minutes in goal for the Engineers, with 921:27 minutes in 16 games this season.
- O’Brien has collected 356 saves for a .918 save percentage as well as a 2.08 goals against average.
- O’Brien has also collected two shutouts on the season for the Engineers.
- The Engineers last competed on the sixth and seventh of Dec., when they traveled to Princeton and Quinnipiac for league games.
- Rensselaer fell 4-1 to Princeton on Dec. 6 and 3-1 to Quinnipiac on Dec. 7.
- Mahoney notched the lone goal against Quinnipiac, while Mari Mankey notched the goal against Princeton.
- The Engineers are 4-6-0 on the road this season.
ALL-TIME SERIES HISTORY...
- The Friars and Engineers have met a total of three times in the history of the two programs.
- Providence holds the edge with a 2-1-0 mark against RPI.
- PC and RPI last faced during the 2012-13 season, when the Friars swept the Engineers on the road.
- Providence posted a 2-1 win on Jan. 11 and a 3-2 win on Jan. 12 last season.
- Haley Frade led the Friars in the weekend sweep with three points on two goals and an assist.
- Courtney Kukowski and Molly Illikainen also notched multipoint weekends to help the Friars in both wins.
- Nina Riley captured the win on Jan. 11 with 22 saves on 23 shots, while Sarah Bryant finished out the weekend with 26 saves on Jan. 12.
- The Friars have scored a total of seven goals in the all-time series history, while allowing the Engineers six.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Women's Hockey To Play...
The Friars will play a home-and-home series against Yale on Friday, Oct. 24 and Saturday, Oct. 25. Providence will host a contest on Friday at 7:00 p.m.,...
Women's Hockey Defeated 2-1 ...
The Providence College women's ice hockey team was defeated by Colgate, 2-1, on Sunday afternoon. Junior Brittney Thunstrom (Coon Rapids, Minn.) scored the...
Women's Hockey Skates To...
The Providence College women's ice hockey team tied Syracuse, 3-3, in an away non-conference game on Saturday, Oct. 18. Freshman Brooke Boquist (Thunder Bay,...
Former Friar Genevieve...
Former Providence College women's ice hockey standout Genevieve Lacasse '12 was named to Team Canada's 23-player roster for the Four Nations Cup, as it was...
Women's Hockey Travels...
The Friars will travel to compete against Syracuse on Saturday, Oct. 18 and then Colgate for a game on Sunday, Oct. 19. Both games are set for a 2:00 p.m....
Women's Hockey Defeated ...
The Providence College women's ice hockey team registered a 3-0 loss in the second game of the weekend series against the #8/9 Clarkson University Golden...
Women's Hockey Falls 5-0...
The Providence College women's ice hockey team recorded a 5-0 loss to the #8/9 Clarkson University Golden Knights on Saturday, Oct. 11 at Schneider Arena, in...
Women's Hockey Hosts #8/...
The Friars will host #8/9 Clarkson at Schneider Arena on Saturday, Oct. 11 and Sunday, Oct. 12. Saturday's game will start at 7:00 p.m., while Sunday's game ...