PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
Live Stats & Live Video Links
- Providence will travel to Pittsburgh, Pa. to face CHA opponent Robert Morris for a two game non-conference series.
- The Friars will open the second half of the season at RMU for a 7:05 p.m. puck drop on Saturday, Jan. 2. The teams will conclude the series at 2:05 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 3.
- The game will feature live stats and video that can be accessed using the links above.
- Providence offers live updates via twitter @PCWHockey.
Recaping the first half...
- The Friars finished the first half of the season with a 6-11-0 (4-7-0 WHEA) record.
- After struggling to earn their first win, the Friars started November with a comeback win over Hockey East rival New Hampshire, 5-4 (Nov. 7).
- Providence finished November and December over .500, with a 4-3 record in Nov. and a 2-1 record in Dec.
- The Friars have gone 6-4 in the team’s last 10 games.
- Providence took back the Mayor’s Cup from Brown in a 6-1 win on Nov. 28.
- Christina Putigna was named Hockey East Rookie of the Month for November after registering a seven-game point streak.
SCOUTING THE Colonials...
- The Robert Morris Colonials will host the Friars with a 10-6-4 (5-2-1 CHA) record.
- The Colonials are led by sophomore Brittany Howard, who has collected 26 points on 10 goals and 16 assists.
- Junior Mikaela Lowater is first among her teammates, with 6 power-play goals.
- Robert Morris’ power play has a 23.6% conversion rate, scoring 21 goals on 89 opportunities. Nine players have registered at least one power-play goal.
- The Colonials have a 91.8% success rate on the penalty kill.
- Robert Morris’ home record is 5-2-1, and the team’s non-conference home record is 4-0-0.
- Jessica Dodds has spent the majority of time in the net for the Colonials (1126:55 mins) and posts a .927 save percentage with a 2.08 goals against average. Dodds is credited with each of the Colonials 10 wins this season.
- The Colonials finished the first half of the season with a road trip to Lindenwood, where they tied 3-3 (Dec. 12) and defeated the Lions, 4-1 (Dec. 13).
- Against Hockey East opponents, the Colonials are 2-0 after defeating Merrimack 6-1 and 4-2 (Oct. 9, 10) in Pittsburgh.
All Time series history...
- Providence leads the all-time series 5-2-1, with a .688 win percentage.
- After starting the series with a tie, the Friars won three-consecutive games.
- The two teams have not played each other since 2012.
FRIARS In november...
- Brooke Boquist and Christina Putigna have collected at least one point in every game in November.
- Boquist tallied 13 points, including a game high of four points in the Friars’ 6-1 win over Brown.
- Putigna has aslo registered 13 points in Nov. The freshman has recorded 10 assists and three goals.
- Putigna was named Rookie of the Week for two consecutive weeks. (Nov. 23 & 30)
- Madison Sansone has recorded seven goals and one assist for eight points, for a five game point streak.
- Sansone was name Co-Player of the Week on Nov. 9.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Whitney Dove Wins Hockey...
The Providence College women’s hockey team claimed two major Hockey East end-of-year awards and placed three on the Honorable Mention All Star Team....
Carels won the Sportsmanship Award and Dove was named to the Pro Ambitions All-Rookie Team.
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by the Vermont Catamounts, 5-2. Providence finishes the season with a 17-17-3 overall record...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team was defeated, 5-1, by the Vermont Catamounts in the second game of the Hockey East Quarterfinals. The...
Women's Hockey Rallies To...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team defeated the Vermont Catamounts, 5-4, on Feb. 24 at Schneider Arena. Kate Friesen (Altona, Manitoba) and...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
The Friars will host the Hockey East Quarterfinals as the No. 4 seed in the league, hosting No. 5 Vermont. The series will be best-of-three games, and the...
Kathleen McHugh Earns Hockey...
The Providence College women’s ice hockey team’s freshman forward, Kathleen McHugh (Billerica, Mass.) was named Hockey East Pro Ambitions Rookie ...
Women’s Hockey Edged...
The Providence College women’s hockey team was defeated by No. 6 Boston College, 3-1, on Feb. 19, 2017. The Friars move to 16-15-3 (11-10-3 HE) and the...