PROVIDENCE, R.I. -
Providence - 3 | Quinnipiac - 1
Providence: 3-0-0 (1-0-0 HE) | Quinnipiac: 1-2-0 (0-0-0 ECAC)
Schneider Arena - Providence, R.I.
GAME FLOW & NOTES
- Providence got on the board at the 16:13 mark of the first period. Freshman Chloe Gonsalves (Toronto, Ontario) took a shot from the left side that was blocked by Quinnipiac. Emily Landry (Orangeville, Ontario) picked up the puck and took a slap-shot from the slot that found the top left corner of the net.
- The goal was Landry's first of the season and the assist was Gonsalves' first of her career.
- After penalties to Quinnipiac's Tori DeAngelis and Taylor House, the Friars capitalized on a 5x3 opportunity. At 11:58 of the second period, Brooke Boquist (Thunder Bay, Ontario) put home a rebound on the power play. Excellent passing at the blue line from Avery Fransoo (North Battleford, Saskatchewan) and Rachel Rockwell (Broadview Heights, Ohio) led to the goal. They were both awarded assists on the play.
- Boquist has now scored in all three of the Friars games so far this season.
- With 1:44 remaining in the period, Madison Sansone (Lockport, N.Y.) scored on a 4x4 chance. Kate Friesen (Altona, Manitoba) tipped the puck loose to Cassidy MacPherson (Oakville, Ontario) who fed it to the stick of Sansone. She was able to send home a wrist shot from the slot.
- After penalties to Blair Parent (Blaine, Minn.) and Christina Putigna (Grimsby, Ontario), the Bobcats had 1:47 of 5x3 play. 54 seconds in, Quinnipiac capitalized with a goal from sophomore Sarah-Eve Coutu-Godbout. Kate MacKenzie and Kati Tabin tallied the assists.
- This is the third straight game that no Friar has scored more than a goal.
HOW THEY SCORED
1-0 (Providence) - 16:13/1st - EV - Emily Landry, assisted by Chloe Gonsalves - Slap-shot from the slot
2-0 (Providence) - 11:58/2nd - PP (5x3) - Brooke Boquist, assisted by Avery Fransoo and Rachel Rockwell - Rebound goal from the right side
3-0 (Providence) - 18:16/2nd - EV (4x4) - Madison Sansone, assisted by Cassidy MacPherson and Kate Friesen - Pass from down low from MacPherson, wrist shot in the slot by Sansone
3-1 (Quinnipiac) - 9:40/3rd - PP (5x3) - Sarah-Eve Coutu-Godbout, assisted by Kate MacKenzie and Kati Tabin - Pass from below the goal line to the slot for a wrist shot
Providence: Madison Myers, 3-0-0: 19 saves, 1 goal against
Quinnipiac: Abbie Ives, 1-2-0: 22 saves, 3 goals against
Face-off percentage: 50% (28/56)
Power plays: 1-3 (33%)
Penalty kill: 3-4 (75%)
Face-off percentage: 50% (28/56)
Power plays: 1-4 (25%)
Penalty kill: 2-3 (66%)
PC GAME HIGHS
Shots: Christina Putigna (4)
Goals: Three different players (1)
Assists: Five different players (1)
Points: Eight different players (1)
The Friars continue the weekend series against Quinnipiac at 4:00 p.m. tomorrow (Oct. 7) in Hamden, Conn.
For more updates on the Providence women's hockey program, follow the team on Twitter@PCWHockey.
- GO FRIARS -
Official StoreOfficial Online
Maureen Murphy Collects...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – Maureen Murphy (Buffalo, N.Y.) of the Providence College women’s ice hockey team was unanimously selected to the Hockey East...
Women's Hockey Falls in Game...
The Providence College women's hockey team fell to the University of Connecticut in heartbreaking fashion on Sunday, Feb. 25 in the Hockey East Quarterfinal ...
Women's Hockey Blanked by UConn
The Providence College women's hockey team fell to the University of Connecticut by a score of 3-0 in the second game of the Hockey East Quarterfinals on Feb...
Women's Hockey Downs UConn...
The Providence College women's hockey team defeated the University of Connecticut in Hockey East Quarterfinal action on Friday night (Feb. 23). The Friars...
Women's Hockey Game Notes vs...
The second-seeded Friars host the seventh-seeded UConn Huskies in the Hockey East Quarterfinals. Games are set for Friday, Feb. 23 (7:00 p.m.), Saturday, Feb...
Women’s Hockey East...
The Providence College women’s hockey team is set to host the UConn Huskies in a Hockey East Quarterfinal series from Feb. 23-25. Games are slated for ...
Madison Myers Named Hockey...
Madison Myers (Colchester, Vt.) was named the Hockey East Co-Defensive Player of the Week on Monday, Feb. 19.
Women's Hockey Tops...
The Providence College women's hockey team defeated the Northeastern University Huskies, 1-0, in the 2017-18 regular season finale on Sunday, Feb. 18 at...