PROVIDENCE, R.I. - The Providence College field hockey team fell to top-seeded and No. 1-ranked Connecticut, 3-0, on Nov. 3 in the BIG EAST Conference Semifinals in Providence, R.I. The Huskies advance to the championship game, slated for 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 5, and will face the winner of today’s second semifinal game between No. 2 seed Liberty and No. 3 seed Old Dominion. The Friars conclude their season with an 11-8 overall record.
Providence – 0 | Connecticut - 3
Providence – 11-8 | Connecticut – 18-0
Lennon Family Field | Providence, R.I.
GAME FLOW & NOTES
- Connecticut struck first to take a 1-0 lead just 6:40 into the game. Charlotte Veitner received a pass from Jessica Dembrowski near the stroke mark and converted on a low shot into the right hand side of the cage.
- The Huskies took a 2-0 lead at 19:17 as Svea Boker knocked home a rebound off of an initial shot on a penalty corner.
- Connecticut took a 2-0 lead into halftime and out-shot the Friars, 14-1. UConn also held a 7-0 edge in penalty corners in the opening half.
- The Friars held Connecticut to one goal in the second half as the Huskies earned the 3-0 victory.
- Amelia Iacobucci was credited with the goal as she received a dump pass from Amanda Collins as she was entering the circle. Iacobucci collected the feed and converted her shot attempt from the middle of the circle.
- Providence’s Megan Guilbert registered 13 saves in the match, while Nina Klein stopped one shot for UConn.
- For the game, Connecticut led in shots (25-4), offensive corners (17-1).
6:40 – UConn: Charlotte Veitner (Dembrowski) – received pass at stroke mark; shot low right
19:17 – UConn: Svea Boker (unassisted) – off rebound
62:08 – UConn: Amelia Iacobucci (Amanda Collins) – dump pass on break; shot from middle of circle
PROVIDENCE GAME HIGHS
Shots: 4 players w/ 1
Saves: Megan Guilbert (13)
CONNECTICUT GAME HIGHS
Points: 3 players w/ 2
Goals: 3 players w/ 1
Assists: 2 players w/ 1
Shots: Casey Umstead (7)
Saves: Nina Klein (1)
- GO FRIARS! -
Official StoreOfficial Online
Field Hockey Defeats Non-Con...
The Providence College field hockey team defeated non-conference foe Penn on senior day, 1-0, at Lennon Family Field in Providence, R.I. Providence...
Field Hockey Falls To Old...
The Providence College field hockey team fell to Old Dominion, 2-0, in the BIG EAST regular-season finale on Friday, Oct. 27 in Providence, R.I. The Friars ...
Field Hockey Hosts Old...
The Providence College field hockey team will conclude its regular-season schedule with a pair of home games against BIG EAST foe Old Dominion and non-confer...
Tickets On Sale For 2017 BIG...
Tickets are currently on sale for the 2017 BIG EAST Field Hockey Championship, presented by Jeep. The championship, which will feature the top four teams in...
Field Hockey Drops 3-0...
The Providence College field hockey team fell to BIG EAST foe Liberty, 3-0, on Oct. 20 in Lynchburg, Va. Providence fell to 10-6 overall and 4-2 in...
Field Hockey Prepares For...
The Providence College field hockey team will take on BIG EAST foe Liberty at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 20 in Lynchburg, Va. The game will be broadcast live ...
Megan Guilbert To Play In...
Providence College senior field hockey goalkeeper Megan Guilbert (Morganville, N.J.) was selected to play in the 2017 Victory Sports Tours/NFHCA Division I...
Mary O'Reilly And Manon Van ...
Providence College field hockey was well-represented among the list of BIG EAST weekly award winners on Monday, Oct. 16. Sophomore midfielder Mary O’R...