PROVIDENCE, R.I. - The Providence College field hockey team defeated cross-city rival Brown University, 3-2, on Saturday, Sept. 2 at Lennon Family Field in Providence, R.I. Senior Megan Hamilton (Warrington, Pa.) tallied two first-half goals in the victory, and junior Natalie Mitchell (East Norriton, Pa.) tacked on what proved to be the game winner in the second half.
Providence -- 3 | Brown -- 2
Providence -- 2-1 | Brown -- 0-2
Lennon Family Field -- Providence, R.I.
GAME FLOW & NOTES.
- The Friars took a 2-0 lead into halftime as Megan Hamilton (Warrington, Pa.) notched two goals for the Friars. Both of Hamilton's goals came off of penalty corner opportunities. Freshman Manon van Weezel (Waalre, Holland) and junior Corinne Kenney (Warrington, Pa.) were credited with assists.
- Providence held a 5-2 advantage in shots during the first half and a 3-0 edge in penalty corners. - Natalie Mitchell (East Norriton, Pa.) gave Providence a 3-0 lead at 43:29 after tipping in a cross from freshman Olivia Ward (Havelock, New Zealand).
- Brown finished the match with two unanswered goals, both of which came off of penalty corners. The second goal was scored with no time remaining on the clock, as Brown registered back-to-back corners to close the match.
- Providence held a 9-7 advantage in shots and a 5-4 edge in corners overall in the game.
- Senior goalkeeper Megan Guilbert (Morganville, N.J.) registered two saves for Providence in goal. - Katie Hammaker collected four saves in goal for Brown.
WHEN THEY SCORED
19:21 -- PC: Megan Hamilton (Manon van Weezel)
28:02 -- PC: Megan Hamilton (Corinne Kenney)
43:29 -- PC: Natalie Mitchell (Olivia Ward)
45:24 -- BROWN: Kelly Conway (Corinne Condie; Gina Openshaw)
70:00 -- BROWN: Anagha Nayak (unassisted)
BROWN GAME HIGHS
Points: 2 players w/ 2
Goals: 2 players w/ 2
Assists: 2 players w/ 1
Shots: 2 players w/ 2
Providence returns to action on Sunday, Sept. 3 against Bryant University in a neutral-site match, held at Brown University (Goldberger Field). That game is scheduled to begin at 1:00 p.m.
- GO FRIARS -
Official StoreOfficial Online
BIG EAST Field Hockey...
On Thursday, Nov. 2, the four teams who qualified for the 2017 BIG EAST Field Hockey Championship, presented by Jeep, held practices at Lennon Family Field...
Field Hockey Prepares For...
The BIG EAST Field Hockey Championship, presented by Jeep, will be hosted by Providence College. All three games of the tournament will be played at Lennon...
Four Field Hockey Players...
The BIG EAST Conference released its All-BIG EAST selections and major post-season awards for field hockey on Thursday, Nov. 2. Providence College was well-...
Field Hockey Defeats Non-Con...
The Providence College field hockey team defeated non-conference foe Penn on senior day, 1-0, at Lennon Family Field in Providence, R.I. Providence...
Field Hockey Falls To Old...
The Providence College field hockey team fell to Old Dominion, 2-0, in the BIG EAST regular-season finale on Friday, Oct. 27 in Providence, R.I. The Friars ...
Field Hockey Hosts Old...
The Providence College field hockey team will conclude its regular-season schedule with a pair of home games against BIG EAST foe Old Dominion and non-confer...
Tickets On Sale For 2017 BIG...
Tickets are currently on sale for the 2017 BIG EAST Field Hockey Championship, presented by Jeep. The championship, which will feature the top four teams in...
Field Hockey Drops 3-0...
The Providence College field hockey team fell to BIG EAST foe Liberty, 3-0, on Oct. 20 in Lynchburg, Va. Providence fell to 10-6 overall and 4-2 in...