Providence Game Notes
FOLLOW THE FRIARS (4-4-2, 1-2-1 HEA)
Matchup: Providence College vs. Merrimack College (5-6-3, 0-2-3 HEA)
Faceoff: 4 PM (Nov. 25) Lawler Rink – North Andover, Mass.
Radio: Friars All-Access ($) | WOON 1240 AM (Fri.) Play-by-play: Mike Logan
Live Stats: MerrimackAthletics.com
Matchup: Providence College vs. Colgate University (3-6-4, 2-3-1 ECAC)
Faceoff: 7:05 PM (Nov. 26) Schneider Arena – Providence, R.I.
Video: Friars All-Access ($) - Play-by-play: Mike Logan
Live Stats: GameTracker
- Providence notched its first Hockey East win of 2016-17 with a 5-4 triumph over Northeastern at Schneider Arena last Saturday.
- Five players - Erik Foley, Scott Conway, Brandon Duhaime, Jacob Bryson, and Josh Wilkins all registered two points.
- Junior defenseman Truman Reed and freshman Chase Zieky appeared in their first collegiate games last Saturday. Junior Alex Cromwell appeared in his second career game and notched his first career point on Erik Foley’s goal in the first period.
- Friar freshman have accounted for 11 goals and 19 assists in the team’s first 10 games this season. Wilkins leads the way, averaging a point per game (4-6-10).
- Leading scorer Erik Foley (5-8-13) extended his point streak to six games with a goal and three assists in two games against Northeastern last weekend.
- Junior Brian Pinho upped his point streak to a career-high seven games (2-7-9) with a goal and an assist against Northeastern.
- Jake Walman recorded four goals and two assists during a two-game Friar sweep at Colgate last season, including the first hat trick by a Providence defenseman since 1992.
- The Friars rank fourth nationally in faceoff percentage, winning 56.1% of the draws, including a resounding 45-of-67 draws last Saturday (.671).
SERIES HISTORY – MERRIMACK (85-31-11, .713)
- The Friars claimed all four matchups with the Warriors in 2015-16, including a two-game sweep in the Hockey East Quarterfinals at Schneider Arena last March. The two teams skated to a 2-2 at Schneider Arena on Nov. 5.
- The last four games at Lawler Rink have been decided by one goal, with the Friars winning 3-of-4 of those games.
- Overall, the Friars are 7-1-3 in their last 11 meetings against the Warriors.
- The Friars have held Merrimack to two or fewer goals in 13 consecutive meetings.
SCOUTING THE WARRIORS
- The Warriors enter the weekend at 5-6-3 (0-2-3 HEA) after a split at Wisconsin last weekend.
- Junior Brett Seney leads the way for Merrimack with five goals and eight assists while Hampus Gustafsson follows with seven goals and three assists. Both Seney and Gustafsson scored in the Nov. 5 game between the two schools.
- Goaltender Drew Vogler has posted a 1.63 GAA and .942 save percentage in three games against the Friars in his career.
SERIES HISTORY – COLGATE (19-9-4, .656)
- Providence and Colgate meet for the third consecutive season. The Friars have claimed all three matchups over the past two seasons by a 15-8 margin.
- Overall, Providence is 19-9-4 versus the Raiders dating back to their ECAC rivalry days.
- Colgate last defeated Providence on Jan. 4, 1998.
SCOUTING THE RAIDERS
- The Raiders check in at 3-6-4 overall and 2-3-1 in ECAC play, good for a sixth place tie with Harvard in the standings.
- Sophomore Adam Dauda paces Colgate with three goals and six assists, while veteran defenseman Jake Kulevich has chipped in eight points for the Raiders thus far.
- Senior Charlie Finn has logged over 80% of the time in between the pipes, posting a 3.06 GAA and .907 save percentage.
- Last weekend, the Raiders went 1-1-0 after a 4-3 win over Princeton on Friday and a 7-3 setback vs. Quinnipiac on Saturday.
The Friars will clash with Hockey East rival Boston University in a home-and-home series from Dec. 2-3 beginning at Schneider Arena next Friday night.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Ben Mirageas, Jay O'Brien...
USA Hockey announced on Friday (June 15) that Providence College defenseman Ben Mirageas (Newburyport, Mass.) and incoming freshman Jay O’Brien (Hingha...
Men's Hockey Promotes Ron...
Providence College men’s hockey head coach Nate Leaman announced today (May 14) that Ron Rolston has been promoted to associate head coach of the...
Men's Hockey Announces...
The Providence College men’s hockey program announced its team awards at the annual season-ending banquet held on Thursday evening (May 3) at Schneider...
Jacob Bryson Named a CCM/AHC...
It was announced by the American Hockey Coaches Association on Friday (April 6) that Providence College sophomore defenseman Jacob Bryson (London, Ont.) was ...
Brian Pinho Inks Entry-Level...
Providence College senior captain Brian Pinho (North Andover, Mass.) has signed a two-year entry-level contract with the Washington Capitals on Wednesday (Ap...
Erik Foley Signs Entry Level...
Providence College junior forward Erik Foley (Mansfield, Mass.) has decided to forgo his senior season and has agreed to terms on a three-year entry level...
Three Men's Hockey Players...
The New England Hockey Writers Association announced on Wednesday (March 28) that Providence College's Jacob Bryson (London, Ontario) and Hayden Hawkey (Park...
Björkqvist, Hawkey Earn...
Providence College's Kasper Björkqvist (Espoo, Finland) and Hayden Hawkey (Parker, Colo.) earned two of the Hockey East's final weekly honors for the...