FOLLOW THE FRIARS
- Faceoff: 7:00 PM (Fri./Sat.) (Starr Rink, Hamilton, N.Y.)
- Video Stream: Patriot League Network – Friday | Saturday
- Radio: Friars.com (Fri.) | Friars.com (Sat.) | WOON (1240 AM, Sat.)
- Live Stats: Friday | Saturday
- Twitter: @FriarsHockey
- Providence matched their 4-0-1 start from 2013-14 with a two-game sweep over Ohio State last weekend.
- Trevor Mingoia’s career high three assists paced the Friars to a 6-4 win on Saturday. He now leads the team with nine points in five games.
- The Friars currently are unbeaten in their last nine outings dating back to last season (8-0-1).
- Six different Friars scored against Ohio State on Saturday night.
- Mingoia and John Gilmour top the Hockey East with four points on the power play.
- Walman leads all defensemen in the conference with 1.20 points per game.
- Eighteen different players have found the scoresheet for Providence this season.
- Ryan Tait, Erik Foley, and Garrett Gamez each tallied their first career points last weekend.
- Jankowski ranks fourth in the nation in shooting percentage (.500), cashing in on three of six shots on goal.
- Friar defensemen have combined for eight goals and 12 assists in five games this season (4.00 PPG).
SERIES HISTORY VS. COLGATE
- This weekend will mark the 31st and 32nd meetings between the two schools.
- Providence holds a 17-9-4 edge in the all-time series.
- The Friars will make their first visit to Starr Rink since 1996.
- The Friars and Raiders battled at Schneider Arena last December, a 4-3 Providence win thanks to Trevor Mingoia’s game-winner with 3:46 to play.
SCOUTING THE RAIDERS
- The Raiders enter the weekend fresh off a home-and-home sweep over RIT last weekend.
- Colgate enters at 3-2-0 overall and 1-0-0 at Starr Rink.
- Tyson Spink leads the way with three goals and six assists, while Mike Borkowski has netted a team high five goals.
LAST TIME OUT – FRIARS SWEEP PAST OHIO STATE
- A three-goal outburst in the first period paced the Friars past Ohio State, 6-4, in a wild affair at Schneider Arena last Saturday.
- Nick Ellis made 16 saves in the second period as the Friars were forced to kill three consecutive penalties.
- Power play goals by Jake Walman and Mark Jankowski in the third period proved to be the difference.
GAMES PLAYED STREAKS
Senior Kevin Rooney is the active team leader with 82 consecutive games played dating back to 2013-14.
FRIARS SIT AT NO. 3 IN NATIONAL POLLS
Providence garnered 10 first place votes in the USCHO poll and five in the USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine poll, as they maintained its No. 3 standing in the polls.
A STRONG CROP OF SENIORS
- A stellar group of nine seniors return to the Friars in 2015-16. The group has combined to log 882 games over the previous three-plus seasons and 436 total points.
- Mingoia and Jankowski have been on fire out of the gate, combining for five goals and 12 assists over five games.
- After the program’s first title, Head Coach Nate Leaman garnered multiple honors after guiding the Friars to a magical season.
- Leaman was named USCHO.com Coach of the Year on April 16.
- Named a finalist for the Spencer Penrose Award, given annually to the NCAA Division I Men’s Ice Hockey Coach of the Year.
- Leaman won the award in 2011 as the head coach of Union College.
HAL GILL JOINS FLORIDA PANTHERS
Former Friar defenseman Hal Gill was hired as the Manager of Player Development for the Florida Panthers on Oct. 16.
ACCIARI, MAUERMANN EARN FIRST PRO POINTS
Noel Acciari and Ross Mauermann tallied their first professional points this past weekend in AHL action. Acciari assisted on Providence’s lone goal against Bridgeport on Oct. 17, while Mauermann added an assist against Lehigh Valley on Oct. 16. He also posted an assist against Wilkes-Barre Scranton last weekend.
- The Friars will be idle next weekend before returning to action for a home-and-home with Boston University on Nov. 13-14.
- Friday’s game at Schneider Arena can be seen live on NESN beginning at 6 p.m.
- Tickets for all Friar home games at Schneider Arena can be purchased online here or by calling the Box Office at 401-865-GOPC.
- GO FRIARS -
Official StoreOfficial Online
Men's Hockey Hosts Annual...
The Providence College men’s hockey team hosted its annual golf tournament at Pawtucket Country Club on Friday, August 11.
Current, Former, and Future ...
The Providence College men's hockey team was well-represented at various NHL Development Camps that have taken place throughout the month of July.
McKenzie, Monk Ink Contracts...
It was announced today (July 7) that former Providence College defensemen Kyle McKenzie (Aston, Pa.) and Josh Monk (Langley, British Columbia) have signed...
Men’s Hockey Lands 11 ...
It was announced by the Hockey East Association today (June 28) that 11 Providence College men’s hockey players were named to the league’s 2016-1...
Theresa Feaster '14 & '16G, ...
The Coordinator of the Men's Ice Hockey Operations Appears on the School's Podcast
Mirageas, Bryson Selected on...
Providence College recruit Ben Mirageas (Newburyport, Mass.) and sophomore Jacob Bryson (London, Ontario) were selected on day two of the 2017 NHL Entry...
Ron Wilson '77 to be...
It was announced by USA Hockey today (June 19) that former Providence College defenseman Ron Wilson ’77 will be enshrined into the U.S. Hockey Hall of ...
Garrett Gamez ’19:...
Feature by master storyteller Mike Leonard ’70 & ’00Hon. inspired by a chance encounter.