FOLLOW THE FRIARS
- Faceoff: 7:00 PM (Fri./Sat.) (Starr Rink, Hamilton, N.Y.)
- Video Stream: Patriot League Network – Friday | Saturday
- Radio: Friars.com (Fri.) | Friars.com (Sat.) | WOON (1240 AM, Sat.)
- Live Stats: Friday | Saturday
- Twitter: @FriarsHockey
- Providence matched their 4-0-1 start from 2013-14 with a two-game sweep over Ohio State last weekend.
- Trevor Mingoia’s career high three assists paced the Friars to a 6-4 win on Saturday. He now leads the team with nine points in five games.
- The Friars currently are unbeaten in their last nine outings dating back to last season (8-0-1).
- Six different Friars scored against Ohio State on Saturday night.
- Mingoia and John Gilmour top the Hockey East with four points on the power play.
- Walman leads all defensemen in the conference with 1.20 points per game.
- Eighteen different players have found the scoresheet for Providence this season.
- Ryan Tait, Erik Foley, and Garrett Gamez each tallied their first career points last weekend.
- Jankowski ranks fourth in the nation in shooting percentage (.500), cashing in on three of six shots on goal.
- Friar defensemen have combined for eight goals and 12 assists in five games this season (4.00 PPG).
SERIES HISTORY VS. COLGATE
- This weekend will mark the 31st and 32nd meetings between the two schools.
- Providence holds a 17-9-4 edge in the all-time series.
- The Friars will make their first visit to Starr Rink since 1996.
- The Friars and Raiders battled at Schneider Arena last December, a 4-3 Providence win thanks to Trevor Mingoia’s game-winner with 3:46 to play.
SCOUTING THE RAIDERS
- The Raiders enter the weekend fresh off a home-and-home sweep over RIT last weekend.
- Colgate enters at 3-2-0 overall and 1-0-0 at Starr Rink.
- Tyson Spink leads the way with three goals and six assists, while Mike Borkowski has netted a team high five goals.
LAST TIME OUT – FRIARS SWEEP PAST OHIO STATE
- A three-goal outburst in the first period paced the Friars past Ohio State, 6-4, in a wild affair at Schneider Arena last Saturday.
- Nick Ellis made 16 saves in the second period as the Friars were forced to kill three consecutive penalties.
- Power play goals by Jake Walman and Mark Jankowski in the third period proved to be the difference.
GAMES PLAYED STREAKS
Senior Kevin Rooney is the active team leader with 82 consecutive games played dating back to 2013-14.
FRIARS SIT AT NO. 3 IN NATIONAL POLLS
Providence garnered 10 first place votes in the USCHO poll and five in the USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine poll, as they maintained its No. 3 standing in the polls.
A STRONG CROP OF SENIORS
- A stellar group of nine seniors return to the Friars in 2015-16. The group has combined to log 882 games over the previous three-plus seasons and 436 total points.
- Mingoia and Jankowski have been on fire out of the gate, combining for five goals and 12 assists over five games.
- After the program’s first title, Head Coach Nate Leaman garnered multiple honors after guiding the Friars to a magical season.
- Leaman was named USCHO.com Coach of the Year on April 16.
- Named a finalist for the Spencer Penrose Award, given annually to the NCAA Division I Men’s Ice Hockey Coach of the Year.
- Leaman won the award in 2011 as the head coach of Union College.
HAL GILL JOINS FLORIDA PANTHERS
Former Friar defenseman Hal Gill was hired as the Manager of Player Development for the Florida Panthers on Oct. 16.
ACCIARI, MAUERMANN EARN FIRST PRO POINTS
Noel Acciari and Ross Mauermann tallied their first professional points this past weekend in AHL action. Acciari assisted on Providence’s lone goal against Bridgeport on Oct. 17, while Mauermann added an assist against Lehigh Valley on Oct. 16. He also posted an assist against Wilkes-Barre Scranton last weekend.
- The Friars will be idle next weekend before returning to action for a home-and-home with Boston University on Nov. 13-14.
- Friday’s game at Schneider Arena can be seen live on NESN beginning at 6 p.m.
- Tickets for all Friar home games at Schneider Arena can be purchased online here or by calling the Box Office at 401-865-GOPC.
- GO FRIARS -
Official StoreOfficial Online
Men’s Hockey Quartet...
The Hockey East Association announced its annual season-ending awards and all-star teams on Wednesday (March 14).
Josh Wilkins Named Hockey...
Wilkins recorded both game-winning goals in the Friars’ two-game sweep over Maine last weekend.
No. 9/10 Men’s Hockey ...
The Friars have advanced to the TD Garden in five of the last seven seasons.
Wilkins’ Late Goal...
The No. 9/10 Providence College men’s hockey team defeated the University of Maine Black Bears, 4-3, in Game One of the Hockey East Quarterfinals on...
No. 9/10 Men's Hockey Hosts ...
The best-of-three series kicks off Friday night at Schneider Arena beginning at 7 p.m.
NBC Sports Boston to Air...
The Friars host the University of Maine in a best-of-three series this weekend at Schneider Arena.
Seven Friars Named to...
Seven Friars comprise the 16-member inaugural class of the Rhode Island Hockey Hall of Fame.
Men’s Hockey to Host...
Providence kicks off the postseason against the Black Bears in a best-of-three series on Friday night.