FOLLOW THE FRIARS
- Faceoff: 7:35 PM (Fri.) (Schneider Arena, Providence, R.I.)
- TV: OSN (Cox channels 5 and 1005 HD)
- Video Stream: CoxHub ($)
- Radio: Friars.com
- Live Stats: GameTracker
- Twitter: @FriarsHockey
- The Friars soared up the national rankings this week after posting an impressive 1-0-1 mark on the road at #10/11 Miami. Providence checked in at #2 in both USCHO and USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine polls.
- Trevor Mingoia earned Hockey East and CHN Player of the Week honors for his 2-4-6 performance at Miami.
- The Friars and RedHawks went to overtime for the fifth time in six regular season matchups on Saturday.
- Mark Jankowski posted a career best three assists and four points in Friday night's 7-3 victory.
- Prior to Friday's game, the team will raise last season's national championship banner into the rafters of Schneider Arena.
- Mingoia's six points are good for a first-place tie nationally in scoring.
- Sophomore Robbie Hennessey tallied his first career goal and the Friars' first goal of 2015-16 on Friday against Miami.
- Eight different Friars found the back of the net over two games last weekend.
- After surrendering a power play goal in its first attempt, Providence killed off the final nine Miami power plays of the weekend.
- Former PC assistant and Friar goaltender David Berard `92 is now entering his second season at the helm of the Crusaders.
SERIES HISTORY VS. HOLY CROSS
- Providence has claimed 9-of-10 all-time meetings (9-1-0)
- The Friars and Crusaders went a span of 51 years between matchups from 1957-2001.
- Holy Cross captured its only win in the series with a 6-4 decision at Schneider Arena on Oct. 20, 2007.
SCOUTING THE CRUSADERS
- David Berard's squad enters Friday's contest after dropping a pair to #18 Quinnipiac last weekend.
- Mike Barrett leads the Holy Cross attack with two goals, while Ryan Ferrill, T.J. Moore, and Matt Vidal have each posted a goal and an assist over those games.
- Goaltenders Tommy Nixon and Paul Berrafato have split the first two games for the Crusaders.
LAST TIME OUT -- FRIARS EARN 2-2 TIE WITH MIAMI
- The Friars got goals from defensemen Jake Walman and John Gilmour in a 2-2 tie at Miami last Saturday.
- Nick Ellis made 28 saves, including 10 in the third period.
- Gilmour's tally was Providence's first power play strike of the season.
GAMES PLAYED STREAKS
Senior Kevin Rooney is the active team leader with 79 consecutive games played dating back to 2013-14.
- Providence is 40-24-1 all-time in season openers (.623).
- Under Nate Leaman, the Friars are 4-1-0 in season openers.
FRIARS RISE TO NO. 2 IN NATIONAL POLLS
Providence garnered 13 first place votes in the USCHO poll and seven in the USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine poll, in rising to No. 2 nationally in both.
A STRONG CROP OF SENIORS
- A stellar group of nine seniors return to the Friars in 2015-16. The group has combined to log 858 games over the previous three-plus seasons and 417 total points.
- Mingoia and Jankowski have been on fire out of the gate, combining for three goals and eight assists over two games.
FRIARS PICKED THIRD IN HOCKEY EAST PRESEASON POLL
- Providence earned two first-place votes and 95 total points while placing third in the 2015-16 Hockey East Preseason Poll released on Sept. 21.
- After the program's first title, Head Coach Nate Leaman garnered multiple honors after guiding the Friars to a magical season.
- Leaman was named USCHO.com Coach of the Year on April 16.
- Named a finalist for the Spencer Penrose Award, given annually to the NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Coach of the Year.
- Leaman won the award in 2011 as the head coach of Union College.
- Tom Parisi and Kevin Rooney were named captains for the 2015-16 campaign.
- Mark Jankowski and Nick Saracino will don the "A's" on their sweaters as alternate captains.
GILLIES POSTS SHUTOUT
Former Friar standout goaltender Jon Gillies made 19 saves while earning a shutout in his professional debut as the Stockton Heat blanked the Rockford IceHogs, 7-0.
ACCIARI, MAUERMANN MAKE DEBUTS
- Noel Acciari and Ross Mauermann also made their professional debuts over the past week.
- Acciari has appeared in three games for the Providence Bruins, while Mauermann has appeared in two games for the Springfield Falcons.
- Providence will welcome in Big 10 foe Ohio State next weekend for a two-game set.
- The Friars and Buckeyes split a two-game set out in Columbus last year, with both teams scoring overtime wins.
- Tickets for all Friar home games at Schneider Arena can be purchased online here or by calling the Box Office at 401-865-GOPC.
- GO FRIARS -
Official StoreOfficial Online
Men's Hockey Hosts Annual...
The Providence College men’s hockey team hosted its annual golf tournament at Pawtucket Country Club on Friday, August 11.
Current, Former, and Future ...
The Providence College men's hockey team was well-represented at various NHL Development Camps that have taken place throughout the month of July.
McKenzie, Monk Ink Contracts...
It was announced today (July 7) that former Providence College defensemen Kyle McKenzie (Aston, Pa.) and Josh Monk (Langley, British Columbia) have signed...
Men’s Hockey Lands 11 ...
It was announced by the Hockey East Association today (June 28) that 11 Providence College men’s hockey players were named to the league’s 2016-1...
Theresa Feaster '14 & '16G, ...
The Coordinator of the Men's Ice Hockey Operations Appears on the School's Podcast
Mirageas, Bryson Selected on...
Providence College recruit Ben Mirageas (Newburyport, Mass.) and sophomore Jacob Bryson (London, Ontario) were selected on day two of the 2017 NHL Entry...
Ron Wilson '77 to be...
It was announced by USA Hockey today (June 19) that former Providence College defenseman Ron Wilson ’77 will be enshrined into the U.S. Hockey Hall of ...
Garrett Gamez ’19:...
Feature by master storyteller Mike Leonard ’70 & ’00Hon. inspired by a chance encounter.