FOLLOW THE FRIARS
- Faceoff: 7:35 PM (Fri.) (Schneider Arena, Providence, R.I.)
- TV: OSN (Cox channels 5 and 1005 HD)
- Video Stream: CoxHub ($)
- Radio: Friars.com
- Live Stats: GameTracker
- Twitter: @FriarsHockey
- The Friars soared up the national rankings this week after posting an impressive 1-0-1 mark on the road at #10/11 Miami. Providence checked in at #2 in both USCHO and USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine polls.
- Trevor Mingoia earned Hockey East and CHN Player of the Week honors for his 2-4-6 performance at Miami.
- The Friars and RedHawks went to overtime for the fifth time in six regular season matchups on Saturday.
- Mark Jankowski posted a career best three assists and four points in Friday night's 7-3 victory.
- Prior to Friday's game, the team will raise last season's national championship banner into the rafters of Schneider Arena.
- Mingoia's six points are good for a first-place tie nationally in scoring.
- Sophomore Robbie Hennessey tallied his first career goal and the Friars' first goal of 2015-16 on Friday against Miami.
- Eight different Friars found the back of the net over two games last weekend.
- After surrendering a power play goal in its first attempt, Providence killed off the final nine Miami power plays of the weekend.
- Former PC assistant and Friar goaltender David Berard `92 is now entering his second season at the helm of the Crusaders.
SERIES HISTORY VS. HOLY CROSS
- Providence has claimed 9-of-10 all-time meetings (9-1-0)
- The Friars and Crusaders went a span of 51 years between matchups from 1957-2001.
- Holy Cross captured its only win in the series with a 6-4 decision at Schneider Arena on Oct. 20, 2007.
SCOUTING THE CRUSADERS
- David Berard's squad enters Friday's contest after dropping a pair to #18 Quinnipiac last weekend.
- Mike Barrett leads the Holy Cross attack with two goals, while Ryan Ferrill, T.J. Moore, and Matt Vidal have each posted a goal and an assist over those games.
- Goaltenders Tommy Nixon and Paul Berrafato have split the first two games for the Crusaders.
LAST TIME OUT -- FRIARS EARN 2-2 TIE WITH MIAMI
- The Friars got goals from defensemen Jake Walman and John Gilmour in a 2-2 tie at Miami last Saturday.
- Nick Ellis made 28 saves, including 10 in the third period.
- Gilmour's tally was Providence's first power play strike of the season.
GAMES PLAYED STREAKS
Senior Kevin Rooney is the active team leader with 79 consecutive games played dating back to 2013-14.
- Providence is 40-24-1 all-time in season openers (.623).
- Under Nate Leaman, the Friars are 4-1-0 in season openers.
FRIARS RISE TO NO. 2 IN NATIONAL POLLS
Providence garnered 13 first place votes in the USCHO poll and seven in the USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine poll, in rising to No. 2 nationally in both.
A STRONG CROP OF SENIORS
- A stellar group of nine seniors return to the Friars in 2015-16. The group has combined to log 858 games over the previous three-plus seasons and 417 total points.
- Mingoia and Jankowski have been on fire out of the gate, combining for three goals and eight assists over two games.
FRIARS PICKED THIRD IN HOCKEY EAST PRESEASON POLL
- Providence earned two first-place votes and 95 total points while placing third in the 2015-16 Hockey East Preseason Poll released on Sept. 21.
- After the program's first title, Head Coach Nate Leaman garnered multiple honors after guiding the Friars to a magical season.
- Leaman was named USCHO.com Coach of the Year on April 16.
- Named a finalist for the Spencer Penrose Award, given annually to the NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Coach of the Year.
- Leaman won the award in 2011 as the head coach of Union College.
- Tom Parisi and Kevin Rooney were named captains for the 2015-16 campaign.
- Mark Jankowski and Nick Saracino will don the "A's" on their sweaters as alternate captains.
GILLIES POSTS SHUTOUT
Former Friar standout goaltender Jon Gillies made 19 saves while earning a shutout in his professional debut as the Stockton Heat blanked the Rockford IceHogs, 7-0.
ACCIARI, MAUERMANN MAKE DEBUTS
- Noel Acciari and Ross Mauermann also made their professional debuts over the past week.
- Acciari has appeared in three games for the Providence Bruins, while Mauermann has appeared in two games for the Springfield Falcons.
- Providence will welcome in Big 10 foe Ohio State next weekend for a two-game set.
- The Friars and Buckeyes split a two-game set out in Columbus last year, with both teams scoring overtime wins.
- Tickets for all Friar home games at Schneider Arena can be purchased online here or by calling the Box Office at 401-865-GOPC.
- GO FRIARS -
Official StoreOfficial Online
Men’s Hockey Quartet...
The Hockey East Association announced its annual season-ending awards and all-star teams on Wednesday (March 14).
Josh Wilkins Named Hockey...
Wilkins recorded both game-winning goals in the Friars’ two-game sweep over Maine last weekend.
No. 9/10 Men’s Hockey ...
The Friars have advanced to the TD Garden in five of the last seven seasons.
Wilkins’ Late Goal...
The No. 9/10 Providence College men’s hockey team defeated the University of Maine Black Bears, 4-3, in Game One of the Hockey East Quarterfinals on...
No. 9/10 Men's Hockey Hosts ...
The best-of-three series kicks off Friday night at Schneider Arena beginning at 7 p.m.
NBC Sports Boston to Air...
The Friars host the University of Maine in a best-of-three series this weekend at Schneider Arena.
Seven Friars Named to...
Seven Friars comprise the 16-member inaugural class of the Rhode Island Hockey Hall of Fame.
Men’s Hockey to Host...
Providence kicks off the postseason against the Black Bears in a best-of-three series on Friday night.