Providence Game Notes
FOLLOW THE FRIARS (14-8-4, 6-6-2 HEA)
Matchup: No. 15 Providence College vs. Maine (10-13-3, 4-9-1 HEA)
Faceoff: 6:05 PM (Friday) | 7:05 PM (Saturday) Schneider Arena – Providence, R.I.
TV (Friday): American Sports Network (Listings), NESN, TSN2, TSNGo
Stream (Saturday): Friars All-Access ($) Play-by-play: Mike Logan
Radio (Friday): Friars All-Access ($) Play-by-play: Mike Logan
Live Stats: GameTracker (Friday) | GameTracker (Saturday)
- The Friars currently ride a season-high five-game win streak and are 9-2-2 in their last 13 games after a 3-2 win at New Hampshire on Saturday night. The Friars also claimed their first-ever two-game sweep at the Whittemore Center.
- The team has out-scored opponents by a 39-23 margin over that 13 game stretch, averaging 3.00 goals per game and surrendering just 1.77 goals per game.
- Providence moved up to 7th in the Hockey East standings with the weekend sweep and slid up to 11th in the most recent Pairwise rankings.
- Senior captain Josh Monk capped a three-point weekend with two assists on Saturday night.
- Providence has out-scored opponents 10-2 in the third period during their five-game winning streak.
- Through 26 games this season, Providence has either held a lead or have been tied with opponents for 1240:45 (78.5%).
- Bryan Lemos notched his second multi-point outing of the season on Saturday, notching the game-winning goal and an assist against the Wildcats.
- Freshman Brandon Duhaime tallied his third goal of the season and his first since Nov. 19 to put Providence up 2-1 in the third period.
- Hayden Hawkey’s scoreless streak ended at 113:53 at 18:16 of the second period on Saturday.
- The Friars registered a season-high 48 shots on goal in Saturday’s win.
- Providence is 14-2-1 when scoring at least three goals and is 12-4-3 when out-shooting its opponents this season.
SERIES HISTORY VS. MAINE (48-64-7, .433)
- Providence and Maine will meet for the 120th time on Friday.
- The Friars are unbeaten in their last 12 meetings with the Black Bears (11-0-1) and have won eight consecutive games against Maine.
- Overall, Providence has won seven straight in this series at Schneider Arena. The last loss came on Dec. 4, 2010.
- The Friars have out-scored the Black Bears, 41-20, during their 12-game unbeaten streak.
SCOUTING THE BLACK BEARS
- The Wildcats enter this weekend’s series after a sweep over UMass last weekend in Orono.
- Seniors Cam Brown (4-25-29) and Blaine Byron (12-15-27) lead the way for Maine in scoring. The Black Bears boast five NHL draft picks on their roster: Byron (PIT), Nolan Vesey (TOR), Chase Pearson (DET), Patrick Shea (FLA), and Patrick Holway (DET).
- In goal, Rob McGovern has started in 22 of 26 games this season, posting a 2.70 GAA and .920 save percentage. Backup netminder Matt Morris stopped 84-of-89 shots against the Friars last season, including 50 saves in a 1-0 overtime loss to Providence last February.
- In his 5th season at the helm, Black Bears Head Coach Red Gendron has posted a 48-74-16 career record.
Providence will take on UConn next Wednesday night at the XL Center in Hartford for the first of a home-and-home series with the Huskies.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Björkqvist, Hawkey Earn...
Providence College's Kasper Björkqvist (Espoo, Finland) and Hayden Hawkey (Parker, Colo.) earned two of the Hockey East's final weekly honors for the...
Providence Men's Hockey was defeated by Notre Dame, 2-1, in the NCAA East Regional Final on Saturday, March 24 in Bridgeport, Conn.
Men's Hockey Shutouts...
Friars posted their third shutout all-time in NCAA action and their first ever 1-0 shutout in NCAA Tourney action. PC has recorded five shutouts this season...
Men's Hockey Open Practice...
The Friars will take on Clarkson Friday night at 6:30 p.m. on ESPNU at Webster Bank Arena.
No. 7 Men's Hockey, No. 9...
The Friars and Golden Knights meet for the third time in 2017-18 at the NCAA East Regional in Bridgeport, Conn.
Men’s Hockey to Battle...
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence College men’s hockey team has earned an at-large bid to their program-record fifth consecutive NCAA Tournament ...
No. 9 Men's Hockey Defeated...
The Friars fell to the Terriers by a score of 2-0 on Saturday night at the TD Garden.
No. 9 Men's Hockey Advances ...
BOSTON, Mass. – Sophomore Brandon Duhaime lifted the No. 9 Providence College men's hockey team over No. 7 Northeastern in overtime of the Hockey East ...