BOSTON, Mass. – Chad Krys scored twice in a span of 1:37 in the third period as No. 12/11 Boston University blanked the No. 6 Providence College men’s hockey team, 2-0, on Friday night at Agganis Arena.
No. 6 Providence – 0 | No. 12/11 Boston University – 2
Providence – 5-3-0 (2-2-0 HEA) | Boston University – 4-4-1 (2-1-1 HEA)
Agganis Arena – Boston, Mass.
Hawkey (PC) – 33 saves
Oettinger (BU) – 31 saves
- Jacob Bryson nearly gave the Friars an early lead on a delayed penalty but his wrist shot through traffic drilled the post behind Oettinger.
- Providence couldn’t cash in on their three power play opportunities in the first period.
- The Friars best bid in the second period came shorthanded as Shane Kavanagh fed Brian Pinho on a 2-on-1 but Oettinger slid across to deny the senior captain.
- Providence killed off three Boston University power-play opportunities in the second period.
- Hawkey stopped 14 shots in the middle stanza.
- The Terriers struck twice in a span of 1:37 in the third period as sophomore defenseman Chad Krys found the back of the net to put BU up 2-0.
- Scott Conway nearly cut the deficit to one in the minutes following, but his snap shot rang off the post.
- Providence has killed off its last 16 shorthanded opportunities.
- Josh Wilkins and Jacob Bryson each had a team-high five shots on goal.
HOW THEY SCORED
1-0 (BU) – 7:18/3rd – EV – Chad Krys (Harper) – Saucer pass from Harper to Krys, who’s quick shot beat Hawkey under the glove.
2-0 (BU) – 8:55/3rd – EV – Chad Krys – Net drive down the left wing and a deke to the backhand past Hawkey.
Providence – 0/5
Boston University – 0/4
Providence – 31
Boston University – 35
Providence will face UMass next week for a home-and-home series beginning on Thursday night in Amherst. The Friars will host the Minutemen on Saturday night at Schneider Arena at 7 p.m.
For more updates on the Providence College men's hockey program, follow the team on Twitter @FriarsHockey.
Official StoreOfficial Online
Providence College Mourns...
Former Providence College men’s hockey player Drew Brown ’16 passed away at home on Saturday morning (Nov. 11) at the age of 25 after a long...
No. 8/7 Men’s Hockey...
Ben Mirageas and Josh Wilkins scored for the Friars on Thursday night in Amherst.
This Week in Friars Hockey...
Kasper Björkqvist is the first player-guest of the season to talk about the team's early success.
Men's Hockey to Host "I...
The Providence College men’s hockey program will host “I Fight for Drew Brown Night” on Saturday night (Nov. 11) against UMass at Schneider...
No. 8/7 Men’s Hockey...
The Friars and Minutemen clash Thursday in Amherst and Saturday in Providence.
No. 6 Men’s Hockey...
Hayden Hawkey made a season-high 33 saves for the Friars on Friday night at Agganis Arena.
No. 6 Men's Hockey Visits No...
The Friars and Terriers will clash again on Friday at Agganis Arena in the second meeting of the season between the teams.
Hayden Hawkey Nabs Hockey...
After two wins over nationally ranked opponents, Providence College’s Hayden Hawkey (Parker, Colo.) was named Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week ...